The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The irony that patience will solve server issues

Saltisol
Saltisol
✭✭✭✭
If I understand this right PC NA are not experiencing the problems PC EU are having because it's not as populated.
As PC NA and PC EU is running the same code a problem that doesn't exist is being "fixed" on PC NA
Reading some posts on this forum you get the impression that a part of the existing playerbase are thinking about leaving.

So in the future I will just nod in approval when they thank me for my patience instead of getting upset.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problems we are seeing right now is likely because the servers are under dimensioned, or that the code is poorly written, or maybe a combination of both, which would explain why it's more noticeable on PC EU.

So if you see players leaving as a fix, be my guest, but I'd rather have the issue fixed instead if waiting for people to leave to get something badly designed to work better.
    EU PC
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    The problems we are seeing right now is likely because the servers are under dimensioned, or that the code is poorly written, or maybe a combination of both, which would explain why it's more noticeable on PC EU.

So if you see players leaving as a fix, be my guest, but I'd rather have the issue fixed instead if waiting for people to leave to get something badly designed to work better.

To fix the problem they need to redesign the engine and upgrade/increase server capacity and I don't think that will happen. My guess is that they will keep "blaming" the activity finder and in that way stall the upgrade and redesign.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a combination of both. The Optimization Zos is working on over the next few updates will help the performance on all servers. Zos has also stated that EU population is more than it could handle and were working on adding additional server capacity. This was back when they implemented a queue to log in during high capacity times. I think NA got the same at one point.

However, I am not sure what OP is really complaining about.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It is a combination of both. The Optimization Zos is working on over the next few updates will help the performance on all servers. Zos has also stated that EU population is more than it could handle and were working on adding additional server capacity. This was back when they implemented a queue to log in during high capacity times. I think NA got the same at one point.

However, I am not sure what OP is really complaining about.

Not complaining, pointing out how I will relate to the server issues going forward instead of getting upset like I've been previously.