The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden tanks and nature's gift

mobicera
mobicera
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I've recently come back after a break and have been messing around with creating my own effective tank builds as tanking is always what I loved doing...
I have recently been playing around with a warden tank after making a Dk, NB and necro build I'm satisfied with.

So for my question I'm looking at triggering the nature's gift passive.
I was looking at leeching vines and wondering if cast vines on myself I will apply life steal to the target, will this life steal count as a green balance ability and trigger the passive?
I know life steal from alter will proc maturation, but its not a green balance skill...
Or anyone willing to share your ideas on how you proc this passive and why?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently come back after a break and have been messing around with creating my own effective tank builds as tanking is always what I loved doing...
    I have recently been playing around with a warden tank after making a Dk, NB and necro build I'm satisfied with.

So for my question I'm looking at triggering the nature's gift passive.
    I was looking at leeching vines and wondering if cast vines on myself I will apply life steal to the target, will this life steal count as a green balance ability and trigger the passive?
    I know life steal from alter will proc maturation, but its not a green balance skill...
    Or anyone willing to share your ideas on how you proc this passive and why?

Budding seeds is good because it provides a synergy to your group, is an extra burst heal and constantly heals them procing the passive a lot.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life steal will not proc the nature's gift passive. Every heal(not only green balance abilities ), will proc maturation.
    You can proc nature's gift by using the green balance abilities directly on allies. Budding seeds is indeed probably the most efficient option.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're coming back from a break a few significant things changed for Warden tanks:

1) Polar Wind's heal was shifted to more burst than HoT; if it crits it will heal a DD from pretty 0 to full HP

2) Budding Seeds is not a ground HoT: nice small group/self heal plus it's very easy to proc nature's gift

3) Fetcher applies minor vuln; there's little reason to have IA in a group with a Warden. If no Warden DD in group look into using it.

4ish) not unique to warden: blood altar is essentially free and the cast time was removed (simple effective means of proccing minor toughness)

Non-green balance heals (including Lifesteal) will proc minor toughness but for nature's gift you do have to use GB skill. Vines was clunky (and not worth it imo), but budding is great.
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add: Lotus blossom can be reliable for proccing nature's gift if you weave light attacks and heavy attacks into your tanking with decent frequency. It also increases your spell crit, which is meaningful for warden thanks who are built with cp in blessed and elfborn, since so much healing capability is built into our class kit.
    Edited by Hexvaldr on January 17, 2020 10:17PM