The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Has anyone tried a DOT build on Stamcro?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m leveling one for new life just to have it for the future. I’m not a huge fan of the class because most of the skills feel clunky and sustain feels poor even with serpent and recovery food. Regardless, I was looking at the Rapid Rot passive and was wondering if anyone tried a DoT build and if it was effective. I imagine it would have been good in scalebreaker but probably not so great now. I’m thinking of a Stamcro running Deadly Strike and maybe another 5 piece such as Azureblight or Blooddrinker/Savage Werewolf, with maybe a master bow or master dual wield backbar.

Feel free to discuss this topic as you’d like. Just want to hear others experiences with their Stamcro(s).
I’m asking this now because I just returned to the game at the end of the scalebreaker. I took a year break while I played other games and put off making a Necromancer because I heard how buggy they were.
Edited by Valykc on December 21, 2019 8:13PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not try it?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try with rapid strikes as a spammable and load up on dots with deadly strike
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dots are useless this patch if they buff them to a normal level then maybe but the resources you dedicate to dots such as sets like azureblight/bloodrinker/deadly strikes someone else is just gonna use something like New Moon and 2-3 shot you while you try to spam dots on them and out heal your dmg.

Outside using dots for debuffs such as fracture or a buff like sorcery, a heal/snare with rending/bloodcraze etc. they aren't worth slotting on your bar over direct damage or stuff that boost your direct damage like camo hunter or a cc.

You need high burst damage to kill anyone good this patch, that being said in non CP where proc sets are stronger you could slot a set like sheer venom and use a master bow and have the dot proc on the poison inject for additional pressure as you try to burst someone down and get some use of the necro dot passive in doing so
    Edited by JinxxND on December 22, 2019 2:32AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO
    Magcro dot build more effective. Cuz you can spam vampire drain. Just entropy, soultrap, destr reach and drain. Also good to cast blastbones befor stun. But seems all dot builds are not viable after last nerf.
    Edited by dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO on December 22, 2019 11:57AM
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Try new moon with master's dw and double dot poisons front bar. And main body viper.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it but dots were nerfed very hard so I guess zos doesnt want us to use them. I'm using dots on my NB right now but only because he can stealth and spec high damage.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on December 22, 2019 5:16PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dots realistically need around a 20-30% buff to be viable again. You'll noticed even the 15% boost to dot dmg right now with necro doesn't do anything significant to dots and is really bad outside of vamp drain on magcro. Also stuff like bleeds with master axes were gutted so even if they get a higher tooltip because they have some sort of weird scaling mechanism they opponent would need super high resistances to actually get the full tooltip damage making master dw trash now compared to slotting something like blackrose.

Just to elaborate on bleeds now and why they are garbage, realistically any good player isn't really stacking resistances outside of the nord racials, defending back bar and bloodspawn proc, but % mitigation modifiers such as major/minor protection (30%/8%) random skills like nb grim focus necro spirit mender (10%) swift set (10%) the new really good "potatoes" set (5%). Bleeds for whatever reason only do full damage as around 25k resistances which is heavy armor with armor buff up and then some. Most people are in medium/light for the damage which keeps them generally lower then 25k resistances and using some combo of the % dmg mitigation which lowers the already not dealing max dmg bleeds by a lot, that combined with high wep dmg/max mag makes it very easy to heal through and apply next to 0 pressure.

Carve the skill that used to give minor heroism but was taken away to increase the tooltip on the dot of the skill when the skill was reworked, got nerfed so not only does it have a lower tooltip then when the skill originally needed a buff cause the dot was already very poor it doesn't even have minor heroism buff attached making the skill even more useless outside a few niche things. Twin slashes both has terrible tooltips that require the super high resistances todo the total tooltip dmg.

The generally bad players who do stack resistances that are well over 25k and usually spamming vamp drain are in a zerg so the bleed is getting healed through by healers or purged. Thus zos ruined a perfectly good mechanic that was implemented well due to L2P complaints on top of removing all sources of defile among many other things and people wonder why we are having a tank meta.
    Edited by JinxxND on December 22, 2019 7:40PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Dots realistically need around a 20-30% buff to be viable again. You'll noticed even the 15% boost to dot dmg right now with necro doesn't do anything significant to dots and is really bad outside of vamp drain on magcro. Also stuff like bleeds with master axes were gutted so even if they get a higher tooltip because they have some sort of weird scaling mechanism they opponent would need super high resistances to actually get the full tooltip damage making master dw trash now compared to slotting something like blackrose.

Just to elaborate on bleeds now and why they are garbage, realistically any good player isn't really stacking resistances outside of the nord racials, defending back bar and bloodspawn proc, but % mitigation modifiers such as major/minor protection (30%/8%) random skills like nb grim focus necro spirit mender (10%) swift set (10%) the new really good "potatoes" set (5%). Bleeds for whatever reason only do full damage as around 25k resistances which is heavy armor with armor buff up and then some. Most people are in medium/light for the damage which keeps them generally lower then 25k resistances and using some combo of the % dmg mitigation which lowers the already not dealing max dmg bleeds by a lot, that combined with high wep dmg/max mag makes it very easy to heal through and apply next to 0 pressure.

Carve the skill that used to give minor heroism but was taken away to increase the tooltip on the dot of the skill when the skill was reworked, got nerfed so not only does it have a lower tooltip then when the skill originally needed a buff cause the dot was already very poor it doesn't even have minor heroism buff attached making the skill even more useless outside a few niche things. Twin slashes both has terrible tooltips that require the super high resistances todo the total tooltip dmg.

The generally bad players who do stack resistances that are well over 25k and usually spamming vamp drain are in a zerg so the bleed is getting healed through by healers or purged. Thus zos ruined a perfectly good mechanic that was implemented well due to L2P complaints on top of removing all sources of defile among many other things and people wonder why we are having a tank meta.

That was very helpful information @JinxxND ... I’ll scrap this idea for now and see what changes are made in the future
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, if you like the idea of killing someone through sustained pressure, DoTs are bad now, but you can achieve the same effect by applying major and minor defile on a and dealing continuous direct damage to them.

Stamcro already applies Major defile as a part of its regular rotation, so all you need is a source of minor defile and you can have something close enough to a dot build.