The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More Necro PvP Feedback

Artorias24
Artorias24
✭✭✭✭✭
So after playing Magicka and Stamina Necro i can only say this: Man this Class is trash.

Summoners Armor:
12% Cost Reduction on Skills that are not even a spammable and where we already get 50% cost rection from passive. Compared all the ones from other classes thats by far the weakest.

Beckoning Armor:
Pull is nice for PvE i guess but thats literally it. Some uses in PvP but mostly it just gives uncontrollable CC.

Scythe:
For PvP really low damage. Good luck killing any decent player....

Bone Totem:
What is this even supposed to be? The Class CC wich has a delay of 2 Seconds where every player with a brain will simply walk out of the AoE...

Colossus:
While the Damage is good and a good Ultimate for PvE its simply to easy to counter in PvP. You can dodge the damage even tho its an aoe. The Delay on the first damage tick gives players a huge window to simply walk or dodge out of it. The Frozen Ones CC at the End is also really useless since you already want to CC your target on the first hit so the CC from the Ult will hardly have any use....

Flame Skull
Slow Projectile and really awkward to weave light attack between. Have a Dev even tried to weave in a light attack?

Blastbones
Ooooh boi.... You already heared a lot about this skill. How useless it is. Standing next to its target for seconds, simply despawning next to his target... The Magicka one cant even reach its full damage potential when it WORKS! For PvE, when you have good positioning the Blastbone will explode right after it finished spawning unable to "chase" its target and increase its damage. That Skill need to be deleted and replaced with something reliable to burst someone.

Boneyard:
Huge cost, hard to use in mobile fights and taking use of the 50% damage increase... Also the Synergy fails often! You just use it and it deals no damage at all.

Pets in General:
Since Necro has a lot of targatable Pets its so annyoing to fight one. Even when you tab target the necro many skills will always hit his pets and give him so much damage mitigation.

Siphons:
When used on a dead player the Siphon will break as soon as the player respawns. The beam breaks on LOS wich always happens in PvP. Also its clunky to use the beam to damage/heal someone. Just get rid of the beam and make an Aura on the Necro and the Corpse.

Render Flesh:
The Heal Value is good but who on earth was thinking that putting a defile on yourself is a good idea? Everytime i use this skill i struggle cause i know, this will give me Minor Defile. Its only Minor, i know but the feeling that i will debuff my healing in the moment i need to the most (when i am low and targeted) is not satisfying at all.

I dont know, i was so hyped for Necro. So much Potential. The "leaked" concept Arts looked so good. Bone Spikes summoned from the ground but now we have an ugly bone yard instead... That Class could be really good but you failed to make it reliable and usefull in many aspects of the game. While some visuals indeed look good some are just awfull. A white glowing Scythe doesnt fit a dark themed Necro. NO ZOMBIES?! Blastbones would fit perfectly for a "brainless" zombie since we already have a skeleton as an archer/mage and a Ghost but we dont get Zombies as a Necromancer..... wtf??!

Such a wasted Oppotunity, you had soo much time and even after 6 Months on being on live its still weak and not working in many aspect. I am simply disappointed, i tried necro, gave it many tries on many different ways but its simply disappointing to play....
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they know, but do they care?

i regret buying the necro. this variant is truly the worst class ever introduced in any and every mmo.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    So after playing Magicka and Stamina Necro i can only say this: Man this Class is trash.

Summoners Armor:
    12% Cost Reduction on Skills that are not even a spammable and where we already get 50% cost rection from passive. Compared all the ones from other classes thats by far the weakest.

Beckoning Armor:
    Pull is nice for PvE i guess but thats literally it. Some uses in PvP but mostly it just gives uncontrollable CC.

Scythe:
    For PvP really low damage. Good luck killing any decent player....

Bone Totem:
    What is this even supposed to be? The Class CC wich has a delay of 2 Seconds where every player with a brain will simply walk out of the AoE...

Colossus:
    While the Damage is good and a good Ultimate for PvE its simply to easy to counter in PvP. You can dodge the damage even tho its an aoe. The Delay on the first damage tick gives players a huge window to simply walk or dodge out of it. The Frozen Ones CC at the End is also really useless since you already want to CC your target on the first hit so the CC from the Ult will hardly have any use....

Flame Skull
    Slow Projectile and really awkward to weave light attack between. Have a Dev even tried to weave in a light attack?

Blastbones
    Ooooh boi.... You already heared a lot about this skill. How useless it is. Standing next to its target for seconds, simply despawning next to his target... The Magicka one cant even reach its full damage potential when it WORKS! For PvE, when you have good positioning the Blastbone will explode right after it finished spawning unable to "chase" its target and increase its damage. That Skill need to be deleted and replaced with something reliable to burst someone.

Boneyard:
    Huge cost, hard to use in mobile fights and taking use of the 50% damage increase... Also the Synergy fails often! You just use it and it deals no damage at all.

Pets in General:
    Since Necro has a lot of targatable Pets its so annyoing to fight one. Even when you tab target the necro many skills will always hit his pets and give him so much damage mitigation.

Siphons:
    When used on a dead player the Siphon will break as soon as the player respawns. The beam breaks on LOS wich always happens in PvP. Also its clunky to use the beam to damage/heal someone. Just get rid of the beam and make an Aura on the Necro and the Corpse.

Render Flesh:
    The Heal Value is good but who on earth was thinking that putting a defile on yourself is a good idea? Everytime i use this skill i struggle cause i know, this will give me Minor Defile. Its only Minor, i know but the feeling that i will debuff my healing in the moment i need to the most (when i am low and targeted) is not satisfying at all.

I dont know, i was so hyped for Necro. So much Potential. The "leaked" concept Arts looked so good. Bone Spikes summoned from the ground but now we have an ugly bone yard instead... That Class could be really good but you failed to make it reliable and usefull in many aspects of the game. While some visuals indeed look good some are just awfull. A white glowing Scythe doesnt fit a dark themed Necro. NO ZOMBIES?! Blastbones would fit perfectly for a "brainless" zombie since we already have a skeleton as an archer/mage and a Ghost but we dont get Zombies as a Necromancer..... wtf??!

Such a wasted Oppotunity, you had soo much time and even after 6 Months on being on live its still weak and not working in many aspect. I am simply disappointed, i tried necro, gave it many tries on many different ways but its simply disappointing to play....

Have to disagree with most. Necro is pretty strong, both pve and pvp.

Beckoning armor is a free pull on range attacking you, messing up their rotations, possibly canceling skill they started to cast after first attack reached you.

Bone totem is ridiculously overperforming in pvp and in dire need of a nerf. Its a big no go zone ([snip]), where you will be automatically feared. You and your whole team get Minor Protection simply by being in the area. Other morph gives free minor vulnerability on synergy, both strong.

Colossun is a hard hittinga and apply aoe Major Vulnerability already in first tick thats pretty hard to avoid. Combined with your team dps, it can melt whole groups in an instant. Note that in one class you provide both minor and major buff, for combined 38% more dmg taken, both aoe.

Blastbones are buggy, thats for sure, but when they do hit, it hurts, a lot. Stam morph provide Major Defile in aoe.

Scythe and Flame skull are sadly one of those skills that look good visually but dont provide anything usefull to any build really, but thats a common theme for all the classes. They all have some of those skills.

Boneyard is a solid aoe Major Fracture+Breach ground effect. Dmg is poor but its not the main role of this ability.

Siphons are not so bad as you describe them. In fact i find Braided Tether tob e very potent ability, not for its poor heal done, but by the amount and frequency of the ticks, perfect pvp skill to keep all heal procs sets on your team.

Render Flesh is as strogn as Breath of Life, consuming corpse will heal 2 targets. Minor Defile it apply to you i dont see as a negative, in any pvp situation, you would get it anyway. But thanks to doing it yourself, it auto trigger your passive for 8% increased heal done, which stacks with all other healing buffs.

Things you didnt mention:

Renewing Undeath - extremely potent ability, used on corpse it cleanse 3 effects on each of your team members in its radius. That beats many similar skills by a longshot.

Goliath - solid panic button, most enemies will just stop attacking you giving you 20s of freedom to regen and outheal.

Spirit mender - strong heal, generates free corpse every 8s, triggers few passives.

Passives for 15% more dmg done with dots and 15% less dmg taken from dots.

Up to 20% more heal crit on low hp targets and possibly even more crit chance on offensive skills helping finish off low hp enemies.

Good ulti gain from corpse mechanics.

From pvp point of view, in good hands necro can perform any role on a good or very good level. Healing and tanking pve is also on very good level. Cant say much about dps parsing of necros as i was never much into that activity.

[Edit for politics.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 6, 2019 12:02AM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make the healer ghost a skeleton - two skeletal minions following you (with archer)

Make the BlastBones a ghost who flies to its target as a projectile

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on December 5, 2019 9:00PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen some great necros in pvp. I think many are still getting used to how to play to their strengths, but recently I have seen some amazing YouTube clips from necros Check out the last clip in this top 5 video which starts at around 12:45.

https://youtu.be/ywa2HWDVr_w

I wouldn't say they are top teir, but I also wouldn't say they are trash.
    Edited by TBois on December 5, 2019 9:08PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I play Stamcro since a few days in PvP, Blastbones is really not cooperative, if you don't stand in a straight line 5 meter away from your enemy chances are high that he will just run aound like drunk.

Other than that I am pretty happy, a nice purge, Colossus did serve me well, and Siphons is a nice DoT and gives you 3% more damage just for being slotted, the Spirit Guardian really does its job taking 10% of your taken damage and healing you every 2 seconds a decent amount. And thats just active stuff, passive there are more damage buffs, Critbuffs to targets below 25% health and so on. I really can't complain about Stamcro.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't figured out how to be good with magCro yet, but I have seen some nasty ones. It's definitely a more deliberate playstyle.

And I gotta disagree about bone totem. Straight OP in BG's.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Ive seen some great necros in pvp. I think many are still getting used to how to play to their strengths, but recently I have seen some amazing YouTube clips from necros Check out the last clip in this top 5 video.

I love Kristofer I was just watching that yesterday. Icey Panda magcro is a beast
    Edited by ImSoPro on December 5, 2019 9:07PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Necro rocks in PvP - for me this is the best hybrid class in the game ;)
    For me it is good that some players do not figure out how to rock with it. :D
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My take on necro

Flame Skull:
    A good skill when it actually hits the target. Hard to weave, good visually though. It's too slow, needs to be like other spammables and be quicker

Render Flesh:
    Crazy good heal cause of that first passive in the same skill line that increases healing with a debuff on you. Love this ability.

Beckoning Armor:
    I like this ability and it's other morph. The only problem I have with it is, often times in PvP a player will get pulled to someone using this and then the enemy player will get away from those attacking him and be able to regen some health and resources. That just lengthens the fight and it's annoying.

Scythe:
    A good ability in Public Dungeons and for solo PvE. The damage could be increased though to make it more viable.

Fear Totem:
    A situational skill really. I have this on my defensive breach bar so I can put it in doorways. In open field it does not work so well cause it has that 2 second delay. The fear pulses are great though.

Blastbones:
    A good ability if it actually works and hits the target. It still gets confused way too often and that alone makes it hard to put on my bar. Not having a reliable burst hurts Necro a lot

Boneyard:
    Situational again. Unless you have harmony the damage is laughable. Major breach and fracture is nice but someone may be able to tell me I think it's only when you are standing in the AOE, which is small and easily avoidable. I use this on my defensive breach bar to spam in doorways with my fear totem, about it.

Skeletal Mage:
    It's a passive, about it. I don't use it in PvP.

Shocking Siphon and Braided Tether
    I don't use Shocking Siphon in PvP. Too unreliable. However I do use Braided Tether on my healing bar and it's a good heal and a good passive to have on your healing bar as well.

Expunge:
    Great ability, both morphs have a purpose and can't go wrong with either

Life amid Death:
    Really good heal, becomes even better when you do it over corpses which in PvP is everywhere.

Spirit Mender:
    I like Spirit Guardian morph but both are good. I use Guardian morph really for the 10% damage reduction.

Bitter Harvest:
    Under utilized skill, especially Deaden Pain cause of Major Protection. A little situational but is good for building ult

Grave Grasp:
    Too slow, it has the chance to be a great ability but it just has such a delay upon casting. Ghostly Embrace comes in handy for over aggressive melee players but it's just too slow. Speed it up and it'll be great. The other morph... yeah just no. Not worth choosing that.

Ultimates:
    Colussus:
    Good ultimate if people stand in it or you start to really get good at timing. At first I didn't like this ult but as I get used to the class and get better at timing, it becomes a great ult.

Goliath:
    Great ultimate for any play style. I use this on my healer if my group wants to be dumb and dive into an obviously better ball group. Nothing like a healer with like 60k health haha. It works well on damage as an oh crap button and tanks.... well it works awesome on tanks.

Reanimate:
    Good ult for support or healers. Can really turn the tide in fights if you need to rez a few good players that wiped. Put this with Deaden Pain and maybe Bloodspawn and it can really make a difference. Using sets that give give something for rezzing is a plus too.

Overall:
    Necro has some damage issues, some class abilities aren't worth slotting at all which makes it annoying to be a damage necro in PvP. You find yourself running Destro, Mages Guild and Psijic Order abilities more than class ones. You make Shocking Siphon more useful in PvP or change the ability to be a useful one, Make Blastbones more reliable, Skeletal Mage could use a bit of a damage boost... maybe not much but something to make it worth slotting, speed up Flame Skull and then Necro will be a pretty strong class. If you remove the damage tether and change the ability, for the love of God don't remove the healing one... it's so good. Healing and tanking for necro seem good, strong even but damage is below average.

• OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot to go through but the one thing I will say is that the death scythe is exactly as strong DPS wise as every other AOE spammable in the game, ie power extraction, brawler or impulse. The skill is also the percentage based heal for tankcros, meaning you can get quite a good heal for the cost if you are a tank. The only thing I would change is to make the magic morph frost damage. This would fit into the toolkit of a magcro better and provide tankcros more ways to apply minor maim.
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    The only skills I find problematic are:

Flame Skulls: Too slow and weak damage, buffing one of these will help. (Vampire Drain is the better equivalent)

Fear Totem: It's too costly, stationary, and I can get minor protection all the time with Temporal Guard.

Render Flesh: I don't like the minor defile debuff inflicted on you even though it buffs healing done.

Boneyard: Usually useful for harmony builds with a skill that can stun like vampire drain. The DoT got nerfed and it's cost increased to about 4,000 magicka.

Scythe: Not enough damage

Blastbones: Clunky and stupid AI

Shocking Siphon: Only useful for stationary enemies.

Skeletal Mage: Weak damage, only useful for passive buffs and for creating a corpse.

Bone Armour: Not really good compared to other class skills that give major resolve, & ward. This being active on you reduces DoT damage taken but DoTs were already nerfed hardcore, and summoning corpses aren't as costly anymore. It is good for creating corpses though. For BG PvP, I would just use Mighty Chudan to save you a bar space.

Gravegrasp: Too slow

Restoring Tether: Even though it cost you no Magicka, it requires a corpse near you. You could use Regeneration and get more out of it.

Life Amid Death: Great as it's an AOE heal but requires a corpse perfectly positioned for maximum effect.

Note: This is for a Magicka Necromancer perspective
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i would suggest you are playing an optimal set up, necro are far from trash
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony jewels are the best......
    Ive seen some great necros in pvp. I think many are still getting used to how to play to their strengths, but recently I have seen some amazing YouTube clips from necros Check out the last clip in this top 5 video which starts at around 12:45.

• Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would suggest you are playing an optimal set up, necro are far from trash

Compared to other classes they are.

I listed all the skills that are problematic. Sure necro has some good spots but compared to other classes it feels weak.

Been playing magicka and stamina necro for quite some time now and i wouldnt consider myself a bad Player. Just many many things need polishing with that class.