The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Character slot miscount

Nerouyn
Nerouyn
✭✭✭✭✭
I logged in today and found that the crown store is seemingly allowing me to buy 6 additional character slots.

I have already bought the maximum, but the crown store says I've only bought 4 of 10.

I wouldn't mind extra character slots but this doesn't look right.

ur1Q50e.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current total is 18, if you have all the updates.

How many slots do you have now?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

See original post.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    I logged in today and found that the crown store is seemingly allowing me to buy 6 additional character slots.

I have already bought the maximum, but the crown store says I've only bought 4 of 10.

ur1Q50e.jpg

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

See original post.

ur1Q50e.jpg

People have been incorrect before, so simple saying you've bought the max is not good enough. So, how many character slots do you currently have?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    People have been incorrect before, so simple saying you've bought the max is not good enough. So, how many character slots do you currently have?

Again, see original post.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing too hard about saying "I already have 18 characters."

I suggest you report that to Support in addition to your report here.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I reported a bug.

Perfectly accurately.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since your OP clearly shows a screenshot of 4 of 10 character slot, you were incorrect in believing you were at max. Good news for you, you can get another 6 character slots.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I reported a bug.

Perfectly accurately.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant submitting an in game report to Support detailing the whole situation in addition to reporting here. The in game reporting tool often sends more detail that the Support team can use to track down what's causing the problem.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Game says I have a free slot and the Crown Store says I have purchased 2 of 10. I had 8 slots going into Elsweyr, 1 more with Elsweyr, and I have 9 characters, and one additional freeunused slot that appeared out of nowhere. Does Greymoor come with a slot?

Edit: My base game only account still has the 8 slots that it is entitled to. It can have 18 slots, as the game tells me I can purchase 10 more. The game does not tell me I can purchase more slots on my Greymoor account, but it looks like the account can have 18 characters, but two of the 10 extra ones are free? Trying to decide how to write this up in a bug report.

Edited by Elsonso on January 18, 2020 1:04AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up writing a feedback/bug ticket (20200118-004324) about my observations with this. I don't know if anyone else sees this problem or not. I won't get anything back from ZOS on the matter, but at least someone will read it early next year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus