The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    apri wrote: »
    If you enable mayhem with the game in such state, there will be riots.
    There has been the promise to fix the performance issues before next Mayhem goes live. Lack of performance was the reason why last Midyear Mayhem was cancelled according to this official posting:
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.
    This quote is from June 2019. Dragonhold released on consoles in November 2019. The constant crashes on consoles were introduced with Dragonhold so in short: The performance problems on consoles have increased since the time of the quoted message. How can Mayhem be set on schedule now when the very same event has been cancelled for less critical performance issues with the promise to increase performance before restarting Mayhem?

The constant crashes on Xbox (in pvp) have been here for 4 years. They were not introduced with dragonhold.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    The constant crashes on Xbox (in pvp) have been here for 4 years. They were not introduced with dragonhold.
    Yes, there have always been crashes on PS4, too. However, Dragonhold increased that problem to an almost unplayable state. From "it happens occasionally" it moved to "it happens within XX minutes" for many people on PS4.

My point is however: We were promised performance improvements before next Mayhem. But on PS4 performance did not increase. In the opposite, it decreased. How can this be?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before dragonhold i might of bluescreened 3xs an week after i bluescreen 3xs an hr seems they fixed it to be an daily issue not an weekly one ;)
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before dragonhold i might of bluescreened 3xs an week after i bluescreen 3xs an hr seems they fixed it to be an daily issue not an weekly one ;)

Before Dragonhold I don't even remember if I blue screened or not, that's how infrequent these were. Now you can get a crash even before you load your character. I doubt you blue screened three times a week, because really there were no problems like that before. Connection loss, lag - yes, but never blue screen. This started with the Dragonhold patch and is still there after several so called "fixes" were applied.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before Dragonhold I don't even remember if I blue screened or not, that's how infrequent these were. Now you can get a crash even before you load your character. I doubt you blue screened three times a week, because really there were no problems like that before. Connection loss, lag - yes, but never blue screen. This started with the Dragonhold patch and is still there after several so called "fixes" were applied.

Im on ps4 NA and yes in pvp beforehand you could get them here or there i say 3 an week as im an daily player that puts 16 to 18 hrs in per day in pvp since im retired and have played EVERY ES game since ARENA and now have the time i would of liked to put into the others
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^
    This

I've never experienced blue screens in any game, including ESO, before Dragonhold. Now it's once per hour in Cyrodiil if I'm lucky.
    Hell, it seems 50/50 if I'm traveling wayshrine to wayshrine in PvE. Blue screened picking flowers in Eastmarch, completely alone.

PS4 pro. I can only imagine the time you guys are having with the older PS4's
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

^
    This

I've never experienced blue screens in any game, including ESO, before Dragonhold. Now it's once per hour in Cyrodiil if I'm lucky.
    Hell, it seems 50/50 if I'm traveling wayshrine to wayshrine in PvE. Blue screened picking flowers in Eastmarch, completely alone.

PS4 pro. I can only imagine the time you guys are having with the older PS4's

Having both 1 old ps4 on an tri fan system and 2 PS4 pro's on duel fan system well cleaned i find that it doesn't MATTER there both just as bad at it now days
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to give a quick update here: The most recent memory management changes brought to PC showed promising results and we are currently aiming to bring them to consoles next week, exact date TBD. This should reduce the issues with crashing you have seen so far. Thank you all again for your patience here.
    Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope so, Sarah, because at this point nothing has helped. It is still a 50/50 chance of blue screening walking into, say, the Rimmen bank. Even at non-peak, non-crowded times. Whether I've been playing for 10 minutes or 3 hours.

Made extra frustrating since almost every time I blue screen, the loading screen to get back into my character freezes (spinning ouroboros stops spinning), so it can take upwards to 2-3 attempts just to get back into the game.

Also, why do we have an XBox person in a thread CLEARLY marked for PS4 saying Dragonhold didn't introduce the increase in blue screens? Why? Why are some of you like this? We are NOT all conspiring together to pull over some massive forum troll - we are all consistantly reporting an increased problem and the exact moment in time that we all on PS4 saw the increase in the problem.

STOP SAYING WE DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE OR THAT THE ISSUE DIDN'T COME FROM AN UPDATE THAT CLEARLY DELINEATES A POINT IN TIME OF "FEW ISSUES" TO "LOADS OF ISSUES".
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to give a quick update here: The most recent memory management changes brought to PC showed promising results and we are currently aiming to bring them to consoles next week, exact date TBD. This should reduce the issues with crashing you have seen so far. Thank you all again for your patience here.

So what was the previous patch for?
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a ps4 NA player and, of course, I've been experiencing these blue screens with the rest of you. There is a lot of dispute as to whether these blue screens came with the update and the severity of them. While most of us are all experiencing these issues, we need to keep in mind that the issues are manifesting themselves differently per person, so someone having a different experience from you isn't necessarily wrong.
    I can state that confidently because my boyfriend and I both have played together since April 2017. He's never seen a blue screen prior to this patch and more frequently than blue screens, his load screens simply freeze up. Me on the other hand, have been blue screening in Cyrodiil with almost every kill and death (mostly giving or taking hard hits desyncing health) since my first mid-year mayhem in the summer of 2018. Then it spread to trying to trade and some load screens regardless of pvp or pve. Interestingly, my issue majorly eased up a couple of months after the event, yet increased dramatically after January 2019's mayhem and has existed UNTIL the last patch. I still get some blue screens, but it's now just a few times a day, versus almost every kill.
    I know this memory leak makes this game look more broken than ever to some, but anyone who's had my experience has seen improvement: not a fix, but progress. We know this game is under renovation and, unfortunately, that's difficult and inconvenient. Sometimes fixing things means breaking other things, then the need to fix those.
    I am sorry the rest of you are experiencing these frustrating blue screens, but I'm experiencing less now that everyone else has been taking some of them off my back, so thank you lol.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promising as they are they are still prevalent in Cyrodil and need a further pass through, its just not acceptable to have to restart the client multiple times a night just to dump a memory leak to keep playing.
  • ZERT1775
    ZERT1775
    Blue screens are the new OP, but hey its cool they only have ruined VBRP completions( by the way netches are broken), no deaths, speed runs, and a handful of trials 😬
    Edited by ZERT1775 on January 21, 2020 8:50PM
    Bring Lemons and Soul Gems
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With due respect, we've seen this message more than once, and honesty I'm tired of seeing it. I'm sure THIS time will be different. Not really...but like everytime I see this message, I hope I'm wrong and it gets fixed.
    I'm a ps4 NA player and, of course, I've been experiencing these blue screens with the rest of you. There is a lot of dispute as to whether these blue screens came with the update and the severity of them. While most of us are all experiencing these issues, we need to keep in mind that the issues are manifesting themselves differently per person, so someone having a different experience from you isn't necessarily wrong.
    I can state that confidently because my boyfriend and I both have played together since April 2017. He's never seen a blue screen prior to this patch and more frequently than blue screens, his load screens simply freeze up. Me on the other hand, have been blue screening in Cyrodiil with almost every kill and death (mostly giving or taking hard hits desyncing health) since my first mid-year mayhem in the summer of 2018. Then it spread to trying to trade and some load screens regardless of pvp or pve. Interestingly, my issue majorly eased up a couple of months after the event, yet increased dramatically after January 2019's mayhem and has existed UNTIL the last patch. I still get some blue screens, but it's now just a few times a day, versus almost every kill.
    I know this memory leak makes this game look more broken than ever to some, but anyone who's had my experience has seen improvement: not a fix, but progress. We know this game is under renovation and, unfortunately, that's difficult and inconvenient. Sometimes fixing things means breaking other things, then the need to fix those.
    I am sorry the rest of you are experiencing these frustrating blue screens, but I'm experiencing less now that everyone else has been taking some of them off my back, so thank you lol.

Only in ESO can someone only get blue screens "A few times a day" and praise that as some kind of improvement.
    🤷‍♂️

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought that what the last update was for. Patience is getting thin. How many times are you going to say next update and except us to keep believing you? Sure, I believe you are working on the problem but quitting giving us lip service that the next update patch will fix it when you know it want. Clearly you knew the last update would not fix it since you already did more fixing for the PC with the intention to bring it later to consoles. Stop giving us hope and crushing it by say next patch will fix it.

Sorry just upset.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Stop giving us hope and crushing it by say next patch will fix it.
    Sadly we don't even have this promise. Instead we have:
    This should reduce the issues with crashing you have seen so far.
    Should reduce... that's not sounding very promising. It certainly does not sound like a fix. However, we will get a patch mid-Mayhem. Well, maybe this gives interesting before-after feedback.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for the angry mob of pvp players that will arrive tomorrow when cyrodiil problems ramp up as it's bound to happen.
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on January 23, 2020 12:59PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m still bluescreening nonstop. Standing In a town, every since battle in pvp. And now I’m not just bluescreen but the whole map freezes. Everyone stops moving. Right before that it’s all glitchy and freezes nonstop.

@ZOS_GinaBruno you guys didn’t tell us at all until the day before that we were getting double ap this week. you guys haven’t fixed anything for ps4, be honest with yourselves. You haven’t fixed literally anything. Now ur giving away free ap (which is already a bs event that ruins ranks) how are you expecting anyone to even play the event? Queue finder still isn’t working. It’s such a joke how little console and pvp is tended to. The queues for pvp will be 700+ tomorrow. With bluescreens we been having since dragonhold
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/xZ46xn_6Pfg This video is a few weeks old but is currently happening to me rn nonstop @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read this very carefully and you might see the reason why those patches before didn't changed anything. The game is developed on PC's and tested there. Only after finishing it it's backported to the Console platform. This might work mostly for XBox (which at it's core is just a modified Windows 10 system), but the PS4 is a different system. The graphics UI is slightly different then W10's and the memory system is different as well (PS4 is running a Unix-oid system at it's core).

If you read the statement you see that they again developed and tested it on PC and that they are hoping that it will work on Consoles. It's very obvious that ZOS has no comprehensive testbed for their Consoles. You could see that coming over the last few years as the Console releases were becoming worse and worse. Improving Console performance, features or stability has never been a priority. We are simply cashcows to keep the game alive for the PC platform, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my patience has run out, and my sub finishes next week. I'll try the game after this next patch, but I have little hope left. I'm not giving ZOS any more money for this broken trash. The big patch is coming in March, maybe that will fix it, maybe not (typically for the big content patches, cyro gets more broken so I'm doubtful) but not another bean from me until it plays well and doesn't crash all the time.
    Edited by Shardaxx on January 23, 2020 6:15PM
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to see this still isn’t fixed. I personally haven’t played the game in over 6 months due to the abhorrent performance issues on PS4.

The incessant crashing during PvP, trials and even crashing after stuttering around at 1FPS wayshrine was one of those things I’d hope they’d eventually fix - and it sucks that it sounds like it’s got worse recently since the last content update.

At least we’ll always have the fond memories of crashing just as a keep flips.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 people zos. 8 out of 12 bluescreened in tonights trial

GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    8 people zos. 8 out of 12 bluescreened in tonights trial

GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ GJ

"It just works" by Todd Howard. They need to fix this.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.
    Staff Post
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    I know there's no compensation for this, but everyone keeps blue screening, logging back in and misses any type of ap gains due to "this account is already logged in" can't we get 1 more week for the event, don't even need event ticket, but this way the patch can be tested under a full load? @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just a quick update on the date for the incremental. It's currently planned for next week on February 5th.

Will this not be the third time you are "fixing" this? And this issue is huge, It is not acceptable to wait next week when it has been like this for a couple months now.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I don't believe it's going to fix it...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just resorted to force-closing the app every hour or so, right after I get the o-tick or d-tick. At least I have control over when I relog that way.

You can tell when it's time to force-close because lighting animations like torches on keeps still glow but no longer have flames.
    PS4NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So...this is the memory leak patch for all consoles isn't it? This isn't coming until after Midyear Mayhem? Fantastic as usual.