Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The event tickets are turning bad

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
They claim that the event tickets are in crown store just to give people options, it was somewhat healthy since you can take 20+ tickets per event and with those 10 for one berry and 10 for another feather for the next indrik, the rest of the event reward can be earned with event drops, with optional way to obtain those with tickets

However in the most recent event we have:
1. 2 event rewards that don't drop from drops, can only be obtained with 10 tickets
2. 2 berries to collect, because last event got shut down while people getting only 0-6 tickets
3. have roughly 20+ tickets to obtain like previous events

There was no way to get enough tickets to get both berries and styles without spending crowns, also you won't have enough tickets to get feathers preparing for the next indrik

Is ZOS turning event tickets to cash grab?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except you forgot that the Undaunted Event is coming back at some point, @Lyserus.

Just because there hasn’t been any recent ZOS updates in the stickied thread, doesn’t mean they aren’t working on a solution.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s good to have options and there are plenty of people who aren’t interested in (more) Indriks so it’s cool that they have unique items to collect for too. During the Orsinium event I believe the furnishings available were items that were relatively inexpensive and craftable and so I don’t think anyone was happy about that.

So you have different options for your rewards but can’t have everything unless you want to pay real money for it. I don’t see anything wrong with that. As for me, I hardly looked at the other rewards because I’d already decided that I want the Snow Indrik.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I got both my berries, I already have 4 feathers for the next Indrik, and I had to buy the two style pages because I was running out of room.

And with the tickets from this morning I am at 8, so 2 more tickets for the snow Indrik.

And I'm never going to buy a ticket from the store. I don't buy consumables.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don’t have to get everything. ;)

And there is enough event tickets. Have all 3 berries, now have 4 feathers (but could easily have bought the head & shoulders if I had actually wanted them) and 3 event tickets for when New Life starts.

And if they do managed to wedge in the Undaunted event there will be even more chances.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, kind of. And kind of not.

The additional rewards are technically there because ZOS wants to attract ALL players, including those who look at the Indriks and say "Why would I farm tickets for a barking deer mount in different colors that I'll never use?" So ZOS started adding other rewards, like the ability to buy the event rewards you want without having to grind or additional furnishings and styles. This gives players who are uninterested in the Indriks a reason to get event tickets.

Now, yes, its also true that for players who want to "collect them all", there are event tickets sold (or gifted) in the Crown Store, much to ZOS' benefit.

There's a similar argument to be made about the Event Ticket storage. The whole "spend at 12 tickets or lose them" mechanic is extremely player-unfriendly. It also works to encourage players to buy/gift Event Tickets from the Crown Store to make up for player error.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended the Halloween Event with 12/12 and by the end of this event, missing 3 tickets (not knowing I could get one from Northern Elsweyr for 3 days); I was able to get both berries and both new styles. I was able to do it...but with the assistance of maxing out the last event. I suppose it would be difficult if you got severely behind in an event.

Edit: Fixed typos
    Edited by cheifsoap on December 9, 2019 8:39PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah a group of tickets mugged my grandma and took her purse :(
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol “cash grab”. It’s the players’ fault if they just HAVE to get every single cosmetic goodie ZOS puts out. If whales keep forking over their hard-earned money for this stuff so ZOS makes a profit and keeps the game running, I say great!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I don't know, I got both my berries, I already have 4 feathers for the next Indrik, and I had to buy the two style pages because I was running out of room.

And with the tickets from this morning I am at 8, so 2 more tickets for the snow Indrik.

And I'm never going to buy a ticket from the store. I don't buy consumables.

Makes sense and I imagine most who’ve been regularly participating in the events would be in the same situation. I only started ESO in July and so am a bit behind from getting caught up on the Onyx Indrik. I probably won’t earn my Snow Indrik until the first event of next year as besides the final berry, I have three more feathers to acquire and I’ll be out-of-town over the holiday.

So yeah, more than enough tickets so that those who miss an event can still earn the reward they’re seeking (so long as they don’t entirely miss the final berry, of course) and those who’ve done them all or aren’t interested in the Indriks have other things to choose from. 👍
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are issues with the Ticket System:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6496295#Comment_6496295

I don't think not having enough tickets available is one of the issues. I am currently on track to buy my final berry within two days of the next event. I also have the Indrik available to morph and 3 feathers already purchased for the final morph of a base indrik. All of my tickets have been earned in game without buying with crowns and even with missing multiple days of some of the events (including the last day of nearly every event because waking up early and doing the event wasn't worth it) and having glitches erase a few tickets.

There have been enough opportunities to earn everything possible to gain all of the mounts. And everything else they have introduced has been entirely optional. And if you are spending tickets on those items, you clearly weren't focused on the mounts that have been advertised all year long.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options are good. You don't need to collect everything. If you feel like you do, purchase the tickets.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except you forgot that the Undaunted Event is coming back at some point, @Lyserus.

Just because there hasn’t been any recent ZOS updates in the stickied thread, doesn’t mean they aren’t working on a solution.

Isn't the Undaunted event coming back, like, later this week? I forget the date, so I might be wrong-- maybe it's coming on the following weekend, not this coming weekend-- but I remember it's supposed to be between the 3rd event (which ended this morning) and the 4th event (which starts before the end of this month).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    1. 2 event rewards that don't drop from drops, can only be obtained with 10 tickets
    2. 2 berries to collect, because last event got shut down while people getting only 0-6 tickets

There was no way to get enough tickets to get both berries and styles without spending crowns, also you won't have enough tickets to get feathers preparing for the next indrik
    I am mostly agree. It should be noted however that the Witches festival was extended by 14 tickets.

Luckily I don't want anything except Indrik from the past events (including Undaunted). We'll see what will be the situation with New Life and will it be possible to obtain non-Indrik rewards from the boxes.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally do not think we will see the undaunted event any time in the next 6 months. If they got all of the bugs out of the activity finder I would be surprised to say the least(see BG's having all players on one team, many players on one team with 4 on others and unfilled BGs).
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I still have 12 Tickets Stocked from when they extended the Witches Festival that I didn't need for that Event or get to use on the Undaunted Event for the few hours it was available.

Combined with the 28 I got from this Event, I was able to get both of the Berries I didn't have yet, as well as the two Outfit pieces. And still have 10 left over to spend when the next Event rolls around.

If it IS the Undaunted Event, and there actually aren't any new berries available, I'll be able to get and spend the 15 Tickets from that Event on some Opal pages (I'm only going to focus on one set, the Engine Guardian).

Then I'll roll into New Life with 10 Tickets, and I'll be able to get the last Berries immediately. After that, I can use the (assuming standard amount of) 28 Tickets from THAT event to get the Winter Indrik Pet, and still have 18 to mess around with (6 of which I will HAVE to spend due to the limit) trying to get the Skaal Explorer Outfit pieces I need.

I've gotten every Ticket to date since they started, and by only buying Items that couldn't be obtained normally (Indrik Feathers/Berries/Pets, etc.) from the event, I've always had enough Tickets to get everything offered in Events. For instance, I didn't buy any Glenmoril Outfit or Witches Writs with Tickets during the Witches Festival, instead only finding them on my own or buying with Gold.

The issue with Tickets is once you fall behind, you'll have to start playing catch up, either through buying Tickets or skipping some available Items from the Impresario.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on December 9, 2019 9:35PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, kind of. And kind of not.

The additional rewards are technically there because ZOS wants to attract ALL players, including those who look at the Indriks and say "Why would I farm tickets for a barking deer mount in different colors that I'll never use?" So ZOS started adding other rewards, like the ability to buy the event rewards you want without having to grind or additional furnishings and styles. This gives players who are uninterested in the Indriks a reason to get event tickets.

This. The extra stuff isn't added in a big conspiracy to "force" people to buy tickets for Crowns, they're added for those of us who couldn't give a crap about Yet More Ugly Mounts.
    (driving "Must Collect It All" types batty is just a bonus! o:) )
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a time vs. money question. Do you want your berries now or can you wait until the next event? If you are impatient, it will cost you actual money. This stuff is never going to go away.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh indricks suck. They’re just goofy reindeers. Save your tickets and buy other stuff
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing the last event after finding out that for the 2nd ticket, I need to have a DLC purchased. So, I was only getting half the daily tickets from the event unless I fork out more money for the DLC. Nope.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They claim that the event tickets are in crown store just to give people options, it was somewhat healthy since you can take 20+ tickets per event and with those 10 for one berry and 10 for another feather for the next indrik, the rest of the event reward can be earned with event drops, with optional way to obtain those with tickets

I got both styles and both berries and I ended this event with 10 tickets left to spare, and i'd never spend real cash on tickets I can easily earn in-game. I didn't even get tickets from the last event because I got off of work about an hour after it was shut down but I had 10 or 12 tickets left over from the event before the failed Undaunted one. All you had to do was not miss a day.
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on December 9, 2019 11:24PM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have 12 tickets waiting for the next event. There were no berries or feathers that I could buy so I think it's fine. Should be able to get all mounts without spending crowns. The style pages available were old ones that dropped in previous events. They are easily acquired from traders very cheap
    Edited by volkeswagon on December 10, 2019 1:40AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to get three berries for the snow indrik, plus I have all the other indriks also, and another nascent indrik, plus three feathers for a second nascent after evolution, and have never had to buy a ticket.

It's possible.

*EDIT* Plus 10 tickets left over waiting for the next event, to get that last berry.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on December 10, 2019 6:06AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth are you surprised?

Anything in the Clown store is a cash grab. New paint jobs of old models are a cash grab. Consumables that remove hurdles put in by ZOS are a cash grab. Time-sensitive offers are a cash grab and an attempt to exploit impulse purchases. Multiple tiers of currencies are a cash grab and an attempt to obfuscate how much you actually spend. This is what in-game purchases mean. They are NEVER benevolent. They aren't meant to add to your enjoyment.

People who prefer microtransactions to a transparent, flat monthly fee with no bottomless pits, no gambling, and no predatory practices, are deluded and are hurting games. Badly.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what?

I think ZOS actually want players to be able to get their Indriks by doing the event(s). I think New Life, like Witches Festival, will be absolutely stuffed with berries which will be super easy to get.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZOS wants players to grind. If players don't have the time to grind, CS is the available option - not very cheap, we all agree on that.

I just grabbed the berries, they're the items that won't come back - at least we don't have any information if they'll ever be available again (2019 berries).
    Feathers will always be available any any of the incoming events - we got an new indrik evolution coming up (the spectral one).

PS- I didn't "waste" tickets on the head and shoulders pages, I know I will never wear them on any of my chars. So, there was no point in purchasing them. I've 8 tickets on hold atm.

Edited:typo
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 10, 2019 10:38AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During the Orsinium event I believe the furnishings available were items that were relatively inexpensive and craftable and so I don’t think anyone was happy about that.

People weren't happy because those furniture pieces weren't unique.
    You can get them any time in-game...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Orsinium event I believe the furnishings available were items that were relatively inexpensive and craftable and so I don’t think anyone was happy about that.

People weren't happy because those furniture pieces weren't unique.
    You can get them any time in-game...

Not just that, they were furniture from recipes that are extremely cheap. Even I who was a fairly new player either had those already or could get them for next to nothing at a guild trader. I think if it had been more expensive or hard to aquire items people wouldn't have been so annoyed with it, even if they hadn't been new and/or unique items.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event tickets give you a different skin for your mount.

Why do you care so much?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointingly, some folk who planned in advance may have been relying on the undaunted event....
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything in the game is turning into a cash grab, little by little, the tickets just part of the scheme. The events are only there to generate profit. Nothing in ESO is about the player, it's about their wallet and it hurts to say that being a very loyal Elder Scrolls player--even played The Elder Scrolls: Arena which was the first game in the series. Anyway, it's funny how Zo$ can afford marketing (like advertisements in Times Square New York) and of course implement endless monetization schemes that work flawlessly and bring in loads of profit. After all that, then somehow there is never enough budget and effort put in the actual game itself and fix things that have plagued this game for over 5 years and going. This game will turn into a hot mess when it's all said and done but it will be a while and I guarantee ZoS will milk every last drop of cash from it. This company very obviously has too many Chiefs and not enough Indians otherwise things would be a lot different.

Your original question should pretty self-explanatory imho.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer