The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Templar help due to changes in game.

Steelriver
Steelriver
✭✭
So my question is about gear. For years i ran Soulshine with various other sets. Due to changes in the game it isn't doing me much good anymore. So i have Crafty Alfiq weapons, jewelry and light Julianos on right now with Chudans helm set. 47.5k magicka, 2703 SD, and 48% critt. That's with tri stat no buffs. I heal/dps a for a 3-5 man group probably 80% of the time, the rest i solo. I just would like to know if id do better with another Max magic set like Bright throat or Shackle-breaker in place of Julianos or what. I am open to any suggestions.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you are talking about PVP.

First off... on a templar, the mighty chudan set is a silly choice; your rune gives you major resolve plus extra resistances AND a ton of sustain. So switch chudan out and put rune on your bar. Use lord-warden in a group or bloodspawn solo if you really want to be so defensive.

Second... the buff from soulshine is nice for jabs and beam, but new moon acolyte is even stronger and applies to everything; with rune on your bar, you might not notice significant sustain issues. If you are a Breton, even better. If you don't want the extra cost on your abilities, then you might consider Innate Axiom. It is great on templar because most/all of your damage and healing skills are class skills.

for me i use spinner's and innate axiom when with a small group and spinner's and cyrodiil's light when solo. for monster i usually just stick with skoria for the burst.
  • Steelriver
    Steelriver
    ✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »
    I assume you are talking about PVP.

First off... on a templar, the mighty chudan set is a silly choice; your rune gives you major resolve plus extra resistances AND a ton of sustain. So switch chudan out and put rune on your bar. Use lord-warden in a group or bloodspawn solo if you really want to be so defensive.

Second... the buff from soulshine is nice for jabs and beam, but new moon acolyte is even stronger and applies to everything; with rune on your bar, you might not notice significant sustain issues. If you are a Breton, even better. If you don't want the extra cost on your abilities, then you might consider Innate Axiom. It is great on templar because most/all of your damage and healing skills are class skills.

for me i use spinner's and innate axiom when with a small group and spinner's and cyrodiil's light when solo. for monster i usually just stick with skoria for the burst.

Thanks. But thats the problem Soulshine doesn't work with jabs anymore. Yeah i have to be tanky and highly mobile i don't have room for rune on my bar or the ability to stay on it for those buffs. We usually are fighting 2 to 3 time our number. Thats why i wear Chudan its part of our gimmick i get targeted because i am a healer and basically kite while dps picks them off. It works for us. I have used Axiom and still use it while solo.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I am missing something, but Soulshine should still be applying to puncturing sweeps... cyrodiil's light does and it has same req's to proc. I thought the change to sweeps was it no longer gets buffed from DoT augments.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the PvP forum- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills you will get better answers there.

And sweeps is still 100% a channel, so soulshine ought to work on it.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 24, 2019 1:10AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d steer clear of brightthroat imo. I do not like it since they nerfed drinks.

I’d switch julianos for Transmutation and Chudan for bloodspawn. Transmutation is a healing set but ritual will apply it on your team making it great templar set.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently I run: Hybrid Magplar front bar buff/support dps - Back bar all healz
    5 piece Destruction Mastery all but helm and shoulders.
    Icehearts Helm and Shoulders
    Jewelry and staves all mothers sorrow, for 5 on that.

I will switch depending on the group, situational needs, if so:
    Ancient Grace jewelry and Masters Resto
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run Buffer of the Swift and Spinners with a VMA resto staff on the back bar. Has served me well.
    Playing since beta...