Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The META stam weapon line vs magic line

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
My biggest issue is meta. I hate meta because it causes most players to shift from playing as they want to playing meta. I struggle this as well. Most dont see this but I see a stam meta to used a weapon skill line to optimize your class. Duel wield or 2h. Th same is not true for magic in my opinion. The weapon skill lines for stam is amazing. There is so many options so many ways to create. For magic you get a staff and that's it, Plus restoration. Stam weapons are interesting. Magic is boring and the same with a element change. No one talks about this but in my opinion. This is why stam is better then magic. The option of the weapon skill is better for stam then magic. Eso it's time give magic another weapon skill line. Re imagine staff skill line as a Completely different elemental staff type. That each require it's own skill line. Give 2 in 1 heal to damage. Like dw skill line. Give the magic weapon skill line a aoe executes. The possibilities are limitless.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another magicka weapon line would be splendid. Variety and choice are good.

Just realize that adding magicka weapon lines aren't going to help with your problems with the meta.

There's always going to be a meta. Players who care about the most effective tactics available are always going to flock to the meta. That's why adding variety and choices won't necessarily change anything about the meta. If the new thing is better, players will flock to it. If the new thing is not as good, players will ignore it.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another magicka weapon line would be splendid. Variety and choice are good.

Just realize that adding magicka weapon lines aren't going to help with your problems with the meta.

There's always going to be a meta. Players who care about the most effective tactics available are always going to flock to the meta. That's why adding variety and choices won't necessarily change anything about the meta. If the new thing is better, players will flock to it. If the new thing is not as good, players will ignore it.

True but options would create variety. Like a execute that is based on a ground aoe. Just brain storming.