Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

roll dodge bug in pvp

Reyleigh
Reyleigh
✭✭✭
Sometimes (dire situations) when i try to roll dodge to escape the enemies, i roll towards them.... It starteed happening a few days ago, is that only me ?
I use ALT for roll dodge and yeah the double tap is not activated
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest more information.

First, server and platform is most important. Maybe even campaign name or BG. Also, what are you doing when you press the keybind for roll dodge and what direction are you expecting to roll dodge in?.

There is a point to the questions and I do not want to lead towards the answer when I say what are you doing and what are you expecting but you are either only pressing ALT or you are pressing something else at the same time.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reyleigh wrote: »
    Sometimes (dire situations) when i try to roll dodge to escape the enemies, i roll towards them.... It starteed happening a few days ago, is that only me ?

Yes. It's a bug that's been around for a long time. Somehow, when lots of people fighting in close proximity, dodge roll goes exactly the opposite direction you intended. For instance, you double tap W to dodge roll forward, but the effect is as though you double tapped S to dodge backward.

This bug been around since inception....but it's very low on the severity scale since it doesn't happen that often....at least not to the majority/not yet.
  • Reyleigh
    Reyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I would suggest more information.

First, server and platform is most important. Maybe even campaign name or BG. Also, what are you doing when you press the keybind for roll dodge and what direction are you expecting to roll dodge in?.

There is a point to the questions and I do not want to lead towards the answer when I say what are you doing and what are you expecting but you are either only pressing ALT or you are pressing something else at the same time.

Playing on PC, it happened only in BG for now but i akmost never play on cyro (at least not recently)
    What i do is walk/run forward and then press ALT to put a distance between my assaillants and me while avoiding their ranged attacks, except when i do that my char rolls backwards, getting closer to said enemies
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Reyleigh wrote: »

Yes. It's a bug that's been around for a long time. Somehow, when lots of people fighting in close proximity, dodge roll goes exactly the opposite direction you intended. For instance, you double tap W to dodge roll forward, but the effect is as though you double tapped S to dodge backward.

This bug been around since inception....but it's very low on the severity scale since it doesn't happen that often....at least not to the majority/not yet.

ok, really weird because i've been playing BG for a while and it's only become noticeable recently...