The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

It’s time for a One Tamriel 2.0

Urvoth
Urvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
The game has been on a downwards spiral since Elsweyr with players and guilds disappearing all over. Probably 50-70% of the regular high mmr BG population from a year ago is gone, a bunch of the high end PvErs I knew have quit or barely play, and entire guilds have vanished. At this rate, another mediocre DLC or two will likely be the final nail for even more players, and even if performance is somehow fixed and balance/class identity is improved, it might not be enough.

It’s time for ESO to have a massive One Tamriel 2.0 style update to put the game back on track. Performance needs to be DRASTICALLY improved, class identity, balance, and trial group compositions need to be sorted out, tons of bugs need to be fixed, group finder needs to work, and we need some INNOVATIVE and fresh content instead of copy pasta trial, dungeon, and arena mechanics.

Other games get new systems, new game mechanics, new races, new PvP arenas and gamemodes, new actual raids with more than 3 bosses and less copy pasta mechanics, new zone designs where your progression through zones actually does something and means something, etc. ESO doesn’t need to have all of this or copy other games, but it does need to be adding to and improving the game each year, and the non-substantive, copy pasta **** that was Year of the Dragon just doesn’t cut it. The last time we had an actual new content system was BGs in Morrowind, and the last game system was over a year ago with Summerset. Dragons could’ve been cool, but they ended up just being a reskinned dolmen. ZOS, please don’t let the Year of the Dragon be the year ESO died.

Next patch seems to be the line for a lot of players I’ve talked to, so hopefully ZOS will release something good.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    The game has been on a downwards spiral since Elsweyr with players and guilds disappearing all over. Probably 50-70% of the regular high mmr BG population from a year ago is gone, a bunch of the high end PvErs I knew have quit or barely play, and entire guilds have vanished. At this rate, another mediocre DLC or two will likely be the final nail for even more players, and even if performance is somehow fixed and balance/class identity is improved, it might not be enough.

It’s time for ESO to have a massive One Tamriel 2.0 style update to put the game back on track. Performance needs to be DRASTICALLY improved, class identity, balance, and trial group compositions need to be sorted out, tons of bugs need to be fixed, group finder needs to work, and we need some INNOVATIVE and fresh content instead of copy pasta trial, dungeon, and arena mechanics.

Other games get new systems, new game mechanics, new races, new PvP arenas and gamemodes, new actual raids with more than 3 bosses and less copy pasta mechanics, new zone designs where your progression through zones actually does something and means something, etc. ESO doesn’t need to have all of this or copy other games, but it does need to be adding to and improving the game each year, and the non-substantive, copy pasta **** that was Year of the Dragon just doesn’t cut it. The last time we had an actual new content system was BGs in Morrowind, and the last game system was over a year ago with Summerset. Dragons could’ve been cool, but they ended up just being a reskinned dolmen. ZOS, please don’t let the Year of the Dragon be the year ESO died.

Next patch seems to be the line for a lot of players I’ve talked to, so hopefully ZOS will release something good.

All that sounds amazing. Well I dunno about more races, but Im not opposed to it. But also rated Arenas.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I have never seen guilds disappear, nor did anyone I know quit at any point. I personally slowed down on BGs a bit because not only do I not really need the EXP anymore but I'm not geared for it and don't feel like hindering any teams. I don't see what a specific small section of PvP has to do with the game population as a whole. I'm still loving it.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Zos had just started a plan to improve performance of the game and were addressing class identity. Zos is also in the middle of a major combat overhaul which would have an effect on trial group composition though Zos has control over that beyond combat changes.

ofc, I have no idea what that has to do with 1T and as such seems to have nothing to do with a 1t 2.0.

I expect much of the exodus of players we have seen is due to change fatigue. I know some raiders that left before this combat overhaul due to change fatigue and the current plan is on steroids and is taking to long due to poor planning and oversight by management. OP does not even address that.

Interestingly, we might see the first increase in player numbers for November over last year which would be the first month that has happened July. The past thee months have all shown a decline over the same month last year via Steam Charts. Granted, that is limited information but it is the only information we have and is a valid source.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I have never seen guilds disappear, nor did anyone I know quit at any point. I personally slowed down on BGs a bit because not only do I not really need the EXP anymore but I'm not geared for it and don't feel like hindering any teams. I don't see what a specific small section of PvP has to do with the game population as a whole. I'm still loving it.

The OP is clearly referring to endgame, both PVP and PVE. If you're using Battlegrounds for XP and "don't have the gear yet," their post wasn't necessarily referring to your demographic.
    idk wrote: »
    I thought Zos had just started a plan to improve performance of the game and were addressing class identity. Zos is also in the middle of a major combat overhaul which would have an effect on trial group composition though Zos has control over that beyond combat changes.

ofc, I have no idea what that has to do with 1T and as such seems to have nothing to do with a 1t 2.0.

I expect much of the exodus of players we have seen is due to change fatigue. I know some raiders that left before this combat overhaul due to change fatigue and the current plan is on steroids and is taking to long due to poor planning and oversight by management. OP does not even address that.

Interestingly, we might see the first increase in player numbers for November over last year which would be the first month that has happened July. The past thee months have all shown a decline over the same month last year via Steam Charts. Granted, that is limited information but it is the only information we have and is a valid source.

I think the problem with the current plan is it's taking place slowly over time, with wild meta shifts occurring simultaneously with bit-by-bit "performance improvements," creating a general feeling that ZoS is rather directionless and muddling through a rough period for the game, especially with regards to performance. It's for this reason that I dig the OP's idea of a "one Tamriel 2.0", where ZoS quietly works on a lot of these features then release them in one big update. Instead of having piecemeal changes that bring rounds upon rounds of intermittent crippling bugs and performance issues, make it a large, game re-defining update where all that pain can be experienced at once, instead of releasing "matchmaking improvements" which cause 12-man teams to be placed in BGs for no apparent reason.

In addition, an update of that nature, especially with performance at the center of it, would generate massive hype and lure lapsed players back. I think it's a solid idea.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some of what you're saying, but unfortunately, the copy and paste style won't change until they fix performance, identity, and balance. They have made strides this year for balance and give class identity, but it's not something that will be fixed overnight and it's going to take some time. Once those two things are fixed, it will open the door to new races, classes, and skill lines.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP is clearly referring to endgame, both PVP and PVE. If you're using Battlegrounds for XP and "don't have the gear yet," their post wasn't necessarily referring to your demographic.

I think the problem with the current plan is it's taking place slowly over time, with wild meta shifts occurring simultaneously with bit-by-bit "performance improvements," creating a general feeling that ZoS is rather directionless and muddling through a rough period for the game, especially with regards to performance. It's for this reason that I dig the OP's idea of a "one Tamriel 2.0", where ZoS quietly works on a lot of these features then release them in one big update. Instead of having piecemeal changes that bring rounds upon rounds of intermittent crippling bugs and performance issues, make it a large, game re-defining update where all that pain can be experienced at once, instead of releasing "matchmaking improvements" which cause 12-man teams to be placed in BGs for no apparent reason.

In addition, an update of that nature, especially with performance at the center of it, would generate massive hype and lure lapsed players back. I think it's a solid idea.

Didn't I say Zos is taking to long with this combat overhaul? I assume you are replying to agree with me.

Beyond that you're 2.0 is vague and without definition. 1T served a good purpose but was not the only thing that update. Change because one thinks it is good for the game does not seem to be a good purpose. Further, have you read the statement from Rich concerning the activity finder recent issues with server performance? I ask since your focus seems to be on an issue with the activity finder.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any actual facts in that first paragraph or all just conjecture?

Although I agree that there need to be significant performance upgrades and fast. There’s not a great deal of point in doing anything other than tired reskins if the performance doesn’t improve.

ZOS’s issue is, do they have the time and ability to make these changes before the next full on marketing drive.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A game has not reached EoL until it stops making a profit. This one still makes a profit. You will know when it no longer makes a profit because they will stop investing money in it. They wont make a ESO 2 until this reaches EoL because then they would be competing with themselves.

They might have started to unofficially on an ESO 2 by looking at lore, picking a time period they want it set in and the very basics. But it wont make it much pass an outline phase before this one is getting near EOL and its not. Even if things go south from here, ESO has another couple of years in it at least. This is more likely a trough. If numbers are declining they are likely to put more focus on improvements than new stuff since its obvious the lack of attention in these areas is now driving people away.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this ^
    exactly
    well said
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I’m not sure how people doing BGs for XP are remotely relevant what I’m talking about, nor do I comprehend how you feel justified in talking about BGs if you aren’t even geared for them. I wasn’t talking specifically about BGs, but that was one illustration used, in conjunction with others, to demonstrate the poor state of the game.

As a casual player, you’re really only going to be aware of the casual guilds that are probably going to be around casually doing content till the servers shut down.

Edited by Urvoth on November 26, 2019 6:48PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Any actual facts in that first paragraph or all just conjecture?

Although I agree that there need to be significant performance upgrades and fast. There’s not a great deal of point in doing anything other than tired reskins if the performance doesn’t improve.

ZOS’s issue is, do they have the time and ability to make these changes before the next full on marketing drive.

Steam charts are the only hard metric we have available, and those have been decreasing. From a personal perspective, which most of the first paragraph was based on, a lot of guilds and players are gone. 6-12 months ago there was a much healthier sized pvp and high end pve population, and now those numbers have gone down. From a casual and newer player perspective, this probably isn’t noticeable, but it certainly is for someone who has been at and known people at the high end of both.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    The past year for ESO has not only been lackluster, but harmful to the overall game and their playerbase. I’ve personally witnessed multiple high end pve and pvp guilds disappearing and moving on to other games. What reason does anybody have to stick with ESO outside of being a massive casual? The performance is in shambles with ZOS having to cancel multiple in-game events that some of us spent months looking forward to. They pander to questers and people complaining on the forums to nerf everything into the ground. Class identity is nearly nonexistent; it’s all the same buffs/damage/dots with different colors and animations. On top of all of this, they are making sweeping balance changes with little to no explanation. This leaves hardcore and casual players alike in a state of confusion, and further reinforces the idea that ZOS is lacking in any solid plan or direction.

With that being said, it’s glaringly obvious to me that a major overhaul is long overdue. ZOS is trying to fix their dying game with bandaids instead of looking at the bigger picture. Their resources are spread thin trying to fix performance and balance their game and at this point, they’re in over their heads. There is no direction, road map or innovation because they’re overwhelmed with the current state of things. We need new systems, pvp game modes, races or something but it’s unwise to add this on to an already weak structure. The game is barely running at this point with how abysmal performance is.

At this point unless you’re a quester, housing enthusiast, role player or somebody who merely plays on a casual level to do their dailies then ESO is no longer your game. There is nothing worthwhile left for us with ambitions outside of achievement hunting. I do love ESO as a game, there is so much potential for more to be done. I hope ZOS can see this but at this point, the game is no longer worth my time or money.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

Didn't I say Zos is taking to long with this combat overhaul? I assume you are replying to agree with me.

Beyond that you're 2.0 is vague and without definition. 1T served a good purpose but was not the only thing that update. Change because one thinks it is good for the game does not seem to be a good purpose. Further, have you read the statement from Rich concerning the activity finder recent issues with server performance? I ask since your focus seems to be on an issue with the activity finder.

It's not just the combat overhaul, it's the performance optimization as well. My point is to release these all at once after a period of extended testing, instead of doing it piecemeal where every iteration brings with it massive bugs, broken queues, and persistent crashes, not to mention awkward meta swings, all of which serve to demoralize the upper-middle to endgame crowds.

Rich can say what he wants about the group finder, but it breaks nearly every event. Instead of saying they have a hotfix, releasing it, and breaking it in a slightly different way, actually take time to do things and keep the plebs happy with clown store items until ZoS gets it's ducks in a row and launches a sweeping update similar but not identical to One Tamriel. That rebranding arguably saved the game, and it's time for another refresh.

Also, before we get into Steam charts, those numbers are easily manipulated because ESO has been on sale pretty much all month with numerous f2p weekends. Most people don't even use them, and those being the "only numbers we have" make those statistics all the more vulnerable to manipulation. That being said, I don't believe the game is in death throes at all, just a period of stagnation, hence the call for a large-scale refresh.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just the combat overhaul, it's the performance optimization as well. My point is to release these all at once after a period of extended testing, instead of doing it piecemeal where every iteration brings with it massive bugs, broken queues, and persistent crashes, not to mention awkward meta swings, all of which serve to demoralize the upper-middle to endgame crowds.

1T was neither of these things. It was merely a change to the level structure of the game. OP's "idea" is without form or structure. It merely suggests change and at that is really just a complaint.

Rich can say what he wants about the group finder, but it breaks nearly every event. Instead of saying they have a hotfix, releasing it, and breaking it in a slightly different way, actually take time to do things and keep the plebs happy with clown store items until ZoS gets it's ducks in a row and launches a sweeping update similar but not identical to One Tamriel. That rebranding arguably saved the game, and it's time for another refresh.

OP's idea does nothing to change this. Do not like what Rich had to say, eating crow, providing some of the most detailed information to date then oh well.

I say that as the person who called him out on this a few weeks ago. I bumped his thread from last year which got it a lot of activity and it is now closed.

Also, before we get into Steam charts, those numbers are easily manipulated because ESO has been on sale pretty much all month with numerous f2p weekends. Most people don't even use them, and those being the "only numbers we have" make those statistics all the more vulnerable to manipulation. That being said, I don't believe the game is in death throes at all, just a period of stagnation, hence the call for a large-scale refresh.

Not so much. While a sale can affect it, long term that is not the case. Considering the past few years almost every month except for the past three have shown a growth over the same month the previous year. That is very hard to manipulate. The information is also much more valid than anything you have provided here.

No offense. While I do not think many, if any, of us have been thrilled with the game recently, vague meaningless calls for change are really saying nothing other than we are not happy.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't completely revamp the stat/gear/buff/healing system and revamped the way combat works, so it isn't this glitchy mess where it feels like you have to exploit game flaws to play effectively and developers have promoted those flaws to features - the game will stay broken and no amount of patching will ever make the pieces come together.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on November 26, 2019 9:55PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1T was neither of these things. It was merely a change to the level structure of the game. OP's "idea" is without form or structure. It merely suggests change and at that is really just a complaint.

Having a structured and formulaic response to the current situation was not the intent of the post. It's merely to shed light on some of the current problems and to highlight that a big update is needed to put things back on track.

OP's idea does nothing to change this. Do not like what Rich had to say, eating crow, providing some of the most detailed information to date then oh well.

I say that as the person who called him out on this a few weeks ago. I bumped his thread from last year which got it a lot of activity and it is now closed.

What? This wasn't a thread designed to specifically talk about the activity finder. It's only one of a host of issues and there are already plenty of threads talking about it.

No offense. While I do not think many, if any, of us have been thrilled with the game recently, vague meaningless calls for change are really saying nothing other than we are not happy.

Why are the calls for change meaningless?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Truth is ZOS has been cutting corners for years lol

Cyrodiil being neglected completely up until the changes to damaging bridges and the new outposts but thats all theres been in 5 years lol its ridiculous

ESO could have had a PVP system out of this world and would have been a huge MMO/PVP attraction just on Cyrodiil alone and the potential it had.
    Unforunately servers and performance was simply not up for it and ZOS themselves were not up for it. ALWAYS trying to appeal to the PVE crowd with pretty much every single DLC being PVE related.

The open space and size of Cyrodiil and the copy paste design of the keeps were big flaws that were never adressed.

Can you imagine taking a real keep? With a dungeon beneath, 4-5+ floors and the flag being right at the top, various forms of siege weapons and strategy, battles that can be over 100 people but with great performance?

Thats the alliance war we wanted but never got
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who plays ESO and WoW, the main reason I play ESO more often these days is because of the huge variety of game play styles it accommodates. I can solo quest, farm delves or dolmens or dragons, run dungeons, do pledges, etc. I don't do trials, RP, PvP or BG's but if I wanted to they are there for me to participate in. Sometimes I just want to run around killing citizens and looting their homes all day long, and ESO is just fine with that, too.

I suppose that I am a bit confused as to what some of you are really asking for from ZOS when it comes to the design of the game. The vibe I get from some of these responses is that there is a growing rift in the community between players whose primary focus is on high level PvP or end-game content, and those who enjoy some of the other, less demanding activities I mentioned above. When I first started in Beta and then live, I was pretty frustrated with the 5-button combat system, but now, I appreciate the fact that I can have one bar for shock staff and AoE and another for fire staff and single-target and not have to juggle the twenty-odd ability and skill buttons that currently make up my WoW UI action bars on my ret/prot pally.

I don't think it is a bad idea at all to refresh certain aspects of the combat system -- whether that's abilities/skills, flow, balancing power, or whatever -- but I don't want to see the game become more complex in an effort to target the highest-skilled players. Obviously, it would be nice to have new mechanics and such, but I fear that ESO will fall into the same problem that WoW developed, where raid fight bosses go from three or four mechanics in the original content to the current
    raids with ultra-complex timing- and position-based mechanics where a single misstep or failure to perform your class's ability priorities at an optimum level will result in terrible DPS/HPS, a complete raid wipe or instant death.

I have only started using the group finder lately and it seems to work well, so I can't really offer much of an opinion there.

Have a pleasant evening & thanks for playing ESO, no matter how you play it. The community really sets this game apart from every other MMO out there and I hope that it does not risk breaking up.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    As someone who plays ESO and WoW, the main reason I play ESO more often these days is because of the huge variety of game play styles it accommodates. I can solo quest, farm delves or dolmens or dragons, run dungeons, do pledges, etc. I don't do trials, RP, PvP or BG's but if I wanted to they are there for me to participate in. Sometimes I just want to run around killing citizens and looting their homes all day long, and ESO is just fine with that, too.

I suppose that I am a bit confused as to what some of you are really asking for from ZOS when it comes to the design of the game. The vibe I get from some of these responses is that there is a growing rift in the community between players whose primary focus is on high level PvP or end-game content, and those who enjoy some of the other, less demanding activities I mentioned above. When I first started in Beta and then live, I was pretty frustrated with the 5-button combat system, but now, I appreciate the fact that I can have one bar for shock staff and AoE and another for fire staff and single-target and not have to juggle the twenty-odd ability and skill buttons that currently make up my WoW UI action bars on my ret/prot pally.

I don't think it is a bad idea at all to refresh certain aspects of the combat system -- whether that's abilities/skills, flow, balancing power, or whatever -- but I don't want to see the game become more complex in an effort to target the highest-skilled players. Obviously, it would be nice to have new mechanics and such, but I fear that ESO will fall into the same problem that WoW developed, where raid fight bosses go from three or four mechanics in the original content to the current
    raids with ultra-complex timing- and position-based mechanics where a single misstep or failure to perform your class's ability priorities at an optimum level will result in terrible DPS/HPS, a complete raid wipe or instant death.

I have only started using the group finder lately and it seems to work well, so I can't really offer much of an opinion there.

Have a pleasant evening & thanks for playing ESO, no matter how you play it. The community really sets this game apart from every other MMO out there and I hope that it does not risk breaking up.

ESO has always been really good at accommodating that casual and chill playstyle, and it probably always will. Having random fun things to do is nice and even super hardcore players enjoy having more relaxing things to fall back on. The main problem is that ESO is extremely lazy/apathetic/uninterested when it comes to supporting their more tryhard/serious/hardcore player base. This section of the community is the one that is most affected by bugs, bad performance, sweeping meta shifts, lack of end game content updates for both pvp and pve, etc.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Agreed
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a dealer sold you a car that rarely runs correctly and employed mechanics that could not fix it, would you return to that dealer to purchase another one?
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prospect of seeing two small zones with a string of 10-12 storyline quests in each per year, makes me feel like not bothering with the game in the time between the releases. Plus the fact that there will be no challenge or any difference in the gameplay or new skills, i feel almost like quitting definitely. Which is sad, because I like the game a lot. I've just hit 870cp but I've seen people up to 1300...

My guild used to run trials everyweek, now not so much, reducing even more my interest. ESO need a true engaging storyline such as Molag Bal's story in vanilla or the Morrowind-ClockworkCity-Summerset. Something big. We need to advance the time and cover the events of the original Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, to give a sense of progression. At this point it looks literally that we stopped in time.

Once you reach cp810, all sense of progression is gone.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    farm dolmens, delves, dragons, solo quest. yawn.. I can't think of anything more boring to do other than that along with fishing. The real fun is when you do trials and pvp which none work properly due to performance isssues with bad class balance and poor gear diversity. A game is successful when you gain serious competitive players.
    Edited by Kalante on November 27, 2019 5:59PM
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teso is like a "Groundhog Day" film - you wake up, you enter the game and see that everything are the same. For years.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    farm dolmens, delves, dragons, solo quest. yawn.. I can't think of anything more boring to do other than that along with fishing. The real fun is when you do trials and pvp which none work properly due to performance isssues with bad class balance and poor gear diversity. A game is successful when you gain serious competitive players.

Agreed wholeheartedly. But if you listen to some players in this thread, it's okay that the game stagnates and hemorrhages endgame players because the Steam charts might tick up one month after consistently losing players for a whole quarter and Rich Lambert whined on stream.
    Not so much. While a sale can affect it, long term that is not the case. Considering the past few years almost every month except for the past three have shown a growth over the same month the previous year. That is very hard to manipulate. The information is also much more valid than anything you have provided here.

Nothing in here has been vague or meaningless, but I'll break it down for you because you seem hellbent on defending this game's lack of progress:

Cease releasing piecemeal "performance updates" (which only seem to break more things as they're being implemented one at a time) and drastic meta changes for a quarter or so, and build hype for a general refresh *akin* (note, this does not mean we're asking for One Tamriel over again, it's a comparison to the rebranding effort that accompanied it) to One Tamriel after an extended period of testing. Testing all the dev team-outlined optimizations and enhancements should take a long time, and not the general three-week testing they usually host. This isn't vague, because all those improvements have been outlined by the devs themselves. The meta part might be considered vague, but there's no reason to shift the meta wildly every three months (keeping things fresh? usually it just causes dissatisfaction) and have a nice shift in six months instead, with all the performance improvements in tow. Once again, not vague, nor meaningless.

Once again, I'm still not sure how you consider this concept to be vague and meaningless. Performance improvements would literally save this game, as performance is the weakest at the high end, when players have been building and refining their character to complete the game's hardest content. The devs themselves have acknowledged this, but they've botched the roll-out of every improvement and enhancement thus far, while server performance continues to degrade. No amount of vague and meaningless content will bring lapsed players back. Fixing the systems they fell in love with, both PvE and PvP, will bring them back in droves.
    Edited by Nirnroot420 on November 27, 2019 6:46PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they can't just copy things from other MMOs even if that would be very awesome. I would like jumping puzzles from GW2 but then what? everyone will say it's a copy and will generate more hate. I would like wow's 2v2 or 3v3 ranked arena styles with dampening effect, but again it'll be just a copy and they could be accused.

i don't want more lands. I want current lands to be overhauled with stuff, like Craglorn. Make every map another Craglorn? it wouldn't do it, and here i go back to GW2 with random events. I am not sure they need something innovative to implement, this game is mostly for collectors, furnishers, rushers, check the box type of people.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would certainly generate hype here and the MMO community at large. The sad reality is I doubt they have the staff to do anything near as ambitious based on how long it’s taking to resolve game crippling issues.
    Edited by wild_kmacdb16_ESO on November 27, 2019 7:39PM
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    I like ESO. Love the content.

But combat, healing, buffing, stats and everything just being out of control ruins gameplay. The combat itself is a glitchy mess where you light weave and animation cancel - to the rythm of random lag. Just horrible combat and gameplay balance. Not referring to class balance, but the way the core of the game is designed with damage, healing, buffs and stacking stuff.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol nirn. I merely pointed out 6974 previous comments were off base. Was not defending the game as a whole. Your tangent that you follows how with certainly diverged and makes no sense in terms of an ESO 2.0.

Regardless, I think it makes sense for Zos to do the performance improvements as they can roll them out vs holding off for a year to do them all at once. Granted, as I’ve said before, these issues should it have been allowed to fester and get this bad beforeZos started taking action. Heck, the GF issues were ignored for a year before Zos even acknowledged their first fix attempt didn’t work.

So if people want Zos to wait another year so they can do all the performance work at once or somehow think an ESO 2.0 will make everything better then that’s their prerogative. I am tired of waiting.
    Edited by idk on November 29, 2019 8:01AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "INNOVATIVE" and "Other games" in one post...

But ok...

- Bigger chapters please. I am fine to pay more for larger stroy arcs
    - Make delves solo again please and let us earn some keys and transmute crystals in them
    - The undaunted solo delve mission rewards one token. n token can buy a mask.

- Make it impossible to steal scrolls while there is no population online aka at night. Scale the gate keep guards or whatever is needed to stop this. Give those in unfortunate timezones a different quest/work to fill their playtime.
    -
    - patch all resource towers:

Square, no platform. Bring back falling damage to Cyrodiil. The towers are the worst meme supporting structure atm. Borderline disgusting tbh. They should be mini keeps but without the staircase mania and without the possibility to jump down and survive it. Not even bosmer !

2737019_9ae94568.jpg