The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

LF advice magDK

Pauls
Pauls
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I recently started playing mag DK in no-CP and looking for skills advice and maybe any tips you could share too.

Wearing spinner + BTB + BS 5/1/1, mag recovery enchants, new bloody mara drink, tri-stat pots; also breton race.
Current skillbar:
Destro: ele drain, flames of oblivion, molten whip, embers, engulfing – shield leap ulti
Resto: rapid regen, fragmented, armaments, fossilize, volatile armor – magma shell ulti

So the main question is – which of these skills I need to sacrifice for slotting protective plate? Other mag DKs who use plate kill me 1v1 almost every time because dmg of light attacks weaving reduced by a lot; plate also will be good against sorcs and their shards, I guess. Kinda confused because everything in this skill setup feels essential but I need to change it however. Thanks.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fragmented. Drop that. And run Degen over molten armaments. Consider flame lash over molten whip. Try undo over magma lol. REALLY consider RAT over protective plate.

Try Succession Spinners or Succession BTB. You’ll hit like a truck.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 15, 2020 11:23PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro: ele drain, flames of oblivion cauterize, molten whip, embers, engulfing – shield leap ulti
    Resto: rapid regen, fragmented snare removal wings, armaments, fossilize, volatile armor – magma shell shifting standard, bats or undo

Fragmented is the best skill to drop of that. I also suggest Cauterize so you have a burst heal; you can also heal a buddy and it procs seething fury. Choose the Wings with snare removal since you don't have one.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for answering, I'll try it.
    Consider flame lash over molten whip.
    What are sources of off-balance in no-CP to proc it? I use whip because it gets 3rd stack quickly for easy combo (flames before engaging – engulfing – embers – BOOM ~15k tooltip charged whip).
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Thanks all for answering, I'll try it.
    Consider flame lash over molten whip.
    What are sources of off-balance in no-CP to proc it? I use whip because it gets 3rd stack quickly for easy combo (flames before engaging – engulfing – embers – BOOM ~15k tooltip charged whip).

Whip will set up off balance by itself, you need only stun or immobilize the enemy and they'll be set off balance. After that it is only a matter of landing the power lash.