The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    So yesterday, the entire server in cyrodiil crashed. Everyone was set back to load screen. The entire server was rolled back approximately 15 minutes. Lost about 15-20k ap. Items that were bought were even rest like it never happened. When logged back in was put back at merchant south gate. Ps4 pro NA
    Edited by devildog13_93 on February 10, 2020 2:23PM
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.

Lag is this thing where you get huge frame rate drops and what your seeing is running behind what's actually happening in game. You work for Zos you should know this.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had to try and get into ncr plus 3 with my guild 7 times , crashed every time we tried to load in , absolute joke of a game at the moment on PS4
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.

Just log into Kaal on PS4 EU and get into a battle, and you'll see what we mean. Don't you have anyone playing on the live servers?? Trust me you can't miss the terrible lag, and play for long enough and you'll crash, in Kaal anyway. Crashing is much improved in Laat.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From casual PvE overland --

No blue screens so far.

Two freezes on loading screens between maps i.e. the spinning ourobouros stops spinning and you have to close app and relaunch the game. One of them wasn't even a "big" map change; it was simply trying to walk from the Brass Fortress Outlaws Refuge outside into Brass Fortress proper.

And last night had my first actual non-blue-screen game freeze - left Lunar Hall, mounted, and was running to the bank to post a few items in my guild trader before logging off for the night. Instead, I got about 10 feet outside my house before the entire screen froze in place. There was not a lot of people around or any crazy AOE shenanigans happening. And I had been playing that session for only about 1.5 hours when this happened - about 1.15 of those hours spent standing in my house engaged in guild text chat so, again, wasn't really doing anything intensive. And Lunar isn't even highly decorated, so I wasn't standing in a 700-furnishing crazy town with a bunch of assets loading up memory.

So annoying.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me, PVE-only, overland.

More than once in the past 2-3 days I got the spinning Ouroboros freeze in place, nothing can be done except force-close the game and restart it.

Also, after about 1-2 hours of playing, the game starts getting frame drops badly, about every 10-15 minutes I will have a period of about 10 seconds where the game is losing frames.

Occasionally I do get also the regular blue screen as well. During fights at dolmens, there are problems with switching bars, or firing up the skills, even when there is just a couple of players around. To fix this, I turn off the PS4, disconnect it from the power outlet, and restart it after 15-20 second of waiting time. It DOES fix the lag and frame rate drops but only for about an hour or so, then it comes back.

PS4 - EU.

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday, the entire server in cyrodiil crashed. Everyone was set back to load screen. The entire server was rolled back approximately 15 minutes. Lost about 15-20k ap. Items that were bought were even rest like it never happened. When logged back in was put back at merchant south gate. Ps4 pro NA
    Mass player dump last night in Cyrodiil PS4 NA Kaal campaign.

Hope someone at ZOS can check server logs. I think this would have been during the 9-10 PM hour or so Eastern Time.

Everyone in Cyrodiil suddenly got thrown into an overland load screen, and then tossed to character login. This, again, is something new since the last patch.

@ZOS_SarahHecker
    PS4NA
  • UglyTriangle
    UglyTriangle
    ✭✭✭
    It seems as if it takes longer to get loaded in. I haven't stepped into PvP much since the end of MM, but when I do my framerate is choppy. I have definitely noticed lag time in activating skills and some areas, particularly Elsweyr, are particularly irritating while waiting for the game to "catch up."
    Bobo the Cowardly | Warden | Healer/MagDPS
    Spooky-Scary-Skeletons | Necromancer | MagDPS
    Incoherent-Screeching | Nightblade | MagDPS
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Trials and Cyrodiil are an absolute joke. It's to the point where I now make up funny 1 line memes taking shots at ZoS and include it in the crash report. It won't do anything, but it makes me feel better. Even renamed a character of mine to 'Blue Screens Hourly'; yeah, it's that bad...

Game is severely underperforming and you chose to buy stuff from the crown store for an ironic name change? Sounds legit.
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.....
    Basically we've been promised and reassured that "Our voices are heard" and "We are taking steps to fix this" in reality the product works 25% of the time and those crown store items and ESO plus membership fees are on auto pay. They're getting a profit an as for everyone else....
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried a VAS +1 , trail was just unplayable on PS4

Peoples skills weren’t firing or had 2 or 3 second delays , tanks taunt wasn’t working and may as well have been playing in an etch a sketch.

WTF are you guys doing other than making it very easy to take my money elsewhere.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to come back, I am glad I checked the forums.

However some of you need to take time out and play other games which is what I have been doing. It will save you much stress over trying to play a game that just doesnt work (reason I left summer of last year).
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, visually, my game froze on the loading screen, but the noise still palyed. I had to force turn it off as I couldnt access the home menu
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.

I doubt it. you should at least compensate us all for what we've lost due to the blue screens. from ap to gold, to items.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    careful everyone, we might get censored for for pointing out the problems again. you know. like they did last time.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today in vhof there was awful delay and rubberbanding. Sometimes seconds between using a skill and the ability firing. This is so demotivating for everyone at this point.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Dunkelblitz
    Aeorath wrote: »

Also, after about 1-2 hours of playing, the game starts getting frame drops badly, about every 10-15 minutes I will have a period of about 10 seconds where the game is losing frames.

Occasionally I do get also the regular blue screen as well. During fights at dolmens, there are problems with switching bars, or firing up the skills, even when there is just a couple of players around. To fix this, I turn off the PS4, disconnect it from the power outlet, and restart it after 15-20 second of waiting time. It DOES fix the lag and frame rate drops but only for about an hour or so, then it comes back.

PS4 - EU.

Sounds for me like a heat problem of your PS4. When there is much GUI rendering todo, temperature of the GPU would rise extremely up and can cause your PS4 to crash & damage it physically.
    Playing on Xbox PvP with my MagBlade. FTP!!!
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS4 - EU.

Sounds for me like a heat problem of your PS4. When there is much GUI rendering todo, temperature of the GPU would rise extremely up and can cause your PS4 to crash & damage it physically.

No. You seem to be rather new around here and I can see in your sig that you play on Xbox, so you probably don't know about this, but the constant blue screening, and now, after the latest patch, extreme lagging, is a mass problem for almost every PS4 player that first appeared in the current severity with Dragonhold. Unless you believe that all of us have overheating PS4s, this theory won't hold.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, hooray, it had been far too long since someone tried to gaslight us all about what must clearly be a mass hallucination by PS4 players.

Cool, cool.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    So started a VSS today, had 4 people consistently disconnect all the way to lokkestiiz. Once at the boss we had major lag issues and disconnect problems. After I disconnected and came back the game would not pull to yolnahkriin and I got stuck in a room while taking damage, able to synergize, and trade with others in my group even though I was not in the same area as them (similar to the video liko posted a couple months back). Attached my video from the run.

@ZOS_SarahHecker tickets take months to resolve on console. Maybe a video providing evidence will decrease the wait?

https://youtu.be/Sn7h3ySyarc
    Edited by codierussell on February 12, 2020 3:44AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive sit this campaign out this month as tho since new patch bleuescreens seem to be gone lagggggggggggg is soooooooooo baddddddddd ( sorry hit an lag spike) that its just not fun atm
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the silence from @ZOS_GinaBruno is deafening while the tumbleweed drifts by.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had many crashes since the patch, but dear lord the lag and input delay is WHACK. Multiple seconds between pressing a button and the skill firing if it goes off at all, bar swap incredibly slow, even just clicking through menus is delayed. Also I don't see how us submitting tickets is going to be of anymore help than us giving information here. You can barely type a sentence in the ticket form on ps4, but you probably didn't know that since it seems nobody tests anything console related over there. Please do testing on some actual ps4's instead of pushing out things you think might fix the problem because 9 times outta 10 y'all just break crap even more.
  • Hip_Uncle_Z
    Hip_Uncle_Z
    ✭✭✭
    I've had very similar experiences on PC NA over the last two weeks, with zero improvement.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a dummy guild just to store my mats because I refuse to sub back to this game. I took a break, came back and the lag is way worse. Even No-CP Cyro PS4NA is a cesspool and any given alliance barely cracks a bar. I can't imagine how bad Laat and Kaal are.

They're giving the same song and dance about performance/"fixes". I was initially gonna sub upon returning, but between this and the battlegrounds change? Nope. I'll play but I'm not paying a cent. No dlc, no crowns (one of my favourite pastimes) and def no sub. Now it's prominent in PvE content? **** is gonna hit the fan.

This game is eeriely reminding me of DCUO...
    Edited by Vicinia on February 12, 2020 9:00AM
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭

PS4 - EU.

Well, in this case it seems this is the only game that actually overheats my PS4, even though it's in a perfectly clear spot, with air circulating to its sides and back. Fans are NOT kicking in at all, even though they do in other games, and those games still don't get laggy or drop the frame rates.

So no, it's not that, but thanks for pointing it out for me.

If you read about the PS4 problems for the game client, what happens to me is what happens to most of us. Overheating is the last of the problems this game has.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Running over land content in both servers, lagging a lot even without massive population concentration as it happens in Cyro. Even outside the prime times... A lot of patience is required to keep playing...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to give a quick update here: The most recent memory management changes brought to PC showed promising results and we are currently aiming to bring them to consoles next week, exact date TBD. This should reduce the issues with crashing you have seen so far. Thank you all again for your patience here.
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.

today is February 12th and nothing has changed, on the contrary, in the last few days cyrodiil is worse than ever
    PC-EU
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PS4 - EU.

Well, in this case it seems this is the only game that actually overheats my PS4, even though it's in a perfectly clear spot, with air circulating to its sides and back. Fans are NOT kicking in at all, even though they do in other games, and those games still don't get laggy or drop the frame rates.

So no, it's not that, but thanks for pointing it out for me.

If you read about the PS4 problems for the game client, what happens to me is what happens to most of us. Overheating is the last of the problems this game has.

No, no, CLEARLY all of us - the entire posting PS4 population on the ESO forums - all of our PS4s are synced up like the Matrix or Skynet and are all simultaneously overheating at this same moment in time. It definitely couldn't possibly be anything that was introduced with Dragonhold (then somewhat resolved with the Feb. 5th patch but that then introduced Super Lag as a blue screen replacement), that was simply the point in time all of our Skynetted PS4s decided to start overheating. Definitely just hardware problems on our end, nothing to be done for it.

(In case it wasn't obvious, that was EXTREME SARCASM.)
  • Tsukyme
    Tsukyme
    ✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    careful everyone, we might get censored for for pointing out the problems again. you know. like they did last time.

Dude they literally blocked me on facebook ESO Page for pointing some glitches i found so they could fix lol
    "A'tvar where are you?"