Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enough! Game performance all time low

juhislihis19
juhislihis19
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

so ESO has been riddled with bugs and lag forever, but after the new patch things have gotten blatantly worse. Before I've been able to ignore it, but not anymore. PS4 EU is literally unplayable.

THE PERFORMANCE OF THE GAME IS DOG FECIES. These I encountered yesterday after just playing 2 hours:

- BG's won't load at all
- dungeon finder doesn't work (didn't find a single DPS for Blackheart Haven, lol)
- in Skyreach, the game literally freezes for 3-5 seconds at every mob stack
- PVP: Anything new? Just the usual lag, forever present even though there are far less players around. Constant crashes. Loading screens. Mount bug. Animations won't show. Barswap doesn't work. Skills get "stuck" etc.

Add this amateur performance to the fact how you, ZOS, nerf and tweak everything every 3 months and what do you get? Failure of a game. I've seen so many players quit after the latest patch, players who have been around since the beginning.

Don't tell me ZOS you are working on new content? Because your game right now is in the toilet and you should spent the next months trying to solve what's wrong with this game.

Anything else not working correctly what I missed?

Well hey, Crown Store works like charm though!
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately its the same on Xbox EU..

I can not talk for PvP but the lag and random loading screens in PvE has become ridicules..
    - Lag in trials is a joke, it has not been that bad for like ever
    - some areas dont even load the graphics anymore and just stay blurred
    - loading screens everywhere and of course loading screen of death is back
    - Game freezes, game crashses

Its like this game was brought to beta again.. somehow I feel they have reached the peak.. because it seems nothing is working properly anymore..

I do hope that they wait with the dungeon dlc.. this can be still released with the chapter in summer and it would be for once nice if ZOS would listen to this performance cry threads, because they are here for a reason! I havent had so much problems with the nerfs in the patch... but that performance takes the fun out of playing..

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited 45 minutes in dungeon finder to be rewarded with a disconnect :D:'(
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Same for PC. Can't even have a decent 2 hour Cyrodiil run on a Monday afternoon without raging cause skills won't work, or bar swap gets bugged, or combat bug so cannot mount or health de syncs.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you ignore bugs for years, and you release new content that introduces new bugs and coding errors that never gets touched or fixed.
    It compounds, it deteriorates, and you get so over your head in coding mess it's unlikely to ever recover without a massive overhaul at a massive cost.

And I have a feeling that cost will be far too much for Zenimax.

In the future I'm sure ESO will be a shining example of what not to do when it comes to fixing broken and bugged gameplay.
    Never sweep bugs under the rug and pretend they don't exist.

I just get the feeling that they don't know how to actually fix anything. It's just a bandaid over a massive wound, time and time again. You know things are bad when players are begging for basic functionality, or in plain terms, a game that does what it's supposed to do, and they can't deliver! And frankly, I'm tired of the "give them time" excuse. It's coming on to 6 years...how much more time does this company need?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just happy that I don't do PVP and never group. :D
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the imperial city was first released, the problems on Xbox NA began. They never fixed the issues and keep adding content onto a buggy game so they have been adding bugs to an already buggy game and ESO is now completely broken.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bix08 wrote: »

I'm ill today, so not at work. So I played eso in order to distract me, since 9 am german time.

Xbox EU. Gameplay was absolutely smooth, delves, several worlbosses.

Location Karlsruhe, provider Unitymedia. So I guess you had an issue with your provider.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand your frustration and everything is being investigated. More information will be provided when it's available and many issues will be addressed in a future incremental patch. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding and for the love of all that is holy, please stay civil, constructive, and on-topic.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    We understand your frustration and everything is being investigated. More information will be provided when it's available and many issues will be addressed in a future incremental patch. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding and for the love of all that is holy, please stay civil, constructive, and on-topic.

You forgot the part about the new skin coming soon to the crown store, and "Keep Subscribing!!1!"

:D
    Edited by twev on November 19, 2019 10:13PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try PC NA, the american server runs awesome, the ping is a bit higher but everything else is smooth. 30 Seconds from login to Overworld, 5 Seconds Loading Screens and short queues.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where can I download more ram
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know, was logged in earlier today and was sitting at a nice 160ish fps.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's deffo broken on PS4, trying to play cyrodiil is just a chore with all the crashes. Today I crashed after about 30 mins, relogged and was back in town, queued again for cyro, black screen on entering. Had enough and played something else.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil is almost unplayable on PS4 right now whether it's a Blue Screen or a load screen or both one after another its more of an exercise in frustration rather than fun.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing for almost a year and I just can't see myself paying for or playing a nearly broken game. I'm honestly surprised I've made it this far. I guess I had hope. There are so many bugs in this game. I gotta say I experience almost something new everyday. From bugged doors, getting stuck in walls, infinite loading screens, not being able to leave dungeon queue, dungeon queue not working at all, abilities that just don't work (frozen device is terrible), I mean, the list goes on and on and on. The funny thing is, every time I experience a bug, I look it up and there are posts from 2016 about it. That tells me right there they have no idea how to fix anything. How you people with 5+ years keep paying for this game boggles my mind. I'm done. I wish everyone else that is going to stay good luck. I did actually really love this game but I just can't do it anymore.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "My son, without their masters command, the lags will become an even greater threat...control must be maintained...there must always be...a Lagking!." *dramatic thunders*
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like should stream for you guys to show you I don’t experience any of these issues and I’m on an xbox one x — not doubting you, just saying, even when red and blue server converge on one spot the most that happens to me is a tiny bit of frame drop. Vet trials the same. Now the most frustrating thing I have happening is load screens at keep flips. Oh and the voice chat bug.
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    Bix08 wrote: »

I'm ill today, so not at work. So I played eso in order to distract me, since 9 am german time.

Xbox EU. Gameplay was absolutely smooth, delves, several worlbosses.

Location Karlsruhe, provider Unitymedia. So I guess you had an issue with your provider.

If you would have issues at a time where roughly 70-80% of people are not online, because its a weekday, they usually go to work or school, then this game would not run on evenings anymore.

I am not talking about flower picking and I doubt you had a trial at 9 in the morning, did you? So where is the point comparing that? If I go on at this time and do small things I dont have any issues either..
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    I feel like should stream for you guys to show you I don’t experience any of these issues and I’m on an xbox one x — not doubting you, just saying, even when red and blue server converge on one spot the most that happens to me is a tiny bit of frame drop. Vet trials the same. Now the most frustrating thing I have happening is load screens at keep flips. Oh and the voice chat bug.

As of now I think the point is that everybody should kinda do something even if you have no issues.. because in a certain point, those issues will come and get you too.. it is nice to see that some people do not have any issues even if it always depends what content has been done to entirely compare, right?

Fact is, there are more and more people who literally facing massive performance problems. This should not be. Zos needs to do something here. And if you have no issues, awesome! I am really happy for you and tbh I envy as I would want that too.

I do like and enjoy that game.. and I dont see me walking away from it yet... but the performance at the moment makes me literally wanna cry and as a result the question „why am I even logging on“ gets louder and louder with each time those problems occur.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is breaking point for me and many others. I have uninstalled the game and am waiting for some positive feedback regarding performance, got a feeling ill be waiting for a long time.
  • ivanakamarkus
    ivanakamarkus
    ✭✭✭
    no need to say what platform just say EU
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impossible for them to fix also no modders this time to save them.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Do I just build crappy systems, or is anyone else getting serious frame drops even straight after loading into the game/porting to a wayshrine, just wandering around at random happening all the time every few minutes with no rhyme or reason for the drop in fps?

Seems to have happened around the release of Northern Elsweyr and they seem to be getting worse and worse......?
    Edited by HjorrMundGandr on November 20, 2019 9:50AM
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing white gold tower on ps4 euy last night, my potions where not registering, and neither was my ultimate. this game game has gone to ***.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit of a long story to frame opportunities lost by this game.

I had been traveling most of last week and didn't get home until Monday with a build idea and an itch to play.

Switching to different characters for crafting and items they had meant loading screens and it took most of my night Monday to get built out. It got to be too late to do anything with it especially being wore out from my trip.

Tuesday night, after work; I had a couple errands to run and neglected housekeeping items to take care of; still chomping at the bit to try my new build. At about 830, I at last load into Cyrodiil and join my friends.

We finally roll up to a fight at ash. Finally my chance to see some combat! I sloppily get a couple of kills, hitting the wrong buttons leftover from habits of old builds. No matter; there are more by the front door! Our 5 man group engages, abilities start to not go off, crown keeps going sweeping east, I rubberband back south. Cant bar swap, cant react to enemies still south trying to engage me, yet they seem to be unable to hit me either.

Finally I make it to crown just in time to go back south. A ball group maybe bvb the size of a full raid, maybe some PUGs moves in and we know to head to the door and get in. We get to the door with probably the game equivalent of 40 meters between us and the blob coming our way. Hit the button to enter the door, and nothing happens as the blob closes to 10m. Weapon swap and enter the door; snapped right back out! All if us either didn't get in to begin with or snapped back out. 3 of us died. I and 1 other managed to survive and run in the east postern.

We watch and see the ball group, now with plenty of attention of the DC, pull back to farm them so we go out to hit the enemy PUGs. We see the ball group coming and go to avoid their ulti dump, suddenly a gap closer I uses literally almost a minute earlier goes off, taking me right back to the edge of the ball group. I survive and scramble away, but then I rubberband right back and am dead.

Wind up leaving that area and got a bunch of kills near bleakers with abilities still not working reliably; but the Idaho reds were there in force. And I then had to run on foot from there as I was then stuck in combat as I always am. I literally have become the meme for being stuck in combat with our group for over a year so I build speed in my builds; not to be trolly or to maneuver, but because I have to run on foot so often.

By 930; I logged for the night. All that anticipation and excitement ended in an hour of frustration and me realizing no matter how good the game can be; it just isn't so long as it doesnt work. Unsubscribed with my build just locked in to run with my guild refusing to support the game otherwise until this is fixed
    Edited by technohic on November 20, 2019 3:13PM
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Switching to different characters for crafting and items they had meant loading screens and it took most of my night Monday to get built out. It got to be too late to do anything with it especially being wore out from my trip.

This is something which entirely annoys me too. I try to do all my crafting daylies each day and while being on that char also leveling up the mount. I do all of them in Vivec City. Log on and appearing at the position where you hand in the daylies. From there I first make my way to the horse dude. *Loading screen*
    Finally loading screen is over, managed to go to the horse dude. Takes him additional time to spawn in..
    If I do have a very lucky evening I either am in a never ending loading screen or I will get a second one..

I had dozen loading screens in pvp thats why I dont want to go there anymore..

In trials, I sometimes dont see adds because they also take ages to spawn in. Topped with loading screens where there shouldnt be any or bosses who do a mechanic without the animation. Or just being kicked out of the game or having a frozen screen, where when you try to log in again you get the message "This account is already logged in". After 10 minutes when the game actually recognizes that you are not logged in and you can do so again, you end up going through a portal in a trial which, oh wonder, puts you again in a *Loading Screen*, which sometimes is either endless or again takes ages..

It is just so hard to not get frustrated at that point..
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the need to complain especially when the reason is justified. However, the complaints are only reaching the deaf ears of ZOS. For years players have been complaining about the numerous bugs and performance issues with this game. Yet ask yourself what has changed? Sure ZOS will come back every once and a while and state "We are working on this or working on that or we have plans in the works to fix this or that" but in a nutshell they are telling players what they want to hear. It's a big con job.

The only satisfaction any player is going to get if they are dissatisfied with the game is leave. Or at the very least if you are going to continue with ESO and are a paid subscriber cancel your subscription. At least then you are not paying to play a game riddled with bugs and performance issues.

Again there is nothing that says you have to stay with ESO. There are other games out there to play.
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    I understand the need to complain especially when the reason is justified. However, the complaints are only reaching the deaf ears of ZOS. For years players have been complaining about the numerous bugs and performance issues with this game. Yet ask yourself what has changed? Sure ZOS will come back every once and a while and state "We are working on this or working on that or we have plans in the works to fix this or that" but in a nutshell they are telling players what they want to hear. It's a big con job.

The only satisfaction any player is going to get if they are dissatisfied with the game is leave. Or at the very least if you are going to continue with ESO and are a paid subscriber cancel your subscription. At least then you are not paying to play a game riddled with bugs and performance issues.

Again there is nothing that says you have to stay with ESO. There are other games out there to play.

I agree with what you say.. But before I leave this game because the frustration just got to much, I would want to be in the position to say "at least I have tried whatever I could".
    I think people here are not complaining because they dont like the game. I think it is quite the opposite. We would like to address an issue BECAUSE we like the game and because we would like to enjoy it even longer.

Sure there are other games out there but I do enjoy ESO a lot. Even if there are bugs and things that dont work as intended. But once the performance drops so massively that it does impact the game being played, this is something which does hurt. And again, I am not telling that because I dont like the game.. I wouldnt waste a single minute on the forums to write a comment if I wouldnt like the game. And I am pretty sure its the same for most of the other people too. Just sitting there, saying nothing will not chance anything either.. So its at least worth a shot..
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well hey, Crown Store works like charm though!
    The truly sad thing is: Not even the crown store works properly. They just released a costume which had to be taken off the crown store because it was abused in PVP for cheating (reference link). Also it was deactivated for the buyers so they cannot abuse it anymore.

They gonna fix this costume before any of the game crashes or login issues are addressed to make money with it again. Or even before we get any word that they will try to fix the game crashes or login issues. A hotfix was mentioned for the costume already which is good for the buyers but no word about a hotfix for any of the serious bugs we are plagued with since Dragonhold DLC. That's upsetting for those who wanna keep playing the game. And likely spend money along the way. I don't enjoy to post a post like this. I wanna have fun with ESO instead.
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    apri wrote: »
    That's upsetting for those who wanna keep playing the game. And likely spend money along the way. I don't enjoy to post a post like this. I wanna have fun with ESO instead.

^this so much!!!
    Edited by Bix08 on November 20, 2019 2:00PM
This discussion has been closed.