The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO lag spikes and FPS drops [PC/EU&NA]

SkyMagpie
SkyMagpie
✭✭✭
I was looking for threads on this but I don't know if everyone is having this problem, I used to run ESO on max settings with like 50-60 FPS but now I get these sudden drops where my game freezes for a second and it's annoying. Especially in fights. Sometimes the ping skyrockets to 999+ too.

Was wondering if this is because of the event or the server or the problem is on my end? It was fine till few days ago. :/
  • Kahlis
    Kahlis
    ✭✭
    You're not alone.

There's a pinned performance problems post at the top of the general forums.

FWIW, I've had unplayable lag/spikes, absurd pings, failure to render, etc in the evening prime time (PC NA) for the past 2 or so patches.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkyMagpie wrote: »
    I was looking for threads on this but I don't know if everyone is having this problem, I used to run ESO on max settings with like 50-60 FPS but now I get these sudden drops where my game freezes for a second and it's annoying. Especially in fights. Sometimes the ping skyrockets to 999+ too.

Was wondering if this is because of the event or the server or the problem is on my end? It was fine till few days ago. :/

I also get them, specifically in Cyrodil, but have not experienced them in Overland or Dungeon Content as of yet. It is generally not on your end and may or may not fix itself, unfortunately that is just the state of the game right now.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was good for a while, but the past two days or so have been really bad - borderline unplayable. Not sure what happened. (PC/NA)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU here. Yesterday was fine, today I'm logged out on every dragon fight
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens on consoles too
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat