The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What 20m Scorch? Is the direction of Scorch balance compare to other aoe skills

• phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Once again the super friend have SPOKEN. If scorches are so much of a prayer to use then it's fair to say that the stam morph can de decrease in range if the goal is to land with10m drawnbreaker. 10m stam scorches is fair. Group of warden stam scorches is not fair. scorches not a projectile. It's a ground based aoe which mean it cant be dodge roll. So the hard to land scorches is in reality a 50% chance to land. Which means there is a guessing game if scorches is going to hit despite a roll dogde.

again, it is a delayed attack you can easily avoid if you pay attention to what are you doing. It falls in the same category than rune cage

Rune cage should be nerf too. O wait it was
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, a player who only plays sorcerer and still gets rekt. You can't have attro out all the time to hide behind it, can you?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Ah, a player who only plays sorcerer and still gets rekt. You can't have attro out all the time to hide behind it, can you?

Who use atro, overload is king
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scorch and Warden burst in general has to be strong because the class has less pressure than almost any other class in the game. Without the burst combo it would have no real killing potential. It has a massive visual tell that gives you a clear indicator when to move, block, or use a stun defensively. And if a bird - bow medium - Sub Assault is enough to kill you then your build is garbage.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, another Phoenix post that complains about random stuff..

You know you can easily evade Shalks, right? Visual que is easy to see. And it is also Blockable skill. Learn to play and Block and Dodge and LoS. Or you end up spending more time on complaining about things than you actually play the game.

Scorch is fine as it is.

Yes, several Wardens small scale can be painful. But same is several msorcs small scale team. Can make a cheesy team with any class 4 team if wants. 4 Magplars or Stamplars..

Still, i have a feeling ZOS will reduce the Major Protection uptime on Permafrost/NS some amount at next Chapter.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy new year! May the year be a year of buffs and not nerfs!

#MaGsOrC mAiN
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy new years eso
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually used Scorch, or are you just looking at the skill on paper and declaring that it breaks the "rules" of combat?

Do note that ZOS already did the pass on DKs, Sorcs, and Wardens, so the actual people in charge of making skills work the way they do aren't too worried about the range of Scorch.

Ok who decision was it to make the stam version cost 2k while magic version cost 2400. You can pull the zos card but the aoe damage breaks the rules of combat. Something has to give. There is no target damage rule for a target. The damage range is out of control. plus it breaks your armor to all targets?

It is standard for stam skills to cost less than magicka as part of the game design. A big part of the reasoning is that we also use stam to dodge roll and block.

The skill, as others have pointed out, is easily avoidable to those who pay attention since it has a 3 second delay. To those who are not noticing this skill in time to avoid it then I would suggest working on area awareness as that is key to survival in ESO. No need to change the skill.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    How to play stamden, bow+2h/dw

SA=sub assault

SA, cast netch, SA, cast ice fortress, SA, cast green lotus, SA, maybe the ulti shield, SA maybe vigor,SA, light attack fetcher light attack bird a cpl times into a barswap/roll dodge cancelled heavy/medium, hope for stun, SA, you missed all your subs/they know how to heal/your buffs fell off, start over.

Literally like 1/10 SA's actually hit.

If your whole group stood there as the warden had the *** blue *** under them after hitting wings and charging towards you, maybe move before they get to you, like literally sidestep them or...go thru em, or block, or shield up, heal, cc them, anything.

Op you are bad at eso

• phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason all of a sudden eso are stam and there is a reason most are stam warden. It's simple and easy to use and the melee range is easy mode. The burst is in favor of stam. Basically the combo is dogde roll a 7 meters upper to get smack by Scorch. Or see the Scorch coming move left, right or steak and still get smack by uppercut. The balance of melee is IS THE WORST ONE SIDED GAMEPLAY I HAVE EVER SEEN FOR STAM EVER PLAYING ANY GAME LET ALONE ESO.
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on January 1, 2020 10:57AM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro ur a sorc just streak away, or through them. IDR the last time i killed a magsorc who knew what they were doing while i was on stamden.

It's literally the easiest, most obvious, telegraphed burst in the game to avoid...which is why it hurts when potatoes potato and get potatoed
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wth is super friend?
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro ur a sorc just streak away, or through them. IDR the last time i killed a magsorc who knew what they were doing while i was on stamden.

It's literally the easiest, most obvious, telegraphed burst in the game to avoid...which is why it hurts when potatoes potato and get potatoed

A sorc can never out run a max speed build unless a sorc is a speed build. The advantage is stam. You have to dogde roll or block and magic is at a major disadvantage.
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on January 1, 2020 10:55AM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    False, i sprint faster than 95% of people on my magblade, can run at least from sej->arrius , which means i also have plenty of stam for roll dodging and blocking.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A sorc can never out run a max speed build unless a sorc is a speed build. The advantage is stam. You have to dogde roll or block and magic is at a major disadvantage.

Not at all. A mag sorc does not need to be built for speed. Gatdangmayne is absolute correct about how easy it is to streak away on a sorc and it requires nothing to buff speed. I laugh at those who try to chase my sorc.

Here I thought you played a sorc.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to violating our community rules around baiting. Please refer to our rules to understand what is expected from members of our community.
    Staff Post
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phoenixkungfu threads and CM comments name a better duo
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

streak isn't a gap opener?

What about boundless storm, doesn't give you major exp?

Do you really know how to sorc?

As a sorc you have plenty of counters to shalks... you block cast encase towards the stamden, forcing him to burn stam. You can use daedric tomb at the wardens feet to do strong unblockable dmg. You can block cast defensive rune and wait 3 secs...

there are a lot of great skills in the sorc arsenal... but I bet you don't use them...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I have found my sorcerer build for this patch and its be a tank. The damage from support classes is just to good. It's not my favorite gameplay to build my sorcerer to tie another build if I cant beat them. But this is the way
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I have found my sorcerer build for this patch and its be a tank. The damage from support classes is just to good. It's not my favorite gameplay to build my sorcerer to tie another build if I cant beat them. But this is the way

I'm glad that you were able to make something work, and your dedication to your sorc is admirable. Hopefully next patch treats you better so you'll be able to play the way you prefer.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad that you were able to make something work, and your dedication to your sorc is admirable. Hopefully next patch treats you better so you'll be able to play the way you prefer.

It be nice. Thank you
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only 'nerf' I would do to Scorch is having a simple telegraph that it fires 1s before to be in line with other ground AoEs (all other has red circle). It is as bursty as its easy to avoid when you actually see the cast in the shiny clusterfunk of effects pvp has.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    The only 'nerf' I would do to Scorch is having a simple telegraph that it fires 1s before to be in line with other ground AoEs (all other has red circle). It is as bursty as its easy to avoid when you actually see the cast in the shiny clusterfunk of effects pvp has.

Wow I like that change. Very good, I try to be reasonable. I like that change for the magic morph. The stam morph I dont agree with. In my opinion in general the range of melee is way to far.
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone just needs to teach this man how to block
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its crazy mainly at 4 warden premade. Bg where instakill area is near half of bg map.