The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

dungeons questions

lurkin777
lurkin777
✭✭✭
I have just started to run the dungeons. The other players run through so fast it is hard to do the quests. I get to the end and it says to talk to someone or retrieve a torch but before I can complete the quest I get removed from the dungeon. If I go back the dungeon is reset and so is the quest and I can't complete the quest..

Is there a way to stop the removal so I can complete the quests?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. Unfortunately. The problem you refer to has been brought up before so ZOS is aware and increased the delay before you are ported out but probably not enough.

Here's a couple things you can try:

- Say at the beginning of the dungeon that you need the quest. No promises but plenty of players will take note of that and ensure they don't leave the dungeon without checking to see that you finished the quest. Unfortunately though, sometimes your request won't help.

- Try to form your own group via chat, or via a guild if you belong to one, of players that understand you need the quest and don't mind running at a pace to allow that.

Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 20, 2019 7:13PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They recently increased the timer so that you have 2 minutes to clean up the quests at the end.

Now, if you want to savor the story, and you should at least once, the Group Finder is not always going to be your preferred approach. Better is to go with a Guild or friends and take the dungeon slower. Sometimes a random group will slow down if you announce at the beginning that you are doing the quest, but not always.

Edited by Nestor on November 20, 2019 7:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you are doing Direfrost. That one you definitely need to tell the group you are doing the quest at the beginning as the torch brings out a boss. Fortunately, there are only a few quests in dungeons like this.

A lot of the base dungeons have skippable quest parts that once you get to the final boss, it will forget about those and act as if you completed them. Almost all of the DLC dungeons the quest just requires you to beat the dungeon.