Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When it Comes to Dungeon's

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
So I qued up for a Dungeon and I never made it in? I was playing a DPS. So my question is what class is in the highest demand when it comes to Dungeons, Random Dungeons and Dungeon Finder's
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett

When it Comes to Dungeon's 73 votes

Tank
91%
Cireousdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOCyberOnEsozariawild_kmacdb16_ESOvalidifyedneb18_ESOAshtarisdem0n1kShaloknirHuyenCaffeinatedMayhemThe_AurorAlnilamEKnightpantherKelcesLarianasiddiqueSnowZeniaFreakin_HytteMattT1988 67 votes
Damage
2%
IdinuseWildRaptorX 2 votes
Healer
5%
moleculeLoneStar2911RefLibertyakdave0 4 votes
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tanks are highest in demand. DPS lowest demand.

This kind of gets flipped when it comes to trials.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tanks are highest in demand. DPS lowest demand.

This kind of gets flipped when it comes to trials.

I find it's the same with trials.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    Good tanks are a rare breed.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    Definitely Tanks.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are alot less tanks out there than dps. Also alot of tanks dont wanna pug coz theres so many scrub dps. I only tank when I'm bored or drunk. Or both.
    Tanked BC2 the other day with 15k group dps. Took forever to get to last boss but I had nothing better to do. But dps just couldn't burn the boss. I held 12 daedroths and boss was close to 100% hp most of the fight cos ppl kept dying and orbs didn't get killed lol.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    The rare species of tanks that you can see max 1-2 a day in the wilds of ESO
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    The demand for tanks is huge thats why you see fake tanks so often if you do a random search. People always pick tank if they want to get in fast, in normal thats pretty irrelevant, but if it comes to veteran that can be a problem in certain dungeons, since you need to have the boss taunted, so he won't wipe the group.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tanks are objectively the weirdest.

I'm curious how long you waited queued as DD before giving up? No one can be expected to wait for hours, but waiting up to an hour is pretty standard.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to run random normals as both tank and healer. My healers typically wait 2 to 5 minutes for a queue pop. It is extremely rare for my tank to wait more than a minute for a group.

So for events like the Undaunted, I equip a taunt on my DDs and queue as tank for the dungeons I know they can tank. It gets the job done quickly.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    I voted tank cause yeeeee tank. :Sigh:
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    if i need to do dungeons i play as a tank because its an easiest way to play dungeons. i dont know why everyone wants to be a dd
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 31, 2019 2:08PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are not classes, they are roles that every class can fill.

Decent dps is most in demand. Tanks worth their salt tend to avoid solo queue in the GF because it is a pain to tank trash when they die so slow because the dps is that bad. I am not joking.

Healers would be next as it is really easy for a magicka to slot a rstaff and a heal or two.

What I do not understand is why those that complain about fake tanks and dps that complain about long queues do not have an alt build for tanking. I have done it many times in a dps by just swapping gear and skills while leaving CP alone. Be the solution is my attitude.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage
    100%
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tanks are the most important role in any content.

Kick ALL fake tanks in pugs.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    if you have the right sort of PVP character, just slot a taunt and go tank.
    If you can solo the dungeon on your own, you can tank, so long as you taunt bosses (assuming you have anyone in the group that does more dps than you). Have been kicked without a word before for running way ahead though, some people like to loot litterally everything, not talk, and kick.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    idk wrote: »

Decent dps is most in demand. Tanks worth their salt tend to avoid solo queue in the GF because it is a pain to tank trash when they die so slow because the dps is that bad. I am not joking.

Healers would be next as it is really easy for a magicka to slot a rstaff and a heal or two.

What I do not understand is why those that complain about fake tanks and dps that complain about long queues do not have an alt build for tanking. I have done it many times in a dps by just swapping gear and skills while leaving CP alone. Be the solution is my attitude.

this basically ^

No high end actual tanks want to do random normals because its so painfully slow with the average player pulling about 8k dps. Much nicer to play it on a tankier DPS that can pump out 4x what your average group can bring in damage while also keeping everyone alive.

(You do occassionally get the anti-fake-tank zeolots who pull less than 5k dps and complain that because you dont have a shield you must be kicked, regardless of your ability to keep aggro)

Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on December 31, 2019 3:09PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    L_Nici wrote: »
    The demand for tanks is huge thats why you see fake tanks so often if you do a random search. People always pick tank if they want to get in fast, in normal thats pretty irrelevant, but if it comes to veteran that can be a problem in certain dungeons, since you need to have the boss taunted, so he won't wipe the group.

I find it interesting that often in these harder (usually DLC) dungeons, its often not the ability of the fake tank thats the issue (one can simply roll the highly-telegraphed 1-shot mechanics), rather the DD being incapable of standing outside of non-tank mechanics.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

this basically ^

No high end actual tanks want to do random normals because its so painfully slow with the average player pulling about 8k dps. Much nicer to play it on a tankier DPS that can pump out 4x what your average group can bring in damage while also keeping everyone alive.

(You do occassionally get the anti-fake-tank zeolots who pull less than 5k dps and complain that because you dont have a shield you must be kicked, regardless of your ability to keep aggro)

LOL. to true. I have been on an alt account ~CP160 as a healer and pulled as much dps as the entire group of CP capped players. Fortunately it was a normal dungeon as I was just grinding CP but it happened far to often. BTW, I was mostly doing WoE/HA. I might have added a few more skilled to make up for the normal lack of group DPS.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank , you wait 1-5 secs
    Healer , 1-2 mins
    DPS up to 45 mins
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank are in highest demand on the dungeon finder but strong dps is extremely important to a group and imo is the rarest of anything to find.

I've tanked a lot of dungeons especially vets where the dps just isn't there so its impossible or takes forever, this is why I stopped tanking or only group with experienced players in that role. My healer on the other hand can safely off dps and heal at the same time with backbar so I can carry groups much easier with my magplar.

In terms of queue time though you want tank or heal, I won't even sit in a dps queue, I'll just group up in zone or guild chat, that wait time is damn awful and by the time it pops I'm usually busy doing whatever the heck else I was doing to pass the time.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank obviously.

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    Been that way for years. On console no queue as tank or healer. I personally find tanking extremely boring. You could have one resto skill and pull off healing on most vanilla normal dungeons.

I do however try to kick any fake tanks I come across.
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    H3IIi0N wrote: »
    Been that way for years. On console no queue as tank or healer. I personally find tanking extremely boring. You could have one resto skill and pull off healing on most vanilla normal dungeons.

hates tanking because DPS dont do ***

hates 'fake' tanks that can actually bring dps

logic
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭

logic

Theres no logic in your post in that you assume why tanking bores me. Nice try kid 😬
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank

logic

Theres no logic in your post in that you assume why tanking bores me. Nice try kid 😬

Even if you find tanking interesting, its boring when each boss takes 20 mins, and you sit there powerless to do damage with your build even though you're the only skilled player in the group.

If every group pulled even a tiny amount of respectable dps, even 30k group dps, Id have a much happier time tanking.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When it comes to dungeon is,
    It also comes to dungeon isn't;

Take the sweetroll from the dungeon wiz,
    And you will become a dungeon wizn't.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Fast queue: be a tank
    Fast dungeon: be a dd

Queue pop almost immediately on my healer, but I always get a slower run than if I just DD myself.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Fast queue: be a tank
    Fast dungeon: be a dd

Queue pop almost immediately on my healer, but I always get a slower run than if I just DD myself.

I feel that pain. I'm a healer main and I can do about 30K dps on my main DD. 30K on a 3 mil isn't good these days, but it feels at least 3 times as high as what I get matched up with. But I can't even get in a dungeon on my DD these days so I just heal while watching youtube. I'm learning how to tank too but only for friends.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    I have two tanks and tend to use them for farming gear or doing stuff.
    Benefit of healer is that healers are kind of DD / heal depending of gear and bar layout also healers are less critical.
    However you can go from a bit medium cp magic DD with some weak morphs to trial heal with an gear and bar swap even if optimized for trial healing.

Even an expert tank is kind of screwed with an junk group.
    Yes you can make an overland build for an tank, but your cp will be very wrong, so with attributes, and the DD build would not be very tanky at all.

The main problem however is that saying: tank LFG 4-6 key pledges tend to fill up fast in guild chat.
    So you never enter the random queue.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    I queue as tank and dump groups one after the other if they're bad since I can get a new group really fast.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |