Is 20k stamina enough on a stam warden build NON CP?

Mariusghost84
Mariusghost84
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive made this build, based on how i wanted to play this class. I feel ive ended up with a solid base and stats, all except stamina.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=166601

Could i get some insight and pointers as to wether this is viable with stamina as low as 20k in non CP pvp?
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not even close....you want 32k stam for a stam toon, minimum.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you play magicka it can be :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of 9 attributes in magicka, puth them in stam, run tri-food if not sugar sculls. Get rid of atronauch mundus. Run serpeant if you miss the stam recovery of arteum. Still wont be great, but should be better.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

I onlyd do Bgs. Is 32k required in non cp pvp to?
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want 30k+ for a good damage and resource pool.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Get rid of 9 attributes in magicka, puth them in stam, run tri-food if not sugar sculls. Get rid of atronauch mundus. Run serpeant if you miss the stam recovery of arteum. Still wont be great, but should be better.

I am afraid that my magica recovery will drop to low, as i have many buffs that use magica...wont that be a proble if i press stam as high as 30k?
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25k is minimum if you focused on maxing weapon damage and can sustain well enough
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I onlyd do Bgs. Is 32k required in non cp pvp to?

Nah, 32k is more about CP. For no-CP 25k is like minimum with recommended closer to 27-29k.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the running, rolling, breaking free and blocking you do in BGs you really want to aim for at least 30k
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I am afraid that my magica recovery will drop to low, as i have many buffs that use magica...wont that be a proble if i press stam as high as 30k?

It's only 238 mag recovery and you're running blue Betty. But guess I'm not sure when you run that much. I generally think of my mainstat as keeping me alive and in the fight.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played Warden in no-CP but I don't remember having any problems sustaining magicka. I don't think you need Blue Betty to sustain it. Unless you want to spam shimmering, which isn't the case from what I remember. So Blue Betty is kinda redundant. I would change to the stamina morph and run a sustain set instead. For example drop Fortified Brass and run Shacklebreaker instead. That way you can change to full damage glyphs on jewelry. Fortified Brass & Bloodspawn on a Nord are overkill since resistance is only part of your mitigation. Since you're in medium you can use Shuffle instead of Forward Momentum. Vigor and weaving heavy attacks should heal you enough. Sharpened maul is kinda overkill, since you already have access to Major Fracture and use Onslaught, that negates all resistances, as ultimante. Heavy Weapons passive for mauls is less effective if you already have plenty of penetration. I would either transmute that to Nirnhoned or use a Sharpened sword. Dunno about Fury, I never used that set. But I don't like it. You have to be in a fight for 10s to fully charge then you have 10s with 600 weapon damage. Averaged, you're not much better than simply running Hunding, Spriggan or NMA. Probably Shackle+Spriggan would beat that combo in most situations since Onslaught only lasts 5s.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with only 20k stamina you will never be able to handle the lusty argonian maid!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Stamwarden has 32k in non-cp with 2700 recovery

I think it has to do with your sets. Because your sets seems to add resistance and health.

I am using Battlefield Acrobat + Darkstride
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

I think it has to do with your sets. Because your sets seems to add resistance and health.

2 sustain sets? How much wep dmg do you have? Do you actually get any kills?
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25k+ is good enough don't listen to the morons saying 32k is required. Stam play is more about stacking weapon damage than stacking stam. Also running Atro and 9 in mag? Yikes
  • blee88
    blee88
    ✭✭

With Fury maxed out and checking minor berserk, you have an effective weapon damage of 6400. That is terribly low. What a snide remark for people offering you information. (snip)

(edited for baiting content)
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on December 10, 2019 2:57PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    23-26k is where you want to be.

I personally don't like being under 25k so I used Tower mundus to get it over on one of my chars. My stamblade is 23k but it has 2.7k regen, 4.5k weapon damage and TK, so doesn't need it.
    PC EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use 2 damage sets you probably need to run sustain glyphs (recovery & cost reduction) on jewelry.
    If you run 1 damage 1 sustain IMO it's the best combo because you can maximize your damage (3 damage glyphs).
    On some classes you can run 2 sustain sets, but you may end up over-sustaining even with 3 damage glyphs.
    Also having a higher stamina pool helps sustain since you can fill it when you're outside or combat or even in combat weaving HA - pretty easy from 2W or 1H+S bar.

From what I've experimented with in PvP around 1.8K-2.0K (with potion active) is the over-sustain limit for both heavy armor builds running 1-2 cost reduction and medium armor builds running all 3 damage. As for effective weapon damage (weapon damage + max stamina/10.5) my characters have between 6500 (heavy armor build) and 8000 (medium armor build with a proc WD set). You can probably get kills on the low end of the spectrum if you time your burst.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blee88 wrote: »

With Fury maxed out and checking minor berserk, you have an effective weapon damage of 6400. That is terribly low. What a snide remark for people offering you information. (snip)

I wasnt being snark or mean in any way. I was legitemetly asking bro. Im new to the class and just have no clue whats what! Also, smartass, that l2p comment doesnt help me in the slightest, im trying to l2p by asking you guys before i make the build.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on December 10, 2019 2:58PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With Fury maxed out and checking minor berserk, you have an effective weapon damage of 6400. That is terribly low. What a snide remark for people offering you information. L2P

I wasnt being snark or mean in any way. I was legitemetly asking bro. Im new to the class and just have no clue whats what! Also, smartass, that l2p comment doesnt help me in the slightest, im trying to l2p by asking you guys before i make the build.

I am getting kills and I am new like you to the class. She is not my main so I am mix matching things too
    I generally tend to aim for higher pools and high recovery, I try to keep it above 2k (recovery)
    What sets are you using?
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With Fury maxed out and checking minor berserk, you have an effective weapon damage of 6400. That is terribly low. What a snide remark for people offering you information. L2P

I am getting kills and I am new like you to the class. She is not my main so I am mix matching things too
    I generally tend to aim for higher pools and high recovery, I try to keep it above 2k (recovery)
    What sets are you using?

If you're doing BGs you're getting put up against other no-skill players. After a while your MMR will catch up and you'll start getting put in the dumpster.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

What sets are you using?

If you're doing BGs you're getting put up against other no-skill players. After a while your MMR will catch up and you'll start getting put in the dumpster.

No I have never done battlegrounds
    I play only in Cyrodiil
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build editor is wonky for me on mobile so I want to take a closer look at that set-up on my desktop when I get home. But I have three notes at the moment:

1) Heatnix is 100% correct that stacking weapon damage is the route you wanna go on stam. Squeeze as much weapon damage as you can, then as much recovery as you need to sustain it, then worry about your max Stam pool. Most of the strong stam builds running around in CP are under 30k stam, often around 27-28k.

2) I haven't found dialing up your resistances to be super effective on Stam this patch. Fortified Brass isn't a terrible set but it wouldn't be my first choice. However I definitely wouldn't combine that with Nord, it's overkill on the resists and your damage right now isn't going to make much of a dent in a good player. I would either swap Fortified Brass to NMA or swap Nord to Orc, or both.

3) Consider trying Lava Foot Soup and Saltrice for your food. It'll dial up your max Stam pool and recovery really nicely to let you focus on other areas.
    Edited by Sorbin on December 9, 2019 6:39PM
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭
    Ive made this build, based on how i wanted to play this class. I feel ive ended up with a solid base and stats, all except stamina.

Could i get some insight and pointers as to wether this is viable with stamina as low as 20k in non CP pvp?

I have that on my magicka DK, 20k stamina is WAY too low for a viable stamina build

I'm looking at the build and it looks like you actually forgot to put your stam enchants in and your traits in your armor, unless im just missing something. Also swap blue betty for bull netch, more sustain. I'd also recommend swapping your food for something like dubious camorans or artaeum broth. Again, more sustain. Also perhaps swap your back bar 1h sword to nirnhoned, your in forti brass so that 1200 resists wont do anything in the long run, Nirnhoned counts towards healing
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say minimum 26k, but if you can't sustain you'll need more, also I run 16-1700 regen
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your reactions and comments i made changes to my build and ended up with this:

27K stam
    19,5k Hp
    4700 WD ( with major brutality )
    2K stam regen

Im gonna try this out and see whatsup. With my original setup i had major issues getting kills on non potato players.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Camouflaged Hunter is kinda redundant on a Warden: you already have access to Minor Berserk by slotting Bird of Prey, and you can get Major Savagery from Green Lotus with some heals on top or you can run health+stamina+savagery potions. Also carve is quite bad since they nerfed the bleed quite a lot in Dragonhold. You can run an utility skill instead, like Shimmering Shield or Arctic Blast there - but with Turn Evil you already have a CC, so the former is probably the better choice. Also I wouldn't combo 2 crafted sets since jewelry is quite expensive and you can usually get purple jewelry from BoE sets at 20K or less.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^

But yeah, revised build is way better. I like shackle on stamden but I learnt to get by without it eventually and now run Fury, New Moon and BS.
    PC EU
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Camouflaged Hunter is kinda redundant on a Warden: you already have access to Minor Berserk by slotting Bird of Prey, and you can get Major Savagery from Green Lotus with some heals on top or you can run health+stamina+savagery potions. Also carve is quite bad since they nerfed the bleed quite a lot in Dragonhold. You can run an utility skill instead, like Shimmering Shield or Arctic Blast there - but with Turn Evil you already have a CC, so the former is probably the better choice. Also I wouldn't combo 2 crafted sets since jewelry is quite expensive and you can usually get purple jewelry from BoE sets at 20K or less.

Could someone be so kind and tell me what ingredience i need to make such a potion? I am having a suprisingly difficult time finding out by myself : health+stamina+savagery potions.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Could someone be so kind and tell me what ingredience i need to make such a potion? I am having a suprisingly difficult time finding out by myself : health+stamina+savagery potions.

Some of the more obscure potions I've used

Health+Stamina+Major Savagery
    Columbine+Dragonthorn+Water Hyacinth

Health+Savagery+Immovable
    Columbine+Dragonthorn+Wormwood

Health+Stamina+Immovable
    Columbine+Mountain Flower+Namira's Rot

You can experiment with the alchemy simulator here to find whatever potion suits you:
    https://esolog.uesp.net/viewPotions.php

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: