Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.

I have a question, since you didn't answer the other one, lets see if you actually care about your customers.

So the truth.

Do you even test these patches on actual ps4s and Xboxs. Or do you just put them out and hope for the best.

Because from what it seems, you do ZERO testing before you release the patches.

Could not have it said any better. If you are unaware of how the game is running on live servers than you are beyond help.

You next performance fix propably going to blow up ps4 system alltogether.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without being cynical, exactly that is what needs to be done. QA testers with the proper tools need to jump on the PS4 live servers. How can we provide anything useful on a technical level beyond "it's not doing well"? We don't have the proper skills nor tools for that job.
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    It’s called “public test server” it should be called “next patch deal with it “. Some great points here I’d like to see addressed !
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's another issue here. There's no PTS for consoles and these current issues highly suggest the need for one.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch made cyro much worse for me. I didn't get blue screens half as much as everyone is complaining but now it's extremely laggy. I can take a resource solo far from the zergs and it takes 2-3 seconds for abilities to fire or bars to swap, that's ridiculous.
    Edited by AMeanOne on February 7, 2020 8:53PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apri wrote: »
    That's another issue here. There's no PTS for consoles and these current issues highly suggest the need for one.

^^This.^^
    So much this. After god knows how many years. Please.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apri wrote: »
    Playing PVP feels totally disconnected since the hotfix. Examples from in-game-experience: You do something, you don't see the effect of it. You run through a keep that sees some intense combat and the framerate drops below fluid (probably below 10fps). On the other hand, you die out of nowhere. It's comparable to the health desync bug from snipes sometimes and just very high normal lag in other situations. Since on console we have no logs, framerate or latency indicators or other tools to see what's going on, it is really incredibly hard to provide accurate feedback.

Additionally, we still have loading screens popping out of nowhere midfight. Not new. Still annoying.

I sometimes get these completely out of the blue when I'm not even doing anything. Just now I had a random loading screen while I was browsing the Crown Store! Was previewing a costume, when all of a sudden I get kicked out of the Crown Store and right into a loading screen. My character spawned back with the costume still on for a second.

It would almost be funny, if it wasn't so damn sad.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Whether console gets a pts or not the issues in pvp are across the board. Pc or console either way.

Skills do not work as in you push the buttons or commands and nothing.
    Health bars just disappearing from full to zero.
    Load screens
    Etc.

We submit tickets saying “game unplayable due to recent patch“ and zos will tell us re download, check internet settings, delete old data...it just gets shrugged off.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the issues with blue screens and now the lag are affecting pop
    Friday night at Craglorn,raid groups lf players : 3 -was farming over 1 hour and no1 else showed up
    Saturday morning,groups lf players:0 only 3-4 ppl near wayshrine
    lag overwhere
    Edited by method__01 on February 8, 2020 9:00AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamcro wrote: »
    Whether console gets a pts or not the issues in pvp are across the board. Pc or console either way.

Skills do not work as in you push the buttons or commands and nothing.
    Health bars just disappearing from full to zero.
    Load screens
    Etc.
    Some bugs are universal, others are not. The bluescreens on console were console-exclusive. They were not even the same on PS4 and Xbox by looks at several comments. The bug with the login trouble when switching between servers was console-exclusive (and super easy to spot!), too, and would have been easy to fix before launch if anyone would have had a look at it. It was the first bug that got fixed shortly after Dragonhold's release.

This shows how beneficial a console PTS would be for ZOS if they don't do the testing themselves. There's differences between platforms that need to be tested before release of patches. If they refuse to do it, a PTS would be the next best thing.
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Pts won’t fix what falls on deaf ears.
  • Meimanov
    Meimanov
    Soul Shriven
    Even if there were a PTS I don't think population wise you can emulate what you see on live severs. I could type pages of problems I see on the live server but it you really want to see what the problem is, just go play it for yourself. From blue screens at minimum once per hour, to loading screen while moving from objective to objective to happening right in the middle of combat, the problems are everywhere and you don't have to look hard to find then or wait for them to appear. At 1am EST I believe on Wednesday night of this week it would take anywhere from 5 to 8 presses of a skill for it to actually register. It was happening with proxy det, elemental weapon. shadowy disguise, eye of the storm straight up would not cast.But I know the problem wasn't just me as it took the group of 20 or 30 yellows to kill me as I stood in the midst of them unable to cloak or cast my ultimate and that build is by no means tanky nor could I cast anything to be either defensive or offensive. Elswyer was the last time pvp was relatively ok, ever since scale breaker it is not a product I would pay for, in fact I'd demand a refund, but I continue to buy eso+ for the vet trial content I do outside of pvp which is also highly unstable but far better Than Cyrodil.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also report no blue screens but a whole new world of glitches opened up for me. I don't go to cyro but overland is rough too. Anything with a large amount of players like an Alik'r dolmen and I can't play. Best case scenario I lag, can't bar swap etc. Worst case my surroundings freeze while I move around unable to do anything.
    Today I was peacefully wandering around Vvardenfell with not another soul around when the ground stopped rendering in patches. Lots of silly little glitches like that.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashes are less but the lag is worse!
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Maiyu93
    Maiyu93
    ✭✭✭
    THIS IS ALSO ON XBOX don't forget us. Whatever you did with that patch on the 5th made some horrendus lag/delay to everything. Even getting on your mount has a delay. Skills activating 3 seconds after you hit them or blatantly just not activating at all.
    Edited by Maiyu93 on February 9, 2020 11:32AM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console player I keep telling myself why even bother playing eso anymore. The game just feels so bad to play and look at. It's unbearable.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bluescreens on PS4 are only sporadic now. On the other hand, thanks to lag now it feels like playing a turn-based strategy game...
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok in quiet campaigns, we're in Laat at the moment because Kaal is just unplayable, and with less people in there its all fine, not crashed yet since the patch and no lag. Eso on console just can't handle the numbers in a busy campaign.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played PS4 NA Kaal for about 8 hours without a single blue screen.
    There was an increase in server/client desyncs going on however.
    It may take a couple more patches to fix everything, but I do see this as progress.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.
    Submitting tickets on the PS4 is a pain. Can't ZOS buy some PS4s and send a couple of devs into Kaal after 8pm Eastern and get into some heavy action so they can experience the lag for themselves? Surely that would provide some insight, no?

I feel like you guys nailed the bluescreen crashes (well done there), but introduced new and big lag/latency issues with the same patch.

It's much worse during large fights (20+ players). Symptoms include 4+ second delays on cast-time skills like frags, lethal arrow, dizzying swing etc. Characters will perform half the animation, then run around frozen in that position until the ability finally fires off.

You also see 3 second delays between pulling the trigger on a ballista and it firing. You use your ulti and your character performs the animation, the sound effect happens, but the ultimate doesn't actually get consumed and no damage is done.

Game just feels like there's a ton of latency between pressing a button on the controller and anything actually happening on-screen. Game's always had a bit of this, but not nearly as bad as it's been since this latest patch.

Please ZOS, buy some PS4s for your team and send them in to play Kaal for a few nights with the rest of us. All will likely become abundantly clear. Hopefully they will also see the loadscreens we all experience every time a keep flips, or upgrades/downgrades. Whoever decided keeps should upgrade/downgrade every 5 mins instead of ever hour back in 2018 should know they really damaged the game on PS4 when they did that.
    PS4NA
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Can't ZOS buy some PS4s and send a couple of devs into Kaal after 8pm Eastern and get into some heavy action so they can experience the lag for themselves? Surely that would provide some insight, no?"

stop using common sense
  • May_Hymn
    May_Hymn

Just so you know, it's the same thing for xbox. Because of character limit when making tickets via consol, here's what's going on. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511877/console-lag-since-update

Everything is decynced, seems that when there's less going on it's better but the ability lag during big fights is redic. I've seen inevitable detonation cast for 10+ seconds, other times I see the damage before the cast goes off or it simply doesn't finish. Or Crystal Frags and Merciless Resolve don't go off when their proc or LA count is good to go, as if the server doesn't know that the ability is ready to fire.

Seems a lot of players have resulted in running immobalization abilities because -- you may as well set your controller down, grab your vape and start looking at the map for a place to respawn.

The lag that xbox experieinced before was lag, this is different. The game seems to run a LOT smoother but you just can't do anything. It feels like server lag and heavy decync.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch made it even worse, abilities unresponsive and lag makes it unplayable

Are we gonna have to wait another month for them to “fix” the lag?
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me on xbox one x getting into the game is a nightmare

scrolling through characters crashes me to black screen half the time or once i click on a character half the time it crashes during loading screen and that character becomes unplayable until i log into another character

this could be the only game that one fears updates that improve performance because they almost always make things worse.

so @ZOS_SarahHecker please, how about you test these patches on actual consoles before releasing them like every other game company in the world . I have now crashed over 20 times just trying to get into your game.
    Edited by Brandathorbel on February 9, 2020 6:50PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭

We are all getting insane lag (more than usual. We all know console has a ton of lag) this means:

Skill delay of 4+ seconds

Inability to break free from CCs

Skills not going off at all

Characters skipping around

Load screens mid field, mid fight, on walls, in keeps

All incoming damage suddenly hitting you and just dying

Invisible siege and negates

Inability to use doors on keeps

The list could honestly go on. This is happening for most players on ps4 right now. It’s all over guild chats and zone chats. We need a REAL fix. There’s not way you still don’t care about console and or pvp. I’ve been playing since day one and it’s painfully obvious. I guess we can all send in tickets but honestly you should get a PS4 at home and go play the main campaign for a few hours every night.

WE GIVE YOU FEEDBACK ABOUT PVP AND CONSOLE YET NOBODY LISTENS. Hello? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that no testing is done on consoles before a patch is released, and assuming no ZOS team members actually play on console -

Why not create a new program similar to the class rep program, and give free plus to 10 or so players from each console as a reward for doing in depth bug reports?

I imagine that tons of tickets are sent in and I highly doubt that any have enough info to be even remotely useful.

Creating a small team that devs can ask for specific information relating to whatever, would be beneficial so they can actually understand whats happening on consoles, give console players a little bit of assurance that ZOS is actually trying, and most importantly -

- maybe have a little bit of optimism for the future of the game. As of now, I'm betting that when the inevitable switch to net gen consoles happens there will be a lot of people who won't even bother...if they even stick around until that point.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 pro NA, no bluescreens for me since update (thanks) but increased lag and loading screens are back in a bad way. Have not tried pvp since update only pve. Doesn’t matter if solo or group play for me.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An example of the insane lag in ps4 NA for anyone wondering what is like right now.
    https://youtu.be/GPQZRIPO4k4
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a bugfix that fixes the bugs without adding new ones. Otherwise it's pointless to keep playing.