The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NB Tank question

anticlergy
My apologies if this has been answered a thousand times, but I am unable to find a definitive answer. I also am super casual as I do not have much time for endgame content at this time. But, my question is simple. If I do ever decide to do endgame trials, is a NB tank truly viable for hardmode? Or, is the meta still based on a DK and a Warden? I'm just wondering as I am not really into DK tanking, but I also don't want to never be able to get a group. Again, I will never be pushing top scores and I know that. But, I just want to know if a NB tank is as strong as a DK or a Warden.

Thanks!!!!!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, it’s fine. Lots of score guilds use NB tanks as the main tank.

This could change at any time though. Class passives are strong for raidwide buffs, so there are some classes that you want for every trial. NB’s one of them, so people stick it in the tank spot.

It’s makes more sense to put warden as the healer.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 31, 2019 2:56AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are NBs as strong as DK or Warden? No, not really. They can stack the most mitigation, which is why they are preferred as main tanks in a couple of places with hard hitting bosses (and because you can run 8 stamnecros with a NB tank but that's a score run thing). But the rest of their kit is not as effective.

Will you be able to find group for HM trials with a NB tank? Yes. Will it be easier to find groups with a DK/Warden? Definitely.

I would also like to point out that even as NB you will functionally be tanking as a DK. There is no major difference in the way you approach tanking as a role regardless of your class.

typo
    Edited by Royaji on December 31, 2019 3:00AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In end game trials , healers carry tanks , no matter what class you are .
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly all classes can tank well. It is a lot more on the player than the character, i feel more tanky on my nb than on my dk tbh. Might be cause dk wears alkosh+torug and nb wears ebon+yol though. Then again, my nb is a frost/resto troll build i have for dungeons, but he did survive vFV hm without a healer sooo
    Edited by zvavi on December 31, 2019 1:45PM
  • anticlergy
    Thank you all so much for the replies. I really appreciate it and I'm gonna stay a NB. :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anticlergy wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for the replies. I really appreciate it and I'm gonna stay a NB. :)

Good idea. Balance ebbs and flows and the game rewards alts as a way to help getting CPs (dailies on multiple characters) or resources (crafting dailies) faster. Play what you find fun, every character is useful.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 31, 2019 11:29PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten