Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ESO going to be avaliable via Stadia ?

Saltisol
Saltisol
✭✭✭✭
If so, will that change anything when it comes to pereformance ?
I have no idea how Stadia will work, will ESO be run on Stadia servers or just made avaliable via Stadia so all the issues will as they were ?
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Oh I see, lol
    Edited by Saltisol on November 18, 2019 10:32PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in seeing ESO in action on Stadia, not because I believe it will actually perform well though. I would be absolutely amazed if Stadia in general performs well and I would love to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's deffo going to be on Stadia. I know it'll run on google servers but can imagine there will continue to be an abundance of issues
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a few clips from ESO gameplay in their promotion video.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »
    There are quite a few clips from ESO gameplay in their promotion video.

Oh, it has been announced 100%. It's not a launch title, but I believe it will be coming soon. It's not a question of if ESO will be on Stadia. That will happen. The question is, will there be any reason to run ESO through Stadia (including paying another $60 for the game and whatever you're paying for Stadia itself.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stadia is a mess waiting to happen.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it there's two possibilities here:

1) Stadia uses existing servers (I'm assuming PC, since Sony and Microsoft don't like cross-platform servers) in which case the performance will be the same as currently, with the added issue that you need to connect to the Stadia servers and then to the game servers. (So possibly comparable to playing ESO through Steam?)

2) It will have new servers. If they're provided by ZOS then it's the same as option 1. If they're provided by Stadia then the performance depends on the quality, reliability, number etc. of servers they provide - there's no way for us to know until it's released. But the downside here is that you'll be on servers only with other people who bought the game on Stadia, so the population could be very low, especially at first.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Stadia is a mess waiting to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQDjS3IE0vQ
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stadia will run the ESO client on their system. It'll still be the PC version of the game, logging in to the PC servers.

(also, based on the reviews I've started to see pop up today, you might not want to pin all your hopes of The Future Of Gaming™ on Stadia.)
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »
    If so, will that change anything when it comes to pereformance ?
    I have no idea how Stadia will work, will ESO be run on Stadia servers or just made avaliable via Stadia so all the issues will as they were ?

The answer to your question is in several of the top Google results for that exact question. This information is readily available and very easy to find.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So...latency between Stadia servers PLUS the latency between you clicking an ability, going to Stadia servers, then stadia servers sending the result of that action via packets to your stadia box, then stadia box displaying that drawn image on your monitor.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has long been known that ESO will be available via Stadia and that they will pay on the PC/Mac EU and NA servers. It will not be separate servers so you will continue to receive the same excellent service you have come to expect from Zos.