Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Rosters.

xTAKISx
xTAKISx
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else's guild rosters showing people online when they are not, or is this a new maintenance patch feature?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a thread about this, I think-- something about quitting in-game rather than logging out to the character selection first and then quitting.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a new feature, gotcha
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that, too. In particular yesterday on PC EU at the time when changing zones took 10 minutes or more, the guilds seemed to be filled with characters who most likely weren't logged in anymore or perhaps they were stuck in an endless loading screen. Trying to port to them always gave the message "character not found". Their names were shown as online, but their level information was missing, so in a way they were half there.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably not supposed to be a "feature" at all.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know, sarcasm is hard to detect online.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    What can I say. It's late. I'm tired. *shrug* Meh.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it's a new feature that shows you as online if you're even thinking about ESO.

My sources say the next update will add another feature where your name also turns pink if you're thinking about ERP. Even if it's how much you hate ERP. >:)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenor.gif
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame. Everytime ZoS even looks into something to be fixed something else breaks. Incompetence? Training? Bad luck?
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »
    It's a shame. Everytime ZoS even looks into something to be fixed something else breaks. Incompetence? Training? Bad luck?

Spaghetti coding will do that.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok this is now getting way worse than it was...…..

I'm loathe to post screenshots because of all the names I would potentially need to scrub out BUT atm in two of my big trading guilds there are more "absent" people than those actually online!

It is now fairly obvious to me who the "false" online people are, those people show as online but the giveaway that they aren't is that in the roster their level/cp points do not show.

This is PC-EU ofc! :o
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Ok this is now getting way worse than it was...…..

I'm loathe to post screenshots because of all the names I would potentially need to scrub out BUT atm in two of my big trading guilds there are more "absent" people than those actually online!

It is now fairly obvious to me who the "false" online people are, those people show as online but the giveaway that they aren't is that in the roster their level/cp points do not show.

This is PC-EU ofc! :o

PC NA today, one friend (who normally plays only a couple of hours at a time) was online the entire 7 am to 4 pm I was myself. No level/cp. So it's not just EU this time.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 na still has this issue
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Pc na