The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Overload Heavy Attack

Alienoutlaw
Alienoutlaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
over load heavy attack has a glitch that keeps the animation running continuously causing very slow movement speed and unresponsive controls, reload UI does not clear the issue so have to log out and log back in, have tested it several times and always the same response PC-EU PvP
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are alot different bugs with overload happening right now, give it a patch, im sure we will have a new set of bugs.

for heavy attacks:
    -losing weapons
    -regaining weapons at high ult
    -perma movement slow
    -stacking animation with noise
    -loss of ticks
    -double ticks
    -enter/exit sometimes has no animation or does not happen
    -stuck casting heavy attack during exit
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw the animation being stuck and the movement slow dont cause each other, it is from the game thinking that you never finished the overload heavy and the animation failed to go off.
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭
    this bug still exists and is giving me a lot of trouble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ZtkuJQrLw
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem for me
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    I get stuck in heavy overload attack at least once per session. Also sometimes the light attack wont fire and that happens quite a bit. Please fix it is very annoying!!
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    possible self help is let ulti build up and fire it again sometimes clears it
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    Yea I've ran four parses so far no change
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll make a new vid tomorrow explaining everything I've found about the bugs with OL Heavy.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw @Icarus42 @huhjun1978 @horizonxael

Alright here is my compiled notes and testing. I have also included clips of the bugs happening in game play. Question marks are things that are still not proven. ???????. Problem is that this bug most likely won't be fixed anytime soon. Unless a lot of people start abusing it, which is why I have not told anyone how to do it for the past few months. I am 100% certain if it reaches that point, zos will probably issue bans for the number of times someone interacts with the bug.(It wouldn't surprise me if I got banned and ghosted as well knowing how zos handled bugs like this in the past). I have reported these bugs in the past, but as far as I can tell zos probs still does not know about it, or it is just not a concern.
    enter Double hit bug =?????get one tick OL heavy + dodge (sometimes active upon login)
    {
    lose weapons = get one tickworth and heavy hit a target

enter snare bug = get one tickworth and heavy hit a target
    = get two tickworth and heavy a target

leave snare bug = dodge on the tick of a heavy hitting a target {timing intense}
    = heavy 1 tickworth hitting no target

Double heavy = atleast 2 tick worth, can only do one double per refresh
    {refresh: run out OL, or heavy and hit no target}

stack Animation = snared get one tickworth heavy dodge {timing intense}
    = get two tickworth and heavy a target

Lose Animations = teleport to new zone
    = relog

regain weapons = ??????no snare appears at high ult

}
    exit Double hit bug =?????(regain weapon, high ult then tap heavy, then hold heavy)
    =?????(seems to be attached to using alot of ult possibly?)
    Testing/Explaination Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSTOJRG3qI&feature=youtu.be
    BG Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-p5Hv9tjzU&feature=youtu.be
    Short BG Clip
    https://gyazo.com/6de37454c696d14108a9d6d0fa8f6643
    Enemy View and How it Appears on a Death Recap (Sorry Mursie, but this is a perfect example)
    https://gyazo.com/846dded7ac77bc7c39e8f71d8d579ed4
    https://gyazo.com/57aec34f9dee083b4b9482b9f1641593
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its the overload heavy attack + dodge roll that results in stuck animation. It also coupled with a slow effect as well, disabling sprint ,minor and major expedition. The only way I can get rid of it is to log. Have not tried building back up ultimate and refiring the heavy attack though, will try that.
    Thanks for the info MincVinyl!
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Icarus42
    Yeah essentially the only thing I am unsure of is how to stop the overarching bug from happening at all. Otherwise if you plan on using OL heavy at all, you should practice on the PTS how to deal with the snare bug. I would avoid testing this stuff on live since zos will probs ban whoever interacts with the bug based on how many times you interact with it. Also I reccomend reporting it in game just to be safe.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    There are alot different bugs with overload happening right now, give it a patch, im sure we will have a new set of bugs.

There is no doubt in my mind that you are correct. For what it is worth, I can remember when Overload worked flawlessly, until some time around or after the hasty hatchet hack to produce One Tamriel was effected and released. After some change was made to Overload subsequently, that Ultimate has usually had at least one bug at any given time. Sometimes Overload has remained basically unusable, or seriously crippled, for several weeks or months at a time.

There was a time during which Overload worked as it was originally designed to work when I began playing TESO. But after yet another round of "improvements" to the character Skills sets, yet another problem was introduced. Eventually I stopped bothering to report them. Because, whether ZOS would -- sooner or later (usually later) -- correct it has never guaranteed that they would not break some other aspect of Overload while doing so.

For example, during a recent fight with a dragon in Northern Elsweyr, my "Lightning Sorc" could not make a heavy attack at all while using the Overload ultimate. That is, holding the Left Mouse Button down instead of pressing and releasing it immediately -- a Light Attack -- repeatedly displayed the animation for a Light Attack.

Nonetheless, while the LMB was held down, I noticed that Magicka would begin to be restored more rapidly than it normally would be. (I am not sure whether Stamina and/or Health restoration were also accelerated.)

IIRC, there was also some uncertainty as to which Ability Bar was displayed while my character used Overload. Three abilities of the five which I selected for the Overload bar are the same as for the normal secondary ability bar, but the other two were not displayed on the Overload bar. When I attempted to use one that was not displayed, nothing happened (which is why I glanced at the bar and discovered that ability was missing). In the chaos and heat of combat, I had no idea which Ability Bar was displayed instead. I just used the abilities which I saw on it with a brief glance and no time for further examination.

Perhaps I had unintentionally used the key-bind to swap from the first normal bar to the second normal bar (or to swap vice-versa). But that key-bind should be disabled while Overload is in progress. After Overload begins, pressing the key bound to execute that ultimate ability cancels it, and should return to the ability bar that was in use when Overload was initiated. Regardless of why the ability bar was incorrect, Overload was definitely in progress. ....

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi