The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How is your ESO experience?

• nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there's a lot of bad blood between the players, and ZoS. But I passed the 7k hours mark a few days ago, and it made me think of how far I've gotten. I've championed more than a handful of characters, and made/deleted more than I could ever remember. I've made, and lost countless friends thanks to the game, and have countless more fond memories. Though the game is a broken merry go round, having major ups and downs, all while running mostly in circles, there is a lot of hard work put into it, not only by developers, but also players. As of making this post, I'm for once in a really happy mood, instead of my usual super depressed state. That being said, I hope that everyone reading this has a fantastic day/night, and that regardless of it's faults, has enjoyed ESO in some capacity, and I thank you personally for being a part of my favorite game.
    ~Thanks for the memories guys and gals. <3~

To sum up the last year:
    Lizards, Cats, Weird Lizards, Cats, Awesome Cats, PVP rage, PVP Joy, PVP sadness, Cats, PVP Cats?, Sadness PVP cats are not a thing, Stabbed a whole bunch of people, Fished, DRAGONS!, Ow now they hurt, DRAGONS!, Cats.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the game but I spend a lot less time playing than ever before. The performance issues are the main reason I don't play and will continue to not play more than I do.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I regret renewing my subscription. It's clear Zo$ management is too comfortable with the cash flow they have now, and they don't care about making a quality game anymore as long as they can monetize the crap out of every aspect of it. Just reading reviews about the work environment at Zo$ confirms my suspicions of terrible management in charge of this game. I just pray that TES VI won't end up a sleazy cash-grab machine like Fallout 76 because that's the only hope I have left for the Elder Scrolls universe tbh.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Loading screens Online
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    To give a little more in-depth run of my two cents on the game, it's certainly come a long way. While every update doesn't have me jumping out of my seat, that's mainly due to how much content in the base game alone I haven't completed or even seen. Stability for me has been hit or miss, but very rarely did it ever make me want to quit, or make me mad. A good example was recently, when I was for some reason getting 10fps when I would enter any city. It was magically fixed, either by my computer, or a connection issue, but that was really the worst I've had it. The PS4 launch experience was 100x worse, but that was almost expected given the massive amount of people in small areas. I know that's just my experience though, and that it's far worse, and sometimes better for others. The amount of replay value was certainly sky high at launch, but now it's far beyond. All the dungeons, quests, locations, enemies, gear, classes, races (even though 10 is the norm), NPCs, skills, guilds, and PvP as a whole, are what keep me interested. Yes, a good amount of content is locked behind a paywall, but I have no problem supporting a game I love so much. And the community, let me just say, it's both toxic as can be, and all too amazing at the same time, as it should be. I find personally the best communities aren't just packed with one or the other, and if it wasn't apparent already, I'm a sucker for diversity. I prefer a little salt with maybe a dash of love when I finish a pvp match, or often laugh at people being bozos in chat, while at times like last night, I ended up handing out over 50k worth of gold, just because I appreciate the people who stick around, and especially ones who enjoy the game as much as I do. The economy in my opinion, could be better if they added something like an actual business to the base game. I would prefer it be locked behind a long list of "end game" achievements, so that it's rewarding to players who have put in the work, but that will likely never happen. I spend most my gold as fast as I get it though, so that's a me issue. ESO has not only a certain charm, but also the way you play it, I find is better than others. WoW for example is actually a really cool game. I love the lore, and have many characters on there too, but any content beyond level 20 is locked behind a paywall. From the time I was young, I've always had an affection for Wizard 101 (yeah, yeah, nobody likes it but me) but any content past what is essentially the "tutorial" is also locked behind a pay wall. Would I play those other games more if they were free in a similar way? Yes, but like i said, the charm of the game is what really keeps me around. The Elder Scrolls universe as a whole is one of my top 5, and I could never pass up the opportunity to explore such a huge chunk of it, in so many ways. Again, for anyone reading this, I hope you have, and or are having a good day/night. Thank you for at the very least being a part of the community behind the game I've loved for 5 and half years.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been here since beta and never left. Sub that time as well.

I dont always see eye to eye with changes but I'm far from screaming the sky is falling every time they change something.

Must be my military experience and adapting to overcome.

Its my main #1 MMO.

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lagged out
    I swear, every time I see that common message of "<Friend X> has logged off with <Character Y>" appear in the chat window, I keep misreading it as:
    "<Friend X> has lagged out with <Character Y>"

:D

But on a more serious note - my ESO experience has by now diminished to mostly just feeding the mounts and doing crafting dailies.
    As well as grinding Cyro for geodes every month - just grab whatever tanky gear from bank, and zergsurf for the 25k AP on each of my characters.

Increasingly frequently, I catch myself logging in (out of habit) after the abovementioned dailies are already done, and then I'm like "hmm I could do things X, Y, or Z... but the performance is horrible, so what's the point", then log back out and do something else instead.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have supported this game through a lot. I was even here during the CWC load screen fiasco. No complaints. But I can't lie to myself anymore. Until I see some real changes to performance I am taking a break from ESO. I am going to play FFXIV in the mean time as a change of scenery would do me some good. I truly hope they can improve things as ESO it still has the potential to be my favorite game.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience of the game has been 99% positive, playing on PC EU since launch and additionally on PC NA as a secondary server for some months. The remaining 1% is down to the rubbish trading system.

Note that I don't PvP or do competitive PvE, and I don't use addons. Nor, however, am I a "housing whale or RPer". I play the overland content including delves and dolmens. Performance has always been, and remains, consistently good on both servers and the combat/skill changes have pretty much passed me by.

Other players' playstyles will have different results performance-wise, I wouldn't under-estimate that by any means. However, it takes all sorts to populate a MMO and each playstyle experience is equally valid. Some may consider me a casual player, but I take the view that as I have stuck solidly with the game for 5 years across two accounts while they come and go on one account with every little change or hiccup (or even more substantial performance issue) then they're probably more casual than me :wink: !

I realised at launch that this was going to be my main MMORPG home for years to come, but not my only MMORPG or CRPG, and so it has proved to be. As such I hold subscriptions on two accounts and anticipate being here for years to come, although at my advanced age the gods may dictate how long that turns out to be rather than ZOS or me :wink: !
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My time spent here, since March 2014, has been very enlightening. I now know to simply avoid mmo's and other games that're being developed/monetized in a similar manner.
    Edited by Ri_Khan on December 5, 2019 6:06PM
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there's a lot of bad blood between the players, and ZoS. But I passed the 7k hours mark a few days ago, and it made me think of how far I've gotten. I've championed more than a handful of characters, and made/deleted more than I could ever remember. I've made, and lost countless friends thanks to the game, and have countless more fond memories. Though the game is a broken merry go round, having major ups and downs, all while running mostly in circles, there is a lot of hard work put into it, not only by developers, but also players. As of making this post, I'm for once in a really happy mood, instead of my usual super depressed state. That being said, I hope that everyone reading this has a fantastic day/night, and that regardless of it's faults, has enjoyed ESO in some capacity, and I thank you personally for being a part of my favorite game.

It's nice to see a positive post on these forums for a change.

But that being said, I am not in a position to experience the plethora of disappointments others are experiencing.

I don't PvP, I rarely use Group Finder, I hardly ever do dungeons or trials... I just play my main and 17 alts for the fun of class diversity and overland content. Each of my 18 characters are unique in their own build or gear.

As I do not partake in more complex experiences with the game, I rarely have any technical issues. I've been playing since early beta, and I think I might have crashed to desktop maybe 5 times in all these years.

I'm not trying to take away from people with legitimate issues. But I am someone who is pretty happy with the aspects of the game I choose to engage with. As limited as those aspects are.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just ask that they stop trying to balance PvP and PvE and expect good results.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely, since beta <3 The odd hiccup here and there have a hard time fazing me. I'm Home, in good and bad.

Edit: Wait! I already said that i thought it was a new thread! :D
    Edited by InaMoonlight on December 5, 2019 11:31AM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been pretty good casual fun. Will play it when it gets out of alpha and the properly working and polished production version is released.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To sum up the last year:
    Lizards, Cats, Weird Lizards, Cats, Awesome Cats, PVP rage, PVP Joy, PVP sadness, Cats, PVP Cats?, Sadness PVP cats are not a thing, Stabbed a whole bunch of people, Fished, DRAGONS!, Ow now they hurt, DRAGONS!, Cats.
    Lizards ? You mean Argonians ? Murkmire was released last year, October 22, 2018 to be exact....
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stories, NPCS, and the zones themselves are great. The variety of things to do is great. The game does need a better and more interesting character system. its missing a lot of features that have been standard on MMOs for more than a decade. It has quite a few bugs.

But it also has a lot of potential. Its the series ( played 4 of 5 of the TES games) that brought me here. The stories, NPCs, and zones that lured me in, and hope that keeps me here.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty terrible recently tbh. Console servers are such a mess
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one year of ESO experience, but so far I can say it has been very pleasant. I didn't have any requirements other than I wanted to have a good time, and I got that. Of course there are the bugs and loading times and whatnot, but it hasn't made the game unplayable for me