The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opinions on Power extraction NB skill

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I can't seem to find much info on power extraction for pvp.
Can someone tell me if they would use power extraction or not and why?
Pros vs cons
I'm making a heavy armour stamblade 2H/ sword and board.
I'm thinking about using power extraction on my SnB back bar.
No Grim focus because it sucks now without minor berserk.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Power extraction is usually used by Stamblades in pve for aoe. Just replace surprise attack as your spammable and with a normal rotation Stamblades have decent aoe damage.

I’ve never seen it used in pvp before. Could work in large scale, I don’t know, it would be similar to magblade specs, but I think magblades would do it better.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve used it on my nb when experimenting with dual wield and bow setups in pvp. It is useful in group play and in small scale. I like it when you hit the point in a fight where your opponent is down in health and trying to dodge or los you and you can’t land surprise attack easily. Whirling blades is probably a better choice however.

I hate that this is the only source of major brutality in the stamblade class kit. Requiring a hit to get the buff is a drag for a class that thrives on opening with burst. I wish we had buff a skill like crit surge. Or if brutality had been put on relentless when they nerfed minor berserk out of our kit.

You will not see many players use this in pvp.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    I’ve used it on my nb when experimenting with dual wield and bow setups in pvp. It is useful in group play and in small scale. I like it when you hit the point in a fight where your opponent is down in health and trying to dodge or los you and you can’t land surprise attack easily. Whirling blades is probably a better choice however.

I hate that this is the only source of major brutality in the stamblade class kit. Requiring a hit to get the buff is a drag for a class that thrives on opening with burst. I wish we had buff a skill like crit surge. Or if brutality had been put on relentless when they nerfed minor berserk out of our kit.

Hmmm well I'm not using dual wield. And i'm getting major brutality from using potions with clever alchemist. I guess I can figure out something better than power extraction.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm well I'm not using dual wield. And i'm getting major brutality from using potions with clever alchemist. I guess I can figure out something better than power extraction.
    For your 2h and SnB setup power extraction gives you brutality (which you should probably get from rally or forward momentum instead), some aoe damage, a physical damage nerf to enemies, and a bit of magic from the siphoning passives. If you need the aoe consider it although brawler is a good alternative in your setup that also gives you a damage shield. PE is a pretty niche skill and doesn’t get used very often.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For your 2h and SnB setup power extraction gives you brutality (which you should probably get from rally or forward momentum instead), some aoe damage, a physical damage nerf to enemies, and a bit of magic from the siphoning passives. If you need the aoe consider it although brawler is a good alternative in your setup that also gives you a damage shield. PE is a pretty niche skill and doesn’t get used very often.

Im using a potion for major brutality/savagery, to trigger my heavy clever alchemist armour. And phatasmal escape for snare removal/immunity and major evasion. I didnt want to use momentum because it takes up precious front bar space. I had considered Brawler... It depends on what is best on my limited front bar.
    Front bar --Surprise attack, executioner..... Maybe that vampire skill that stuns... Phatasmal escape or Shadowy disguise. Onslaught ultimate... One more slot for something... Havent decided.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit expensive so you can't really spam it and a terrible source of brutality in that you have to get in melee range for it. The debuff is good though. Really "meh" skill at best but if you need access to an aoe and don't have one it's decent. I found is best when used with onslaught, debuffs people after the very hard hitting ult and gets the 100% pen plus being undodgeable, also it creates a tether effect to show you where annoying cloaking nbs are going even after going invis so there's that.
    Edited by JinxxND on December 23, 2019 4:30AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trash tier in pvp. High cost, mediocre to low damage. Same goes for mag morph outside of bombing.
    Edited by Koensol on December 23, 2019 8:18AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never slot either morph on my NBs, waste of bar space