The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• EddieRavendark
    Blue screens are an absolute joke... I average 8-15 every day. The amount of AP I've lost, cold fire/stone sieges lost, time spent in loading screens is pathetic. I've been paying for this! Actually paying to play a game that is clearly broken!
    Yet they still release nice shiny stuff in the crown store and release a PvP event before fixing the base game! Unbelievable.
  • de-javu
    de-javu
    @ZOS_SarahHecker, might be a coincidence but I really started seeing this blue screening a long time ago when animation cancellations were rampant and now we are inundated with modded controllers along with animation cancellations? I am no computer genus but the pipeline can only handle so much information at any given moment without a massive (bluescreen) information reduction (by cancelling animation cancellation or banning modded controllers) OR maybe investing in the ultimate server system that can handle it. ZOS help us when the PS5 hits the streets and if we are still using the same slow network from PSN.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this suppose to be fixed on the 16th? How long has this been an issue on PS4?
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this suppose to be fixed on the 16th? How long has this been an issue on PS4?

Most people consent that it has started with Dragonhold, so... over two months.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    February 5 zos will announce another fix day,while we get blue screens every 20 min
    not counting the huge loss of ap cause every time we attack or defend a keep,we bsod follow ed by "can't connect to server"
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• de-javu
    de-javu
    Really it is so bad our guild alone sees 25-40 blue screens an hour in PVP and 7-10 an hour in PVE, I am spending a lot of money on this game shame that will stop when I leave, we are losing millions of AP and XP just because of them. It is frustrating so much I have already lost interest in running PVP and focusing on my PVE accomplishments, but I still find crashes there as well and I don't animation cancel and I run a standard controller. Pathetic to say the least and a real shame the new release is coming out with a cloud over its head and sales will show it. I am not pre-ordering anything else until I see a significant adjustment in current crashes like down to 1-3 a week instead of 1-3 an hour per player.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. I’ve lost over 400k ap on flips alone I miss on and I don’t even bother using my cold ballista anymore because I’ve lost like 10 and only have a few left. Every time I counter siege with one I blue screen.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention time lost because the blue screen forces u to restart the whole ps or it errors out and half the time that takes too long and you get booted out of cyro. Took me 7 hours to get my first keep sat cause twice I finally got in, screened, and was ported out when I logged back.

Edited for pore gramer lol
    Edited by bongtokin420insd16 on January 27, 2020 8:03PM
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to give a quick update here: The most recent memory management changes brought to PC showed promising results and we are currently aiming to bring them to consoles next week, exact date TBD. This should reduce the issues with crashing you have seen so far. Thank you all again for your patience here.
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.

We are getting endless bluescreens and loadscreens on ps4 still. You really think that’s fine during an event? How is console always broken for months on end
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost far too much AP to now even bother. I won’t be playing the game anymore (or paying for eso plus/crown store). GG
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I am actually suprised Sony doesn't make them pull this dumpster fire off their platform to prevent any future sales until the state of the game is improved.
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I play the game on XB1X, and have rarely had any problems, I was considering getting it on PS4 too when the Greymoor chapter drops, so that I could play it with my nephew. But again, I don't want to risk it :disappointed:
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, in casual PvE Land, I am now getting more random freezes on load screens between maps than blue screens. Has been worse in that regard since the last patch to "fix performance". Like, almost every 3-4 zone hops, even if I've only been playing for 30 minutes.

Is it really too much to ask that the game 1) loads and 2) successfully functions for more than a few hours at a time?

At this point, that's my bare minimum baseline request. I would be OVER THE MOON if this could be done.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.
    This event has been a disaster when everyone bluescreens nonstop. We all know it’s caused by ulti being dropped. Especially the necro Ultis. Been broken since November btw
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this the fourth time now its going to be "fixed:
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think they know how to fix the problem, why does it blue screen non stop on ps4 for everyone in the game, but not on pc.
    Pc na
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I don’t think they know how to fix the problem, why does it blue screen non stop on ps4 for everyone in the game, but not on pc.

xbox is not bad either.

honestly, it would be nice if sony got involved. They have a broken product on their system and they should be allowing everyone to get refunds for the products and all crowns purchased and charge it back to zos.

I think I recall sony or ms allowing refunds before well after the product was bought due to it being faulty. that would send a message. Sony would, i expect, have contracts in place with Zos that might even mention things like this. So everyone on ps4 should contact sony and try to force their hand
    Edited by Brandathorbel on February 2, 2020 10:06PM
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

xbox is not bad either.

honestly, it would be nice if sony got involved. They have a broken product on their system and they should be allowing everyone to get refunds for the products and all crowns purchased and charge it back to zos.

I think I recall sony or ms allowing refunds before well after the product was bought due to it being faulty. that would send a message. Sony would, i expect, have contracts in place with Zos that might even mention things like this. So everyone on ps4 should contact sony and try to force their hand

I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately until press or some serious YouTuber covers it, Sony won't do a thing. And neither will zos, as money keeps pouring in from PlayStation players nonetheless.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

xbox is not bad either.

I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately until press or some serious YouTuber covers it, Sony won't do a thing. And neither will zos, as money keeps pouring in from PlayStation players nonetheless.

that there is the issue. Right now the shareholders only see profit, there has to be something big that puts profit in trouble. What i would love to see is Sony remove it from their store until its fixed because so many people are asking for refunds. I know , wont happen but damn that would get coverage and heads would roll. We would see some new employees at zos shortly after

its weird how this game seems to be immune to negative reports online when every other game its a world wide disaster if they put a single micro transaction in a game
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bluescreened 20 times yesterday, it is now beyond a joke Zos shut down your severs fix all the problems even if that means shutting down for days offline.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to update from casual PvE land, I had escaped blue screens for a hot minute. More freezes on loading between maps, but less blue screens.

Had first one today in a while. Had been playing for roughly 2.5 hours. Spent whole time in Vvardenfell, cleaning up some dangling quest lines and grabbing a few missing achievements. Spent maybe the last hour or so clearing Forgotten Wastes public dungeon. Very happy I didn’t blue screen in there!

However, I exited the dungeon, spotted a columbine node, bent down to harvest it aaaaaaand blue screen. LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    Had two runs at vHR while its the weekly on PS4 EU, first run had 4 people bluescreen on right side fighting Yokeda Kai.
    2nd run had 5 bluescreen at exact same time on same boss. Luckily the tank was still there and managed to survive and avoid a wipe until people logged back in.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

p4VJHkd.png

Forgive me if I lost faith in your company.

Is this patch going to fix the memory leak? Because not only blue screens are a problem. People report freezing and lagging. The performance of this game on the console is a joke.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I question the "blame Sony" idea. They are certainly not perfect, but I played Destiny and Destiny 2 for quite a while and I can't recall a single blue screen. Same with Tera.

It may have happened, but not enough to be remembered.

Quite regular now with ESO. I was running across Cyrodil on Saturday, nowhere near anyone as far as I could tell, and got my unwanted blue screen guest.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sony is certainly not to blame for this. I have played countless other games on PS4 and in most I don't ever see a bluescreen. Even if a game crashes, it's a rare accident. That's not true for this game sadly.

On the other hand, there is ESO with a crash each hour of playtime in Cyrodiil. And this whole Dragonhold fiasco makes us almost forget that the game did not run well before the update that increased the amount of crashes. Even before Dragonhold, ESO crashed more often than the average PS4 game. And when it did not crash, it had other issues (you guys certainly remember endless loading screens). I have no understanding why there's no business interest into fixing that once and for all in a more timely manner. I mean players unable to play are bad business. Regardless of the game.

What we can do about it is fill out the crash report formula we see each time we bluescreen. I don't know how Sony handles those reports but there's hope that they will act when they see enough crash reports pour in from the very same game.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apri wrote: »
    Sony is certainly not to blame for this. I have played countless other games on PS4 and in most I don't ever see a bluescreen. Even if a game crashes, it's a rare accident. That's not true for this game sadly.

On the other hand, there is ESO with a crash each hour of playtime in Cyrodiil. And this whole Dragonhold fiasco makes us almost forget that the game did not run well before the update that increased the amount of crashes. Even before Dragonhold, ESO crashed more often than the average PS4 game. And when it did not crash, it had other issues (you guys certainly remember endless loading screens). I have no understanding why there's no business interest into fixing that once and for all in a more timely manner. I mean players unable to play are bad business. Regardless of the game.

What we can do about it is fill out the crash report formula we see each time we bluescreen. I don't know how Sony handles those reports but there's hope that they will act when they see enough crash reports pour in from the very same game.

You're very much right. Currently blue screens are the top of our problems but even without them, the performance is terrible.

Midyear mayhem strained the servers so much that when you play in peak times, the lag can be terrible. Forget about doing trials. Yesterday I lagged so much in cloudrest that I had a couple of seconds delays at times.

The FPS drop is scandalous. The loading screens are long...

Playstation 4 is not a bad system, it actually is quite powerful even though it's old. ESO simply is not buit to fully use its power. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ESO is not a multithreading game, and that means it only uses 1/8th of playstation's processing power.

PS4 PRO is more powerful than the slim one, yet when you play side by side, there's literally zero difference between them. It's bad on both models.

I'm really frustrated right now, because obviously I love this game, but its state is just sad.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be acknowledged. This whole even is pvp event based (remember how you canceled the other ones?) us on ps4 are still blue screen nonstop. Probably 40+ times a day. It’s happening to everyone not just people on WiFi or people without a pro. Acknowledge this. Make a real post about it. Pay attention to people who feed you money and support this game. Especially since ogs who play since release. You guys have barely said anything since November. THE HOT PATCHES ARENT WORKING.

Also currently the game is so HORRIFICALLY laggy. For everyone on ps4 na specifically. Like literally no abilities even going off. We are just running around dying to nothing. Are you gonna fix the base game or just add more dungeons thats people do once because there’s not skill achievement

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by RedGirl41 on February 4, 2020 6:14AM
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk how this is a probably it’s been like this since November
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The blue screens are just crashes, right?

I was only on a few minutes per day during this past even, but during the previous event, I feel like PC was crashing a lot too. Game feels really brittle at the moment. Hopefully the next performance patch delivers. It is possible with a major change like that in the pipeline that they will not assign developers to debug the old code causing that instability.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    The blue screens are just crashes, right?

I was only on a few minutes per day during this past even, but during the previous event, I feel like PC was crashing a lot too. Game feels really brittle at the moment. Hopefully the next performance patch delivers. It is possible with a major change like that in the pipeline that they will not assign developers to debug the old code causing that instability.

Yes. It is not an actual Blue Screen of Death, but a software crash. We call them blue screens because this is what happens:

1. Game randomly crashes for no apparent reason

2. We see a blue screen with an error message that the game has crashed and asks if we wish to submit a report to Sony regarding it

3. You either send the report or you don't

4. You are then returned to the PS4 home screen

5. You can relaunch ESO, play a different game, or go do something IRL - dependent on frustration level