The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug for Nightblade Ultimate generation with Minor Heroism Poisons

ShadowKyuubi
ShadowKyuubi
✭✭✭✭
Hello, I was testing a Master Architect Magicka Nightblade build and I noticed that I was getting very high ultimate generation when using Traumatic Poisons IX. At first I thought it was the extra ultimate generation from the minor heroism, however, I tried using Master Architect and Shalk's Exoskeleton. The Shalk's exoskeleton had less ultimate generation than the Minor Heroism Poisons, which doesn't make sense because when using the poisons the Minor Heroism isn't up all the. So after testing extensively, I noticed that the Nightblade Catalyst passive is proc'd when the poison (not a potion) with Minor Heroism is activated on a target. Therefore leading to massive ultimate generation. To put into perspective with only heroism in effect all the time, Nightblades generate ultimate at 4.25 ulti/sec. With this exploit and a Minor Heroism uptime of 27%, the ultimate generation was 4.90 ulti/sec. These numbers are according the add on, Combat Metrics. I also tested by strictly light attacking until the poisons proc'd and noticed the 20 ultimate gain from catalyst proc'ing also.

I tested with a lot of other poisons that provide buffs and debuffs to the player, to make sure it wasn't intended. Only poisons with Minor Heroism were able to proc Catalyst. Any combination of the Minor Heroism reagents: Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Bile, and Dragon Rheum caused this exploit to happen.

If you do read this, should I stop using these poisons on the this build, even though it is necessary for high major slayer uptimes? I don't want to get in trouble.

Cheers,
Shadow
P.S. It would be totally cool if poisons did also proc Catalyst...just saying...

Screenshot of a parse with Minor Heroism Poisons (27% uptime 4.90 ulti/sec)
MA-Magblade2.png

Screenshot with Minor Heroism Potions (So that I could control all the sets and prove it wasn't a change to Shalk's Ekoskelton, 86% uptime, 4.25 ulti/sec)
MA-Magblade-heroism-pots.png
Edited by ShadowKyuubi on December 23, 2019 7:45PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, people want to nerf Bloodspawn. :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be a nice addition to class identity for Catalyst to proc from certain poisons.

There is an opportunity cost (you dont get your front bar enchant), additional ultimate gain it only works with heroism poisons (thematically fits), and it has some sort of cooldown with the use of a potion.

Call it intended and "feature" it in your next class update notes.
    Edited by Zalathorm on December 23, 2019 5:00PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »
    It would be a nice addition to class identity for Catalyst to proc from certain poisons.

There is an opportunity cost (you dont get your front bar enchant), additional ultimate gain it only works with heroism poisons (thematically fits), and it has some sort of cooldown with the use of a potion.

Call it intended and "feature" it in your next class update notes.

Totally on board with this :open_mouth: