Maintenance for the week of March 25:
β€’ [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maormer Fish Scales

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Death to all Maormer

So ew no, I am not gonna use their bleh sea elf skins
    Edited by Cirantille on December 13, 2019 2:40AM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Rime works well to hide vampirism and still allows makeup and such to show through...makes you very pale as well.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Rime works well to hide vampirism and still allows makeup and such to show through...makes you very pale as well.

That doesn't work well on dark skin tones though. It makes you look really bad if you're a dark cat or lizard, dark elf or darker Redguard.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine putting items up for sale outright instead of requiring gambling for them to completely eschew showing their actual cost.

It's honestly not that bad. The only thing that sucks is trying to get apex mounts and radiants. But you can just accumulate for those as crates regularly return.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I... am so happy... worth every dollaridoo
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine putting items up for sale outright instead of requiring gambling for them to completely eschew showing their actual cost.

Cry to someone else. It’s 100 gems.

I AM SO GLAD IT IS AT LEAST AVAILABLE!

100 gems is basically 4,000 Crowns if you’re lucky, so you’re spending the equivalent of nearly $40 on one skin.

Blood-Forged is 1,200 Crowns. Do you see the issue now?

No way it's that much. I had nearly 400 gems just from daily reward crates (I even missed a few days). That's without any Twitch crates. I haven't spent an actual dime on crates.

You can even buy them with gold now if you're completely dry. Obviously selling it outright would have been better, but this is still very accessible.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 13, 2019 8:40AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but you still have fish scales on you. unless its not that noticeable?

They're very noticeable, but they look pretty cool.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

100 gems is basically 4,000 Crowns if you’re lucky, so you’re spending the equivalent of nearly $40 on one skin.

That's absolutely false, and non-sense from a math perspective. It also depends, how many crates you buy, with how many crowns you saved up from a crown sale....

I spend 3.5mil gold (yeah ingame currency) to get 50 crates total monthly and I get easily up to 800-1000 gems. There has only been one single month where i've gotten way less and that was 600. Also, if i went ahead and decided to buy another 50. I would likely make near double of those gems, as I would own every single collectible from the crown crates at that point, allowing the gem gain to skyrocket.

Also, 4000 crowns is NOT $40. There are discounts you know? You only get 100 crowns for 1 dollar if you buy the basic pack of 1500. I buy 21000 and get 175 crowns for 1 dollar. That's almost double. Buy it on sale and you get almost TRIPLE.

Hence the average price per crown gem is way way way WAY less.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 13, 2019 8:42AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

That's absolutely false, and non-sense from a math perspective. It also depends, how many crates you buy, with how many crowns you saved up from a crown sale....

I spend 3.5mil gold (yeah ingame currency) to get 50 crates total monthly and I get easily up to 800-1000 gems. There has only been one single month where i've gotten way less and that was 600. Also, if i went ahead and decided to buy another 50. I would likely make near double of those gems, as I would own every single collectible from the crown crates at that point, allowing the gem gain to skyrocket.

Also, 4000 crowns is NOT $40. There are discounts you know? You only get 100 crowns for 1 dollar if you buy the basic pack of 1500. I buy 21000 and get 175 crowns for 1 dollar. That's almost double. Buy it on sale and you get almost TRIPLE.

Depends where you are I guess, $53 here gets me the 5500 pack
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... Are we talking USD?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

No, I’m in Australia, so the packs start at:
    - 750 crowns $10.45
    - 1500 crowns $19.45
    - 3000 crowns $31.95
    - 5500 crowns $52.95
    - 14000 crowns $135.95
    - 21000 crowns $195.95
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- 750 crowns $10.45
    - 1500 crowns $19.45
    - 3000 crowns $31.95
    - 5500 crowns $52.95
    - 14000 crowns $135.95
    - 21000 crowns $195.95

Well then that's different. It's because of conversion to USD. Basically you are paying more or less the same price, just different units.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

- 750 crowns $10.45
    - 1500 crowns $19.45
    - 3000 crowns $31.95
    - 5500 crowns $52.95
    - 14000 crowns $135.95
    - 21000 crowns $195.95

Well then that's different. It's because of conversion to USD. Basically you are paying more or less the same price, just different units.

Agreed, but looking at it purely for wording, 4000 crowns here IS approximately $40 give or take a few
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Finally I can make a Maormer mage and my girlfriend will play her vampire cause she can hide the, as she calls it, hideous skin. Thank you, ZOS!

15 crates - 1 apex drop (red skin), and just 1 bonus card from the cat. Gee thanks! lol.

Instead of gambling, sorry "surprise mechanics", why cant Zos just put these apex items in the crown store so I can decide what pixels I want to spend my money on.

Edited because Zos dont like a colloquial name for cat ;)

pps, I hope everyone realises that when purchasing crowns, it is the 5500 crowns that is best value for money, any of the other options and you are being ripped off, in comparison. Do the maths. (this is the case in the UK).

ppps, 5000 crowns for 15 crates is disgracefully expensive. If ZOS lowered this, I imagine more folk would purchase and they may actually make more money.
    Edited by Grianasteri on December 13, 2019 11:04AM
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    07TpZvE.png21RVbPd.png

My baby nightblade vampire cat with lvl 1 vampirism and maormer fish scales.

The scales definitely do an adequate job though at this point I think we could just...hide vampirism....
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    MusabbV4JDE.jpg
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope one of these patches they up the Vampire card. "Hiding' it just seems really skeezy. You want the positives but do not want to take the other side of things. And yet you want to run around calling yourselves Vampires.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this skin!!!
    The fish scales are gorgeous <3<3<3https://i.imgur.com/b8u9ptj.jpg

Beautyful character! Love it!