The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rework ES:L and put it in ESO as a mini game?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
^Would really love it if we can play Gwent card game in ESO

Rework the scenes of elder scrolls lengend and only use lore characters of alliance war &prior time, and make them a mini game inside of ESO

Players are happy since there are finally more things to do in ESO than combat after finishing quests, Bethsda is happy since the huge effort put into ESL is not going to waste, ZOS is happy since they can sell card kegs in ESO and monitize the game a bit more
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

Rework the scenes of elder scrolls lengend and only use lore characters of alliance war &prior time, and make them a mini game inside of ESO

Players are happy since there are finally more things to do in ESO than combat after finishing quests, Bethsda is happy since the huge effort put into ESL is not going to waste, ZOS is happy since they can sell card kegs in ESO and monitize the game a bit more

This would be so badass! I would totally support that!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m good with that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :expressionless:
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea, since the houses like Taverns are instances anyway, they could put in every tavern a desk with npc's sitting at the desk, and the desk would serve a purpose like portal.

So basically you enter the Tavern, talk to an NPC who will ask you would you like to join a game of cards, if you confirm the little matchmaking finder kicks in.

That would be advanced immersive solution.

The simpleton solution would be the copy/pasta of the standard matchmaking where you queue same as in dungeon finder.

Also, both would crash the server eventually, but hey, we got used to it. :#

Edit:
    That could also bring some of the current card players to Eso cos they could mingle in 3d world taverns, instead of just queueing in match finder.

Meh. That's to complicated. I would get fired as member of creative team first day. :#
    Edited by RefLiberty on December 10, 2019 6:19AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question is would it make enough of money for ZoS. Because implementing that into the game would be more complicated then just copy paste the code plus as we all know lot of things would go wrong and dealing with that costs time and money. I dont think ESO is ready to add big mini games into it. Also I think it wouldnt be that popular in ESO since there would be too much distractions.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 10, 2019 6:33AM
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Question is would it make enough of money for ZoS. Because implementing that into the game would be more complicated then just copy paste the code plus as we all know lot of things would go wrong and dealing with that costs time and money. I dont think ESO is ready to add big mini games into it. Also I think it wouldnt be that popular in ESO since there would be too much distractions.

I gotta say as someone who finished all the quests there are and not very interested in endgame pvp or pve vet content (still do them from time to time, but not something I care to grind for), I welcome all sorts of distractions.

hell I probably would enjoy the social aspect it brings into the game a lot even if ZOS just put poker into the game
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to open a chest you have to win a mini-game of ES:L.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on December 10, 2019 7:28AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta say as someone who finished all the quests there are and not very interested in endgame pvp or pve vet content (still do them from time to time, but not something I care to grind for), I welcome all sorts of distractions.

hell I probably would enjoy the social aspect it brings into the game a lot even if ZOS just put poker into the game

Problem is it's not about You. ESO is not being made just for 1 player. You may love the idea of more mini games as much as You want but ZoS wont implement them if costs and difficulty of implementation wont be worth it.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 10, 2019 7:29AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda still has a licensing agreement with Sparkypants to keep the game operational so there's absolutely no need to burden ZOS with managing another active studio's assets.

But to keep this ESO relevant, I hope this is the transparency ZOS has when they stop actively developing new content. I'd rather know than not know, and I'll still play ESO until the servers are cut off. I'll just find new ways to enjoy old content. Same should go for those who enjoy Legends.
    signing off
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Agree
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Cool idea, since the houses like Taverns are instances anyway, they could put in every tavern a desk with npc's sitting at the desk, and the desk would serve a purpose like portal.

So basically you enter the Tavern, talk to an NPC who will ask you would you like to join a game of cards, if you confirm the little matchmaking finder kicks in.

The simpleton solution would be the copy/pasta of the standard matchmaking where you queue same as in dungeon finder.

Edit:
    That could also bring some of the current card players to Eso cos they could mingle in 3d world taverns, instead of just queueing in match finder.

Meh. That's to complicated. I would get fired as member of creative team first day. :#

You know what this heavily reminds me of? In the old days now, when Might and Magic was still around, you had Arcomage in every tavern, and it was tied to a quest that would eventually lead you to great treasure and rewards, if you managed to beat every single innkeeper.

It was actualy such a great experience, I probably have been missing it in every RPG from that day. Ever since I played those games I hoped that there would once be an MMO where they would have a similar set of minigames with an epic quest tied to it. In ESO it could even be repeatable every new season and give you extra motivation. And of course, you'd have PvP too :)

Not to mention that with this whole idea, the immersion and feeling would be absolutely phenomenal. And you could possibly even earn a title! (+ more achievements)

Surely, there must be somebody here who also remembers.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 10, 2019 9:05AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Bethesda still has a licensing agreement with Sparkypants to keep the game operational so there's absolutely no need to burden ZOS with managing another active studio's assets.

But to keep this ESO relevant, I hope this is the transparency ZOS has when they stop actively developing new content. I'd rather know than not know, and I'll still play ESO until the servers are cut off. I'll just find new ways to enjoy old content. Same should go for those who enjoy Legends.

I hope that when such day comes, the servers will at least remain online, without any active development and updates.

OR somebody decides to run a private server somehow, where we could keep our characters "alive".
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because I don't that genre at all I'd rather see ESO performance and bugs fixed before adding more bloat and database accesses to game.

Edit: Of course if sufficiently large population of ESO players do want to play that and are willing to spend crowns on it, be my guest. But please do not break ESO for it. And please keep it totally optional without pushing it to people who want to play a MMO instead.
    Edited by rpa on December 10, 2019 9:32AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lack of mini games, is a huge missed opportunity for Zos. Many other franchises have mini games of one kind or another, I think ESO would be perfect for this.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The lack of mini games, is a huge missed opportunity for Zos. Many other franchises have mini games of one kind or another, I think ESO would be perfect for this.

Aren’t the mini games for ESO called things like Skyrim?
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense, good idea!
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never considered playing Legends, but if it was in ESO like that I’d give it a go.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ngl that would be incredible
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Problem is it's not about You. ESO is not being made just for 1 player. You may love the idea of more mini games as much as You want but ZoS wont implement them if costs and difficulty of implementation wont be worth it.

you are assuming I am the only ESO player facing such situation? how laughable, I am one of the many old players that finished contents and find nothing to do in this game

Also if you are someone who think things you don't like is a "distraction", then yeah hate to break it to you, you are the one need to be reminded "this is not about you"
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with this thread, I said pretty much the exact same thing the other day and they locked the thread, trying to use the excuse that it was about a different game even though it really wasn't.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504563/elder-scrolls-legends-death
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be very cool

ZOS could even sell a furnishing item so guilds could have ‘card night’ at a guildhall or something !
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you let me carry over my data from ES: L I’ll support it. Don’t want to regrind everything. :D
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow is all I can say.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on December 10, 2019 3:02PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EQ1 did this with their old card game. You got packs from rare drops, and could duel anyone anywhere.

I liked it back in EQ1, and the packs were sellable so those that didn't like the game could simply sell it to those who liked it. So its a good idea.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thank you.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are assuming I am the only ESO player facing such situation? how laughable, I am one of the many old players that finished contents and find nothing to do in this game

Also if you are someone who think things you don't like is a "distraction", then yeah hate to break it to you, you are the one need to be reminded "this is not about you"

No I am not assuming that. I am pointing out that presenting Your personal opinion towards the subject is not the best idea when that opinion is based on the fact You have very strict set of rules and acomplishments that drove You into Your conclusion. I assume the percentage of people that completed all quests but are not interested in PvE or PvP game end is not significant enough to make it an argument for adding mini card game into the ESO. I also assume there is lot of people that would like that feature to be added but the thing is it would have to be really significant number to make it worth for ZoS to go through all the trouble that adding it would cause.

As for the use of word "distractions" I used it in the context that if there is piece of content called X then pieces of content called Y , Z etc will be distractions from content X.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post in the top 6 and all the other 5 got ZOS staff comments but not this :/
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed Legends on my phone a while ago, played it for a bit, found it was total crap and uninstalled it again.
    So it's a no from me.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Speak for yourself! =D If I had legends in game I would be spending A LOT more time in taverns.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    RefLiberty wrote: »

Edit:

You know what this heavily reminds me of? In the old days now, when Might and Magic was still around, you had Arcomage in every tavern, and it was tied to a quest that would eventually lead you to great treasure and rewards, if you managed to beat every single innkeeper.

It was actualy such a great experience, I probably have been missing it in every RPG from that day. Ever since I played those games I hoped that there would once be an MMO where they would have a similar set of minigames with an epic quest tied to it. In ESO it could even be repeatable every new season and give you extra motivation. And of course, you'd have PvP too :)

Not to mention that with this whole idea, the immersion and feeling would be absolutely phenomenal. And you could possibly even earn a title! (+ more achievements)

Surely, there must be somebody here who also remembers.

Yup. *raises hand* It was AWESOME.