The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird patch manifest problem/fix

Kolzki
Kolzki
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been trying to fix the problem below:
qwxg7pn4p5u2.png

I followed instructions on a few forum threads to reinstall the launcher, unblock ports on the router and other things having seen my router apparently blocking connections from the launcher. Eventually the cause/solution turned our to be quite strange and one that I haven't seen reported elsewhere.

The ISP provided router that I'm using has a default setting to display a welcome web page for new connections that prompts to setup their software/parental controls etc. While searching for a solution I noticed the welcome page pop up a couple of times instead of the web pages i was searching for, which got me thinking. I disabled the welcome page in the router's settings, restarted the launcher and everything worked.

The problem and fix are reproducible. With the router's welcome page activated the eso launcher fails to connect to the server. Presumably the ISP jumps in with an "install our bloatware" web page and the launcher then displays a patch manifest error and prompts to repair the installation. It's possible that this could happen on other connections that display a welcome web page.