The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Haven’t been able to play since the big patch. XB1NA

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
Not really anyways. Every day it’s the same.

I log in, grab my free daily stuff, sort my crap, head out and marvel at the beauty of the game, realize how much I’ve missed playing, resolve to spend more time playing.

Oh look a dragon.....

Why is nobody moving??

Every. Single. Day.

I had hoped it would end with the event. It didn’t.

I use to be able to play dragonhold just fine. I’m not sure what changed. I’m not sure when I plan to try again.
Edited by BejaProphet on December 10, 2019 5:16PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry you've encountered crashes while playing. What XB One do you play on? I play on an XB One X with an SSD and have virtually no crashes - like maybe once a week, if that. The only recent crash I've experienced was this past Sunday while farming dragons in late afternoon Central Time. There were dozens of players at each dragon fight, and the framerate would plummet and the sound would cut out, but then once the dragon was killed, things returned to normal. Only once did the game crash, when I was trying to loot the dragon, and this was after an hour of dragon hunting with dozens of other players.

The framerate also got a bit choppy while sprinting from wayshrine to dragon to wayshrine, etc., as there were dozens of us racing around. This was in Southern Elsweyr, where it's much easier to farm dragons.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    Not really anyways. Every day it’s the same.

I log in, grab my free daily stuff, sort my crap, head out and marvel at the beauty of the game, realize how much I’ve missed playing, resolve to spend more time playing.

Oh look a dragon.....

Why is nobody moving??

Every. Single. Day.

I had hoped it would end with the event. It didn’t.

I use to be able to play dragonhold just fine. I’m not sure what changed. I’m not sure when I plan to try again.

I too have had issues with crashing since Dragonhold's release. I have the xbox slim and am positive that is the issue. A lovely customer service rep suggested that when I am experiencing these non stop crashes and inability to get to the character select screen, I should go in offline mode then back to online. Once I get to the server select screen switch from NA to EU, then back to NA. That seems to fix it for me. I went from 1-2 crashes an hour to 1 crash rarely. I try to avoid wayshrining to busy cities and just wayshrine to the closest one to the city and ride the rest of the way there. Overall a system upgrade might be in order.
    GT: agingerlady
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have xbox 1x. So that isn’t the problem.

Btw, doesn’t the game look insane on it?
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my setup, I'm running an xbox one x with a 4TB SSD "so I uninstalled the game from the xbox" I'm also running fiber 1gig download speeds and 1gig upload speeds and I DO NOT!! run anything in the background no music, no wifi, YouTube no nothing when playing ESO on console I only play ESO nothing more but honestly running the game off a SSD has improved my load screens and having amazing internet and being close to the main server has improved my lag on console. I also play on PC and its night and day different on PC than it is on console especially since the game was made for PC and not console.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always good to do some basic troubleshooting if things go on the fritz. Honestly, I've never had significant performance issues that weren't resolved by doing these things (aka, process of elimination to identify the problem):

Step 1 - Check My Internet. I don't live in a great place when it comes to internet utilities, so I do not have access to the types of connections that can allow multitasking on a line. I learned this by attempting to play online games like ESO while having something background downloading on my computer. It was bad. Many internet-connected devices download things without your consent in the background, but these can be disabled. I make sure to keep them all disabled and have nothing downloading while I am doing online gaming. If this doesn't seem to be the problem, then in may be I need to burp my router and modem. All that involves is turning them off, waiting a minute or two, then turning it back on.

Step 2 - Check My Xbox. Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again? IT jokes aside, this is always something I do when troubleshooting. Restart your console. Also clear the cache if what's going on is particularly bad. I may also check to see if the Xbox Live Service is having any issues because sometimes that can be the culprit. Those I can only wait out as there's nothing I can do on my end to fix those.

That's usually all I never need to do. Step 1 plus Step 2 has resolved the vast majority of issues I've had playing any online game on my xbox. If it doesn't, then less than once a year I get to the next steps...

Step 3 - Delete Game Save/Reserve Data. When I had problems with ESO recognizing I had an ESO+ subscription, I had to do this to fix it. It won't delete your characters or anything like that, but it deletes the stored data of your hard drive so you grab a fresh copy from the servers. This can clear up issues sometimes, and might help with yours.

Step 4 - Delete and Reinstall the Game. I haven't ever had to do this for a game, but it would be the last step I'd use in troubleshooting something on my own. Since we are going to be forced to do this within the next few months for ESO, I would hold off on this until then. ESO is not a small game and if you are like me, you have limited download amounts every month. If Step 4 doesn't work, that's when I will ring tech support.

But there is one more thing to keep in mind with a game like ESO:

Step 0 - Remember This is an Online Game! If I am playing an online game during a peak load time, I need to be realistic with my expectations. Not just with respect to the load on the game I'm playing, but with the load on the internet where I live. I live in a fairly affluent neighborhood with mediocre ISP options. I'm well aware that when people get home from work, the internet gets taxed and it adversely impacts everyone on that network. I'm also well aware that when there are more players in the same area in an online game, it adversely effects everyone too. Same principle. I don't expect buttery smooth everything during peak load times. I just don't. I expect it to be playable, and the vast majority of the time it is.