The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fall Damage OP!

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
First of all Merry Christmas guys,

jokes apart, I don't know if this is the right section to post this, but I just had a battleground game and it made me think.

How exactly fall damage works in this game?

You know the battleground map with the teleport "platforms" to go up in the big area where the first Crazy King flag spawn?

I jumped down from it to escape a fight and I received 2k damage more or less checking my health bar, in the next 5 minutes I jumped again from the same height and I died, and in my death recap there was a 15k fall damage line.

Anyone can explain this?

I know sometimes when I play PvE if you "surf" a rock you can even jump from like 100 meters and take zero damage, but overall fall damage seems crazy glitchy and buggy.

Falling down from the same height sometimes is 2k, sometimes 15k sometimes 7k.

Are you guys experiencing this too?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no expert but based on trying to control fall damage in Cyrodiil:

To lessen damage, try to drop off close to a vertical surface.
    To increase damage, take a flying leap with as much speed that you have.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know knockbacks nearly doubles the amount of fall damage you take.

I have a thread discussing the whole thing with the same title.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504562/fall-damage-is-op/p1

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Did you know knockbacks nearly doubles the amount of fall damage you take.

I have a thread discussing the whole thing with the same title.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504562/fall-damage-is-op/p1

Exactly,

If you manage to dizzy (ohh wait) or clench someone down of an edge they actually receive mad damage, much more than if you follow them.

Besides that, I'm not sure if jumping down an edge actually increases damage. Though its kinda counter intuitive anyways...
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping rather than just "dropping" (or rolling) off also makes a difference as it effects the height from which you start your "fall"
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Watch your step." :lol:

(#bringbackfeatherfall)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO physics are wonky to say the least. I think one of the main factors in fall damage calculation is the speed you are moving at during the fall. And not just vertical speed of moving towards the ground (I have a suspicion everything in ESO actually falls at the exact same speed and vertical speed is not even calculated at all) but your speed in the horizontal plane as well.

So walking off a cliff slowly will lead to less damage than jumping off the same cliff while running with a speed buff on top.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumping rather than just "dropping" (or rolling) off also makes a difference as it effects the height from which you start your "fall"

I used the word jumping wrongly, I'm sorry my english is not my main language.
    What I did was exactly stepping down, dropping down, rolling down of an edge to an inferior floor of not that heighness.
    Of course I didn't make a jump because that's intuitive it makes the height even higher.
    But I did dropped down from the same surface and spot and the first time I took barely no damage, 2 or 3k, the second time instead 15k and died. And no skill knocked me down, it was me doing it.