The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reason for being in BGs often. The 50 week challenge.

Artmetis
Artmetis
✭✭✭
Some of you love seeing me in BGs, especially Land grab, some of you hated me! There was a reason for my continued play.

Well folks, i have completed my challenge of being in the top 50 ( Battle Ground Leader boards) for 50 weeks! Final tally, 2 3rd places, 8 2nd places, 40 1st places.
For those of you unaware of why I was doing this, here is the explanation. My brother Dio, who of us 4 kids, was like a twin to me, passed away unexpectedly at age 50. All us kids were separated for over 10 years with the exception of Dio and myself. He would call often, and many time @Natarzja would answer the phone. Many times i would be in the game, and either did not talk long, or could not cause i was doing something in game, though, many times we did chat. That being said, he would always harass me about "always being on the computer." I even have some messages saved, with him telling me off, that i was to busy on the computer to answer the phone. He was an amazing person and great keyboardist. We were in a band together, and even have a studio single, though the quality is bad as it was recorded from the studio DAT tape, to a cassette, then recorded on a cell phone, lol. I'll have to get the DAT unto a CD, but will link the bad copy so ya'll can hear it. I wrote that one and sang, he is on keys. We even lived together as adults for about 6 years, at different times. Currently all his things are still at my house (including about 5k+ records, not to mention Cds/DvDs/videos and cassettes) as i don't have the heart as yet to donate many, non music items. I figured in heaven, if he knew of this challenge, he would chuckle about me being on the comp again! :wink: This one is for you, Dio. I love you and miss you sooooo much :'(:( Folks, remember to always reach out to your loved ones, as you never know when you would not be able to anymore. R.I.P my beloved brother Dio.

Pics below.

Peace,
@Artmetis, GM WARmart Blade'n'Trade

https://imgur.com/a/g31TDON
Edited by Artmetis on December 30, 2019 11:48PM
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Really bad recording of one of our originals, but figured i would add it so ya hear Dio playing keys. Me singing too. Dio is on the left, i am in the middle in that band pix

Edited by Artmetis on December 31, 2019 12:26AM
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of sinking in the video game totally you should turn off your PC and spend more time with those relatives who are still alive. You know, they might need you more in these difficult times.
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, but, i was so consumed by the loss, i went extreme. It's hard to 'put on a happy face,' which is expected of you at those family gatherings. I have been trying hard, but this was my way to cope.
    Edited by Artmetis on December 31, 2019 4:34AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally wished there was a type of battlegrounds maybe that is a low skill version thats like an entry for people to pvp...i am not a pvper but might enter something low skill...but if i go into a battleground i will just get destroyed 20 times in 20 seconds thats just not gonna be interesting...
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Technically there is. The more wins you get, the higher MMR you get. Those with high MMR gets matched with others with high MMR at the onset... and after xyz wait time, if the match is not filled, it brings in someone a bit lower in MMR, then a bit lower if still not filled. Well, that's how it supposed to work in any case. Now, under 50 BGs, thats something diff!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry for your loss.

I look forward to shitting on you more in the future, but I regret that I won’t be able to fight your brother.

Good games my dude.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Art, this is a good way to work out your grief. No one should tell you how to grieve. I still, three and half years later miss my best friend. She was like a sister. Hugs. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Leah Ann
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was finishing the achievements and what not that I needed from BGs and ran into you a fair bit for a while. We even grouped up, friended and played a few times together.

I just thought you really really liked bgs lol. Anyways sorry for your lose. That really sucks and I hope you can continue on with as much peace as possible.
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your kind words. I DO like BGs a lot, lol, but this was a task i set myself to achieve. It got frustrating at times when there were HUGE queue times et al. All in all, it was a very healing experience, and took my mind away from my grief. Hope ya'll have a great 2020!

PS. Thogard, looking forward to kicking your bu... umm i mean playing against you soon! ;)
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, 5th last week, should i go for 1st this week just cause? anyone know how to link a SS into the post btw?