The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about magnecro for PvP

Freakin_Hytte
Freakin_Hytte
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

So I've been wanting to make a new pvp char and I have some questions about magnecro, I'm mainly going to play in CP cyro, but I'll probably play some bgs as well. I've mainly played magdk and stamdk as well as stamden. But I also enjoy magplar, I really like the aggressive brawler type of combat, but I want to try something else. Even though I've heard a lot of negative things about magnecro, the few that are out there and who are good can be really challenging to kill.

How do the class feel? Do they remind you of any other class? For example do they have a similar playstyle as some other classes?

What are the biggest pros and cons of the class?

How are they in different situations (solo, small-scale and medium to large groups)?

Would you say they are harder or easier to play compared to other classes?

I want to ask these questions because I would like to prepare myself while leveling up and I don't want to take a build online, because I really enjoy theorycrafting a fun build that I like and not a generic build that I'll probably not like.
I'm looking to make a dd and not a support or healer.
Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 6, 2019 3:03PM
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    The pros: High burst dmg potential(relies heavily on timing combos)
    Strong heals
    Class purge
    Good passives
    Good AOE
    Major and minor protection
    Major vulnerability from ultimate

The cons: unreliable skills(tethers don’t work sometimes, blastbones drunk)
    Slow class( no source of expedition, DPS spammable can be easily avoided, BB can get CC’d or even out ran)

Magcro is one of my mains right now. Their play style is completely different from other classes but they would definitely fit the brawler type class, because imo magcro is most effective at close to medium range. Closer you are the less time they have to dodge the flaming skull, blastbones has less time to get lost in the sauce. Necro has a lot of good healing options to allow you to play closer. And if you wear a set like blood spawn you’ll be dropping colossus’s all over the place.

They’re definitely good for group play small and large but solo just ehh. It depends. I use mine in BGs all the time and CP Cyro and she does pretty good. Better in BGs in smaller areas because of the lack of speed overall and AOE skills. Magcro can hit hard though and can definitely be super tanky.

Definitely probably the one of the hardest classes to play well, good magcro players find a way to work around defiencies. Same as any class because no class is perfect. I think I answered all the questions. Overall the class is just hindered by bugginess of blastbones. Without blastbones the class pretty much has no other burst dmg option so when it doesn’t work right it can really hurt you. Flaming skull can get dodge rolled repeatedly by good high stam players because it’s so slow, so that can be annoying. Some people use force pulse instead which is always good. But if overall bugginess of the class gets addressed this class could be one of the top performers.
    Edited by ImSoPro on December 13, 2019 11:54PM