Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Community Praise👍

BisDasBlutGefriert
BisDasBlutGefriert
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm starting this positive infinite thread as a way to say thank you to a person, group of people, or whoever for something they did for you. Such as crafting you a killer armor set for free, giving you a pile of higher level items to decon, or whatever. A little help and positivity can go a long way!

I'll start;

I'd like to give out a huge thank you to the guy I was grouped with by use of dungeon finder in Rimmen Necro(?). I was on a low level toon and had never ran that one before, and died. Alot. He was the healer and revived me everytime. But instead of getting hateful whispers, he was patient and explained to me how I died and what to watch out for. Along with explaining the mechanics of each boss before we rushed in. You sir, made my whole night last night!!! You know who you are, thank you!!!!!
Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on January 18, 2020 3:16PM
~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    source.gif

Thanks to the guild mate that not only gave me a free vampire bite but also had the patience to find where the quest starts and explained it to me <3

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate every "Agree" and "Awesome" people leave on my posts. :wink:
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I really appreciate every "Agree" and "Awesome" people leave on my posts. :wink:

I will be fine with "insightful" as well.

On a more serious note, thanks for everyone helping around newer players. #insert advertise for combat metrix.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the community members, specifically @VaranisArano, for always helping others on posts and providing insight on game related builds and character mechanics.

I appreciate ZOS for giving me a game that, while it does have some bugs and performance issues, gives me engaging content that brings me back everyday.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate my guildmaster who got me hooked on pvp, that miserable *** ;). Thanks to my buddy for making me "hold his hand" as the two of us try to get big group hugs from 50+ enemy players just to see how long we can hold fast before the tidalwave sweeps us away.
      Side note: on these forums I'm thankful for @VaranisArano for his calm wisdom (usually gets an 'insightful' from me) and @Saucy_Jack for his usual antics and pietastic entertainment(Hail Snugglorr).
      Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    • CassandraGemini
      CassandraGemini
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      source.gif

Thanks to the guild mate that not only gave me a free vampire bite but also had the patience to find where the quest starts and explained it to me <3

I don't know why, but that Hobbit gif made me really happy just now, so thank you, Loves_guars, for posting it! :)

Also thank you so much to the guildie who gifted me a whole lot of crafting materials and trait stones when I had just started out and wanted to craft my first sets. You ,sir, were awesome! <3

A more general thank you also goes out to each and every great PUG I've had in my time in ESO. Some PUGs are weird, or 'meh', or even outright bad, you still get by, but it's not really a great experience. It does happen once in a while, though, that you get really great, nice people in PUGs, that tell you when they find a heavy sack or a chest that you've missed, no one rushes ahead, you actually communicate with each other, and so on. All of you guys are awesome!

Edited for typo.
      Edited by CassandraGemini on January 18, 2020 4:10PM
      This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks! I'm glad I can help.

My special thanks have to go to:
      1. the random guildmate who's name I don't remember who mailed back my 10 columbine and said "You might want to use an addon like Master Merchant because Columbine sells for a lot more than 20 gold each." :lol: I owe my fortune to that guy.
      2. My PVP guild, who put up with me when I was a new PVPer thinking "Hey, I die less when I follow these guys around", invited me to their guild, trained me, and have given me over three years of PVP fun fighting for the Pact. :smiley: I never expected to like PVP when I started ESO, but its the friends I made it that guild that have made it a major part of my gameplay.
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HAILLLL SNUGGLORRRR!!!!!!! *throws pie*

I'd like to thank @Anslay for being the all-around nicest person and best GM in the game, @Philgo68 for making Master Merchant and thus making my life 23482342 times easier, @BenevolentBowd for keeping us up to date with all things furniture, and all of the wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people who have helped create/maintain HarvestMap for all these years.

I'd also like to thank all the people who partake in the pie festivities with me!
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    • doomette
      doomette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cheers to the awesome EU GM who sent my very cash strapped character on that side a stack of worms for free. I have been spoiled on my well-stocked NA characters and forgot how much of a pain worms are to acquire. Murkmire helps but the special ocean fish always seem to take longer to catch.

To all the number crunchers and theorycrafters on the forums and elsewhere, thanks for making ESO’s ridiculously opaque combat system much easier to understand. Y’all are math wizards.
    • Ashryn
      Ashryn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thank the strangers who have helped me beat World Bosses when I was having difficulty as a solo player and the WereWolf who bit me and refused any kind of payment even when I offered it. I also thank those that risked their own avatar lives resurrecting me in Cyrodil (countless times!) .
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am grateful to the ESO forum community for helping me with my many questions and confusions when I was starting out, and pointed me in the right direction to becoming a crafting mogul! :lol:

I’m also grateful to the many awesome people I’ve run dungeons with — most of whom were PUGs at least the first time, who had the patience to explain mechanics and wait for quests and even on rare occasion a disconnect! Generous people have helped me out with gear, mats for crafting and so many other things! :)
    • BisDasBlutGefriert
      BisDasBlutGefriert
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lots of wonderful posts so far! You guys/gals are AMAZING!!
      ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love the game. I also love @VaranisArano and @ArchMikem - because you both are level headed and understand this game. Thank you.
    • PrayingSeraph
      PrayingSeraph
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thank you to my fellow two guildmate officers who I became friends with out of game. They have helped me more times than I can count.
      Edited by PrayingSeraph on January 19, 2020 3:53AM
    • BisDasBlutGefriert
      BisDasBlutGefriert
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To those who have politely answered any questions I have had here on the forums lately. Thank you for your time and helping!! You're wonderful!

@tmbrinks @Loulong @The_Saint
    • Inaya
      Inaya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To MOST of the ESO community who are friendly to newcomers, call out price gougers in zone chat so new people won't get ripped off, to everyone who joins in on WB's or dolmens to help out, to every one of the people who helped me and answered my dumb noobie questions when I first started.

To THE best GM and guild in the game! So lucky to have found each other, it is truly a perfect fit.
    • FierceSam
      FierceSam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      To all my guildies and guild masters/mistresses and 99% of players I meet

Patiently spreading your knowledge, helping out and organising things for other players.. You make the game for me.

Respect.

*Top thread
    • January1171
      January1171
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To the random in a pug that stuck with my level 48 tank with the bare minimum of a tank build during normal Depths of Malatar, right after it came out, for two hours, THANK YOU. I was just trying to get a random normal to level to 50 :D Granted, we did have a player leave at one point, but I think about that run often. I felt so out of my depth and kept offering to leave, but you walked us through the mechanics and we made it through.

Thank you to the people I've run into while fishing- specifically one who showed me the spots in Rivenspire and gave me 20 clam gall for free (even though I said I had enough food) and the one who joined me for fishing in Malabal Tor(? , they all blend together a little, but it was definitely an AD zone) and gave me a bunch of Pickled Fish Bowl and refused to take any money for it (I kept adding money to the trade, and then they would add money to the trade, and it kept going :D )
    • FierceSam
      FierceSam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Oh and St Dolgubon, patron saint of PC crafters.

We owe you so much
    • Zer0_CooL
      Zer0_CooL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thank all the PvP players that do not interfere when two players have a 1v1 somewhere out in the fields. And those who stop fighting when someone does interfere.
    • Iccotak
      Iccotak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      @VaranisArano right now
      giphy.gif
    • doomette
      doomette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zer0_CooL wrote: »
      I thank all the PvP players that do not interfere when two players have a 1v1 somewhere out in the fields. And those who stop fighting when someone does interfere.

When I first started PVPing I had no idea this was a thing, so I (ineffectually) jumped in to help a fellow alliance member, because war right? 😬 sorry
      Luckily I caught on after they stopped fighting so the player from the other faction could squish me like a gnat while my comrade looked on.
    • BoraxFlux
      BoraxFlux
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      doomette wrote: »
      Zer0_CooL wrote: »

When I first started PVPing I had no idea this was a thing, so I (ineffectually) jumped in to help a fellow alliance member, because war right? 😬 sorry
      Luckily I caught on after they stopped fighting so the player from the other faction could squish me like a gnat while my comrade looked on.

Some players just want a 1v1, and some just want some bloody help, not onlookers.
      No player can read minds, so don't feel too bad about your initial action.
    • MEBengalsFan2001
      MEBengalsFan2001
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want to give a big shout out to the developers who created and continue to develop and improve this game. Without their hard work and dedication this game would not exist and we would not have created the memories we have experienced in the game.

This shout out for for the players that have been patient with my friend and I in dungeons that we have never run and providing us guidance on mechanics. It has helped us as we continue to run dungeons in the game.

A big thumbs up to all the players, old and new, that have spent time creating guides to help new players out. Not only guides but any app that has been created to make it easier finding things or doing things in the game.

• January1171
      January1171
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Also thanks to my guildies that whenever I ask for a couple of alchemy ingredients c.o.d. for writs, send me tons for free!
    • BisDasBlutGefriert
      BisDasBlutGefriert
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lots of guild and community respect, caring, and helpfulness here!!! Love all of your positivity everyone! You're all wonderful!!!
    • Sennecca
      Sennecca
      ✭✭✭
      I'm thankful for all of the players who answered my questions when i was new to the game. Even though the world is beautiful and the game stands on it's own merits, they are the ones who hooked me on ESO. Also for all of the add on and guide creators who put all the time and effort into teaching people the game. This is what makes this game special - the player base.
    • Alienoutlaw
      Alienoutlaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      alot of things have been said about ESO over the years, mostly the day after patch notes, we disagree more often than we agree, and there have been some heated discussions here on the forums, and i think that is because we all share one thing in common and thats our passion for the game. So i would like to thank each and every person here on the forums for their passion, and the community as a whole because without it ESO would be a very different game for all of us.
    • Muzza45
      Muzza45
      ✭✭✭
      Couldn't get my lazy writ crafter add-on to work the other day... almost cried with joy when I got it working again!!
      Dolgubon is rapidly approaching godly status - move over Vivec & Sotha Sil..!!
    • Ackwalan
      Ackwalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The other day I was fishing while waiting on the PvP queue when a sorc with the bird pet join in. Well that darn pet decided it had to stand right on top of me. The sorc immediately cancelled the pet.