The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DISCUSSION]It's Right Time to Think about ESO 2 ?

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
Next year we'll have next generation game and hardware.
PC will have RTX 7nm VGA
Console will have PS5 and Xbox nextgen
Then we also have next generation MMO like Blade and Soul 2, Crimson Desert, Diablo 4 ...etc
ESO is almost 6 years old,That's reason why I think it's right time for Zeny to think about ESO2. If they start doing it then we can touch it in 2022-2024
What's about your opinion

P/S: MAYBE PPL MISUNDERSTAND MY IDEA. ESO2 COME UP NOT MEAN THAT PPL WILL LOOSE THIER DATA. ZOS WILL TRANFER PLAYER DATA FROM ES TO ESO 2 PROBABLY
Edited by lelink88 on November 19, 2019 3:24AM

[DISCUSSION]It's Right Time to Think about ESO 2 ? 175 votes

Yes
15%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOLuxodaimphermitgblelink88zacvanmMrGarlicjazsper77TragedyOAChickenSuckerFusRoGaRPGplayer13579Hixtorydevildog13_93karekizwavingblueStarlockVan_WinkleLoneStar2911 27 votes
No
79%
GalenAcrolasLuxLunaeWhiteCoatSyndrometspecherb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOxMovingTargetmartinhpb16_ESOnwilliams2107b16_ESOzariawild_kmacdb16_ESOidkkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOMaximilianCastanamerexenowarrior92eb17_ESOkojoustojekarcub18_ESOczarsrfrogg23 139 votes
Yes but we should wait atleast next few years
5%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOfossoyerCaffeinatedMayhemWoefulninja4444LadyNalcaryaSpiderKnightsusmitdsGrianasteriOWLTHEMAD 9 votes
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, this is an MMO so you can update without making you pay for the whole game again.

So I jumped into Elseweyr after spending weeks travelling across the original zones and holy hell the new zones are just so much better

So what I would like is a visual update of all the older zones to get it up to the quality of the chapters.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but we should wait atleast next few years
    We need to go back to the first era - or the Merethic!
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Why does it have to be a full, separate sequel? Why can't the devs just start fixing stuff in the background, Mojang/Minecraft style where each patch they rewrite and modernise each part of the game/engine?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    this isn't ur destiny BS...we dont need ESO 2 we need servers to be fixed...cuz even if we ESO 40.000, in the grim darkness of the far future...the servers are still on fire.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Seems pretty pointless.

Why would I want another ESO where my current progress, purchases, content, gold, mats etc is simply dead?

I would not object to a revamp project to bring Vulkan and a lick of paint to the game, but I can't see where the budget would cater to that and honestly prefer the Devs focus on performance.

If in the future after the performance is truly patched up, then yeh, that team could probably update the underlying tech of the game. In some instances, updating tech does result in better performance ie Vulkan.
    Edited by richo262 on November 19, 2019 3:09AM
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I only vote yes, not because I dislike current ESO, but because I think it's always the time to consider a "sequel" MMO, in that a totally new engine with new features and capacities is certainly worth discussing. I'd love a totally new movement engine, one that allows climbing, and swimming, for example - maybe even genuine flying, all of which are currently unavailable using the current engine, from my understanding.

Also, couldn't hurt to at least consider a new combat and character progression model that isn't tied to the CP system, or animation cancelling, or any one of a dozen (if not a hundred) different debateably useful or enjoyable features.

in short, I vote yes, because almost ANYTHING is worth thinking about - but I still enjoy ESO as it is
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    phermitgb wrote: »
    I only vote yes, not because I dislike current ESO, but because I think it's always the time to consider a "sequel" MMO, in that a totally new engine with new features and capacities is certainly worth discussing. I'd love a totally new movement engine, one that allows climbing, and swimming, for example - maybe even genuine flying, all of which are currently unavailable using the current engine, from my understanding.

Also, couldn't hurt to at least consider a new combat and character progression model that isn't tied to the CP system, or animation cancelling, or any one of a dozen (if not a hundred) different debateably useful or enjoyable features.

in short, I vote yes, because almost ANYTHING is worth thinking about - but I still enjoy ESO as it is

They can add all that in the current game/engine, if they focus on getting the engine in a better place performance and stability wise, and with some patience. There's no need for a sequel when they can just iterate upon the current game.

Look at Minecraft, and how Mojang has been gradually rewriting individual parts of the game each patch, to the point where modern Minecraft is nothing like alpha, beta, or even initial release Minecraft. No reason the same can't happen with ESO.
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Well, this is an MMO so you can update without making you pay for the whole game again.

So I jumped into Elseweyr after spending weeks travelling across the original zones and holy hell the new zones are just so much better

So what I would like is a visual update of all the older zones to get it up to the quality of the chapters.

It needs a new engine... we have 32 thread desktop cpu's now... eso uses 2 or 3.... if it used 8+ we would all sit at fps cap... it's annoying seeing 40% usage at 50 to60fps on a 1080ti and a 2700x
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've spent too much money on ESO.
    No way will I jump into an ESO2 and have all that money thrown away and start all over again. Nope. Not going to happen.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ESO's graphics and gameplay are not dated enough to warrant buying a whole new game and throwing away all of the money I have already spent.
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The game is great as it is, the full map is not even filled in yet, the graphics are still beautiful in my opinion.

All we need is for the game to be stable again, we don't need a sequence for that.
  • JimBobRaynor
    No
    "Look at Minecraft, and how Mojang has been gradually rewriting individual parts of the game each patch, to the point where modern Minecraft is nothing like alpha, beta, or even initial release Minecraft. No reason the same can't happen with ESO."

Clearly they are the same type of game with the same type of game engine and I definitely need java to run ESO... Had to upgrade my hard drive to an ssd so Minecraft would load better. That 1gb hard drive finally died...

Wish I new there were wayshrines and quest givers in Minecraft, would've saved me so much aimlessly running around hitting my hands on trees...

There's only so much ZOS can do with a modified game engine that is already on the edge of being outdated. The best we can hope for is better crown store items and costume racks for our houses.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nope no desire to start again from scratch, they have a great deal of the map left to fill in, all they need to do is fix their servers so the game stays stable.

As for the next gen or better hardware being released, not everyone buys it/has the money to upgrade the moment it comes out, they would be alienating a large amount of their player base.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The code of this game is so badly written they have to do it all over again if they want to improve performance, server hardware upgrades aint gonna help with that. And when they tried to fix stuff with the current code they always broke more..
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is still in beta....6 years’ worth, but still.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I say wait until TES6 is released and if it burns then release eso2
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    this isn't ur destiny BS...we dont need ESO 2 we need servers to be fixed...cuz even if we ESO 40.000, in the grim darkness of the far future...the servers are still on fire.

BS is the perfect way to describe that mess.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Devs can't even get ESO right I imagine ESO2 would be a nuclear dumpster fire
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me that elder scrolls 6 and eso 2 will be one and the same game. Kinda like the way diablo 4 will be a quasi- mmo.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Its no features I think of who can not be added to ESO.
    They could even replace the server backbone and the client while keeping the game world
    Or do stuff like change the game like the did with one tamriel.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    I think a Two Tamriel update (lol) or whatever is more likely. Ongoing service titles like this continue to evolve and will almost certainly transition to next gen,
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As I've been digging into how some other MMOs are done - I don't really do MMOs outside of this game and I don't count the text-based MUDs I played back in the day - I'm coming to recognize that there are a lot of things this game does wrong as far as an MMO is concerned. Some of these are things that could be easily added. Others are more baked in and would require a complete reboot to really address.

One of the most fascinating things I ran across was the PvP design for one of these other MMOs. Not only does going into PvP land instantly give you max level, but it also unlocks all your skills and gives you access to elite gear. For FREE. The result of this is that players are actually on even ground and it is actually a skill-based competition. And I asked myself - why the blazes doesn't ESO do this?! It would certainly nullify the blatant pay-to-win elements that were introduced in the sub-50 campaigns with those stupid skyshard and skill line microtransactions. Which is, of course, why we'll never see it in ESO.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I personally have no need (or want) of an ESO 2. I'd rather they fixed the problems in this game
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lelink88 wrote: »
    Next year we'll have next generation game and hardware.
    PC will have RTX 7nm VGA
    Console will have PS5 and Xbox nextgen
    Then we also have next generation MMO like Blade and Soul 2, Crimson Desert, Diablo 4 ...etc
    ESO is almost 6 years old,That's reason why I think it's right time for Zeny to think about ESO2. If they start doing it then we can touch it in 2022-2024
    What's about your opinion

P/S: MAYBE PPL MISUNDERSTAND MY IDEA. ESO2 COME UP NOT MEAN THAT PPL WILL LOOSE THIER DATA. ZOS WILL TRANFER PLAYER DATA FROM ES TO ESO 2 PROBABLY

unlike offline games, online games are easy to change...since it's online you can throw a 50 GB patch to change it... ands till call it the same..
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It would be interesting to know if they could implement RTX without a total reimplementation...

I would rather take the same game and just keep improving it. ESO 2 would end up just being another excuse to charge more for a chapter release.
    Playing since beta...
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's the right time to rebuild ESO from the ground up. They need to start over. Patching will not work to fix this mess.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ::eye roll::
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    really??
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, need clean break from this mess.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way ZOS would be able to make a new and improved game from the bottom up(Which is what is required) AND also transfer our playerdata.

"The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***