Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't get why people say that es6 will be the death of eso

valkyrie93
valkyrie93
✭✭✭✭✭
i don't know about you but a big reason I play this game is because of the MMO aspect of it... a single player game can't replace the experience of an MMO even if it's the same series. I enjoy playing with my bf and my friends PLUS it's my favourite franchise (elder scrolls). It's these two things combined that make me want to log on. elder scrolls 6 will have a lot of hype but it won't kill the whole audience because some people don't like single player games (I do, and I will play es6, but that doesn't mean INSTEAD of eso.)

Now please fix your servers so I can actually play..

If anything will be the death of ESO it's the performance issues
Edited by valkyrie93 on November 19, 2019 10:16AM
PC EU
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say what? Please, tell me!

Oh, I have to open the thread and read the post to know what it's even about? What are thread titles for, then, just for clicking?
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we can all agree that TES6 will be its own death until fans patch it
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that TES6 will be its own death until fans patch it

This is SO true, as has been the case for most of the studios 25 year life...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can say anything...

I can also say I'm not optimistic about ES6, Bethesda has shown it hasn't been able to deliver a working game or promised features at launch lately, and ES6 killing ESO is a stretch by their current track record.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no single-player ES6 obviously. Not a chance. Best you can hope is MMORPG ES6 on Fallout 4 engine.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on November 19, 2019 10:20AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never heard people say it. You are first.
    Also, TES 6 has own rails. Single player, future story (ESO is past story) game.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    valkyrie93 wrote: »
    that es6 will be the death of eso... i don't know about you but a big reason I play this game is because of the MMO aspect of it... a single player game can't replace the experience of an MMO even if it's the same series. I enjoy playing with my bf and my friends PLUS it's my favourite franchise (elder scrolls). It's these two things combined that make me want to log on. elder scrolls 6 will have a lot of hype but it won't kill the whole audience because some people don't like single player games (I do, and I will play es6, but that doesn't mean INSTEAD of eso.)

Now please fix your servers so I can actually play..

If anything will be the death of ESO it's the performance issues

I think what people are simply saying is that BECAUSE of those very performance issues you mention (and various long-standing bugs. and persistent nerfaggedon), once that avenue to a new TES experience is open, a lot of folks are possibly gonna drop ESO like it's old 'n' busted in favor of the new hotness TES6.

And I think for many of those folks who are going to migrate away from this game, the MMO vs single-player paradigm is actually lower priority than it just being new TES.

I think the magnitude of that exodus will depend on how well TES6 is crafted. Word-of-mouth will spread fast.

• valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    never heard people say it. You are first.
    Also, TES 6 has own rails. Single player, future story (ESO is past story) game.

True

I've seen it a lot of speculation on these forums that people will stop playing ESO once ES6 comes out because it'll take all of the elder scrolls fanboys away from this game..

some comments were a while ago but I didn't just imagine this out of nowhere xD
    PC EU
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would they not bee one and the same game? Single player games all feature /multiplayer/mmo style support these days.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the fact that Bethesda caused the death of Fallout with Fallout 76, it would be better to assume that The Elder Scrolls 6 will be the death of The Elder Scrolls (the single player franchise).

ESO will probably not be affected by it because ESO is not really part of the franchise.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES6 will only give us a part of Tamriel. ESO gives it ALL. ESO will only benefit after TES6 will appear. New players fascinated with the lore will want to see Tamriel of the Second Era and learn the secrets of the past. Play one TES game, and you'll want to play anything related to TES world.
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few more "patches", and no TES 6 is needed.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax said that they are going to support the game until TES 6 release. What make sense because theres not a lot of area left to discover.
    Edited by DarkPicture on November 19, 2019 12:00PM
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Zenimax said that they are going to support the game until TES 6 release. What make sense because theres not a lot of area left to discover.

When did they say that? source?
    PC EU
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In october i saw article and interview with rich lambert and he said that current goal of zenimax is supporting game until tes 6 atm. Try to find inerview with lambert in google, im sure u will find it.
    Edited by DarkPicture on November 19, 2019 12:08PM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is perfectly capable of dying on it's own, it doesn't need help for that.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ES6 takes away players from ESO, maybe we can get harder overland content when the skyrim 2 players are gone.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer single player games and consider the fact that ESO is multiplayer to be a drawback. That said, I play it mostly as a single player game and am likely to continue to do so. After 4k hours in Oblivion and 4k hours in Skyrim, those games simply feel too small. After 6.5k hours in ESO it does not feel small at all. If TES6 can match the mass and scale of ESO I might be interested.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 19, 2019 12:24PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In october i saw article and interview with rich lambert and he said that current goal of zenimax is supporting game until tes 6 atm. Try to find inerview with lambert in google, im sure u will find it.

So no source ?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheter it'll take away people from ESO or not we still have few years before TES6 will happen.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

So no source ?

Here's my find, related to ESO support: In a talk in the framework of PAX Australia (via GameSpot), the creative director, Rich Lambert, mentioned that the company’s plans are to continue giving content to The Elder Scrolls Online in 2020 and even beyond. https://segmentnext.com/2019/10/14/zenimax-will-support-the-elder-scrolls-online-for-many-more-years/

The even beyond thing scares me, to be frank. Definitely in 2020 there will be a new Chapter, but beyond...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on November 19, 2019 12:35PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no single-player ES6 obviously. Not a chance. Best you can hope is MMORPG ES6 on Fallout 4 engine.

???
    U know that they announcement tes6?

I remember a 10-second length teaser and Todd saying that before ES6 there will be Starfield. Since Starfield is only at development stage, you may estimate that ES6 is still in pre-production or whatever. There will be many years before ES6 is ready... if it will be ready at all.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »

So no source ?

Here's my find, related to ESO support: In a talk in the framework of PAX Australia (via GameSpot), the creative director, Rich Lambert, mentioned that the company’s plans are to continue giving content to The Elder Scrolls Online in 2020 and even beyond. https://segmentnext.com/2019/10/14/zenimax-will-support-the-elder-scrolls-online-for-many-more-years/

The even beyond thing scares me, to be frank. Definitely in 2020 there will be a new Chapter, but beyond...

I dont know what can be scary in word "beyond". Also they've already said they're working on stuff for the next year and year after.
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So no source ?

why does it scare you? to me that reads like they've definitely got plans for future content beyond 2020 otherwise they wouldn't say it. or do you mean because it's kinda vague?
    PC EU
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer single player games and consider the fact that ESO is multiplayer to be a drawback. That said, I play it mostly as a single player game and am likely to continue to do so. After 4k hours in Oblivion and 4k hours in Skyrim, those games simply feel too small. After 6.5k hours in ESO it does not feel small at all. If TES6 can match the mass and scale of ESO I might be interested.

Pretty much this. I don't play ESO because it is multiplayer, but because it has the largest world since Daggerfall. If ES6 has a map size of say, the Witcher 3, then yea I'd stop playing ESO. It's graphics are also starting to look dated now as well, even with Reshades etc.

At least with ES6 we may get proper Necromancy as well..... :|
    Edited by TheTwistedRune on November 19, 2019 12:46PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about TES6 killing ESO, but I can tell you that my playtime for ESO will drop dramatically once it comes out.

Performance issues are what will really kill ESO for me.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half arsed design/balance decisions and bad infrastructure will be the death of ESO for sure, if they continue with it. Single player games, not so much, since they offer a different experience and often target different players. That's of course if they don't make TES6 a multiplayer game, like FO76.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If TES6 will be like F76, it will be death to itself...
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO will be the death of ESO.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So no source ?

Ya, I gotta agree with myskyrim...
    Stating even beyond indicates a possibility/potential of more beyond next year but no plan on it.
    This isn’t Buzz Lightyear stating..
    “To Infinity and Beyond!!!”
    This is someone saying...
    Ya what we have planned will cover next year and even a bit beyond that...”