The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long are they going to pretend Undaunted event doesnt exist?

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the confusion and frustration lies in the fact that New Life approaches rapidly.

Therefore the only short window to re-run this event would have to have it start probably tomorrow, Thursday.

So at this stage travellers have no idea if there might or might not be an event this weekend.

This makes it very hard to plan things if you have a guild etc.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This is what I wanted to say, but much more articulate and reasonable.

Thanks!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    RIP Opal style pages that more people complained about than enjoyed.

The Opal page I managed to bag while the event was up netted me a tidy little profit. I do hope to see them again though because I actually liked the look of it.

I ate my page the instant I got it, then I hopped (err, crawled) out of the dungeon to turn in my tickets for a feather. Unfortunately, the Impresario ate my tickets but the feather never arrived in my fragment collection. They must have disabled the Impresario the minute I turned in my stuff.

Well, I'm glad the style remained. I hope the event makes a return because I really liked the opal style pages!
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • okiav
    okiav
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

We would like to remind everyone that there was a post made in regards to the Undaunted Event, which can be found here.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding,
    -Greg-

I am sorry but I feel a certain impatience and also I don't understand.
    If I am not mistaken the last post on that thread is 3 weeks old now?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    Greetings all,

We would like to remind everyone that there was a post made in regards to the Undaunted Event, which can be found here.

-Greg-

And it said they would update people when there was more information.

There is clearly no more information. When there is they will post it.

Personally I though the whole thing was dead as soon as PC EU collapsed. There is no way ZOS would be foolish enough to rerun the event if they were not 100% certain the group finder was going to work. I don’t think they have that certainty, so they won’t rerun the event.

I imagine they will post something when it is abundantly clear that the event will not go ahead. Until then I imagine they are working hard (or at least pretending to) to try and run it.

I expect all the bulls**g*g ugly items that everyone is clamouring for to be widely available during New Life and that by the end of that festival everyone will be weighed down with Opal motifs and heartily sick of the things. That would certainly be the smart move in the short term.

Medium term, ZOS really need to pull their fingers out and programme an activity finder that is at least vaguely functional and whose use doesn’t kill PC EU. Because without it large portions of the group play in this game are rendered useless and that is the real problem here.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

3 weeks old and you haven't seen a notification about a hotfix for the Q&A tested Groupfinder fixes, yeah?

That's Step 1: pass Q&A and hotfix to Live servers.
    Step 2: see if the fixes are stable on the Live Servers
    Step 3: If stable, figure out Undaunted timing. If not stable, presumably back to Q&A.

They already told you that in the pinned post.

So if you want an update on the timing of the undaunted, watch that thread for the hotfix notification and cross your fingers that the fixes are stable on the Live Servers (currently, Groupfinder is having some queueing bugs in PVE). That has to happen first before ZOS can even consider setting the timing of the Undaunted Event.

I realize that's not the answer you want, but its the answer ZOS gave you, which you can presume hasn't changed because Gina specifically said "If anything changes, we'll be sure to let everyone know. We’ll post in this thread once we have more information on when the hotfix for the Activity Finder fixes will be going live."
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just hope they dont make the event on uni finals.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well group finder works relatively OK as of the last week of November - it was completely broken after the fizzled Undaunted event - but there's absolutely no guarantee it will work in high load, when a lot more players will try to queue for certain activities such as dungeons or BGs. At least for dungeons you can make a team from zone/guild chat then port manually to a dungeon, but for BGs you're completely dependent on the group finder tool since you can't make matches manually. So Undaunted event is still more likely than Mayhem. Mayhem's surely not gonna happen any time soon.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cancelled just get over it.

You can still run dungeons without having an event ticket for an ugly mount which you will never use
    Edited by rumple9 on December 11, 2019 3:58PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it happening this weekend or not?

We're are still waiting for the update regarding the tool finder. No fixed tool finder, no event dungeon.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this year, see announcement. But 5 even tickets/day for the New Life festival is something at least.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this year, see announcement. But 5 even tickets/day for the New Life festival is something at least.

ah... I have more than enough tickets, just would like some opal weapon styles also for my new toon on NA.

Even stopped getting tickets the last 4 days of the dragons event, as there was nothing more I could buy for them...
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooph.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah... I have more than enough tickets, just would like some opal weapon styles also for my new toon on NA.

Even stopped getting tickets the last 4 days of the dragons event, as there was nothing more I could buy for them...

There's every style available for purchase on the trade posts
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    Is it happening this weekend or not?

Give it a year, maybe then, the game will probably be in a more stable state. Don't hold your breath though.

it wont. its a second canceled event. the first one was midyear mayhem
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    Hi all, just for visibility, Gina has provided an update today, to this pinned thread.
    Staff Post
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

So it's basically Dremora Skull Plunder farming galore all over again, but with tickets instead of pages :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why they just dont add the world bosses, public dungeons etc.. to remove some load from group finder? They are also big monsters perfectly fit for undaunted event.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Nith wrote: »
    Hi all, just for visibility, Gina has provided an update today, to this pinned thread.

Thank you for the update @ZOS_Nith.

The server performance did improve some, and this is a nice gesture from ZOS. I thought it through and I decided to renew my ESO+ membership.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    Why they just dont add the world bosses, public dungeons etc.. to remove some load from group finder? They are also big monsters perfectly fit for undaunted event.

Agreed.

forever stuck in combat
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people will complain 24/7, nothing new to see here.
    Edited by dcam86b14_ESO on December 11, 2019 4:24PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tinythinker on December 11, 2019 4:31PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I appreciate the opportunity to get 5 tickets/day during New Life, I'm not going to need that many unless they have some unique items up for sale at the Impresario. Sure, she'll probably have all the Skald pages for sale, but I'll be earning those through the event quests and buying what I don't get from guild traders. I had already figured that I'd have 8 tickets left over after buying the remaining berry and 2 feathers and the pet, if the Undaunted Event had happened and we got 12 tickets.

This is slight overkill if there isn't anything else to purchase with the potential 45 or so extra tickets. But, I guess that means that I can skip either the New Life quests or killing a boss towards the end if I have all the stuff from the event. It does allow for some flexibility. Or, I could even just stop doing the event early and just buy some pages from the Impresario.

And, it certainly adds more flexibility for players who won't be able to play every day during the event. But, I'm also hopeful there might be some other items for sale at the Impresario. If I had known we'd be flooded with tickets during the final event, I would probably have spent some on the Imperial furniture during the IC anniversary event.

Ah well, I do think that it was probably for the best that they postponed the Undaunted Event, and they've certainly been generous with event tickets to make up for it.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 11, 2019 4:38PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's disappointing. I had hoped that having the requirement to bring back the Undaunted event in 2019 would give them an incentive to actually get on and fix the group finder, now that's gone it's probably back to sitting in a queue of things which maybe will be looked at sometime in the future if it really gets to be a problem...in other words unlikely to actually get fixed.

But this is also no help at all for people who were counting on the Undaunted festival to get event tickets because (crazy as it might seem to ZOS) they are travelling in late December and can't log into the game.

This change means I'm going to end the event 2 tickets short of what I needed and won't be able to complete the set of indriks. No it's not a big deal, but it is disappointing, especially when it's so close to the end and completely out of my hands. (And no I'm not going to reward ZOS for failing to fix their system and meet their own schedule by paying for tickets.)

At the moment I'm feeling like I was definitely far better off when I simply ignored their events and stuck to doing my own thing and I think that's the approach I'm going to go back to in future.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Well, that's disappointing. I had hoped that having the requirement to bring back the Undaunted event in 2019 would give them an incentive to actually get on and fix the group finder, now that's gone it's probably back to sitting in a queue of things which maybe will be looked at sometime in the future if it really gets to be a problem...in other words unlikely to actually get fixed.

But this is also no help at all for people who were counting on the Undaunted festival to get event tickets because (crazy as it might seem to ZOS) they are travelling in late December and can't log into the game.

This change means I'm going to end the event 2 tickets short of what I needed and won't be able to complete the set of indriks. No it's not a big deal, but it is disappointing, especially when it's so close to the end and completely out of my hands. (And no I'm not going to reward ZOS for failing to fix their system and meet their own schedule by paying for tickets.)

At the moment I'm feeling like I was definitely far better off when I simply ignored their events and stuck to doing my own thing and I think that's the approach I'm going to go back to in future.

I'm sorry you're going to come up just 2 tickets short. Does the extra 3 tickets/day from killing a boss not help? Boo! Maybe you can purchase them with gold? Though I've never bought crown items with gold, myself, since it's not secure, but maybe if you have/find a trusted seller?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you can always stack feathers for the next Indrik(s) if there are too many tickets in this event. For example I have a Nascent one ready, and I will morph it to the Snow one in the first day since I already have 9/12 tickets. The next 10 will be spent on the companion pet, and the ones after that on feathers (I already have the first one) to make the nascent Indrik for the Spectral one.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning to all thinking of renewing their cancelled ESO+ membership:

In case you had cancelled your ESO+ in the past, you still have some days of it left, and you decided to renew like me, be careful.

I had been charged for 12 months (365 days) of ESO+ on 29th December 2018 (everything went fine back then). I still had 17 days remaining as of today, 11th December 2019. I decided to renew the membership today.

I chose the 12 months (365 days) option again, and authorized the payment a while ago, expecting to be charged on 29th December 2019, as proper. Instead, my Account shows 364 days remaining and my Crowns balance was credited with the 12 months worth od Crowns.

I sent a support ticket immediately and I hope it gets resolved soon.
    Edited by Watchdog on December 11, 2019 6:06PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »

I'm sorry you're going to come up just 2 tickets short. Does the extra 3 tickets/day from killing a boss not help? Boo! Maybe you can purchase them with gold? Though I've never bought crown items with gold, myself, since it's not secure, but maybe if you have/find a trusted seller?

Nope. I've got 8 tickets currently, need 1 berry and 1 feather (for a last nascent indrik) and I'll only be able to log in for the first two days. So I can get 2 tickets from the New Life quest, buy a berry and make the pure-snow indrik, kill a boss to get the other 3 tickets, then do the New Life quest and kill a boss the next day which will bring me back up to 8 tickets. Then I have no way to get the last 2 to buy the final feather.

I've known this was going to happen for ages (it's how my Christmas goes, I'm always away) and had thought I'd planned for it to make sure I'd still be able to get all the tickets I needed (even allowing for the fact that I'm often away at other times too so I've missed lots of other tickets through the year), but that plan relied on the events actually happening. Cancelling an entire event so close to the end when there's no opportunity to catch up later leaves me with no options.

Buying crowns with gold isn't a solution because that still means ZOS are getting the money for the tickets. I have the money (and the crowns for that matter), I could buy the tickets myself but I refuse to pay them for messing up their own event and missing a large chunk of the time when tickets were supposed to be available, which is what put me in this position. I'd rather miss out on the final nascent indrik than reward them for this mess by giving them money, my own or anyone else's.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

This is slight overkill if there isn't anything else to purchase with the potential 45 or so extra tickets. But, I guess that means that I can skip either the New Life quests or killing a boss towards the end if I have all the stuff from the event. It does allow for some flexibility. Or, I could even just stop doing the event early and just buy some pages from the Impresario.

You’ll still need another 40 tickets to get a base Indrik to add to your collection of four evolved Indriks. And another 80 tickets for the Spectral Indrik next year.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Warning to all thinking of renewing their cancelled ESO+ membership:

In case you had cancelled your ESO+ in the past, you still have some days of it left, and you decided to renew like me, be careful.

I had been charged for 12 months (365 days) of ESO+ on 29th December 2018 (everything went fine back then). I still had 17 days remaining as of today, 11th December 2019. I decide to renew the membership today.

I chose the 12 months (365 days) option again, and authorized the payment a while ago, expecting to be charged on 29th December 2019, as proper. Instead, my Account shows 364 days remaining and my Crowns balance was credited with the 12 months worth od Crowns.

I sent a support ticket immediately and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Hey @Watchdog sorry to hear about this, that does seem rather confusing. Do you have your support ticket number?
    Edited by ZOS_Nith on December 11, 2019 5:17PM
    Staff Post
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people will complain 24/7, nothing new to see here.

zos promises improvements every year but there are no results except new bugs after every patch