The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Emotes not properly responding/working (FIXED/SOLVED)

Snytchell
Snytchell
Soul Shriven
As the title says it, i have been having some annoying experiences with most of the emotes i've been using within the game, emotes like /lookup and /shout dont seem to be working at all, i am still testing other emotes and so far its these two i detected, anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Welp, the bloody update did the trick :open_mouth:
Edited by Snytchell on April 3, 2020 8:48AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Snytchell

One possible reason for emotes not working could be due to an add-on you've loaded. The help article below has some troubleshooting you can take to get your emotes working again.

Why can't I use emotes on my characters?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Snytchell
    Snytchell
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Snytchell

One possible reason for emotes not working could be due to an add-on you've loaded. The help article below has some troubleshooting you can take to get your emotes working again.

Why can't I use emotes on my characters?

Huh, if thats the case i better test each addon, it never happened throughout the years i've used the same simple ones, but i'll follow these instructions, thanks @ZOS_BillE
  • Snytchell
    Snytchell
    Soul Shriven
    It is as i suspected...after uninstalling the addons, uninstall the game and install it without any addons at all, it still wouldn't work so i've asked other friends who don't use addons to try and emote /lookup and they all came out with the same response "Nothing happens" so it is not an addon or computer faulty, but from the game itself @ZOS_BillE

I'd take this to the team that fixes bugs, as this is infact a game issue, not a personal computer issue if other people can't do it either.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Snytchell

Thank you for testing the emotes without add-ons loaded. Since this may be a possible bug, please go ahead and open a bug report if you've not done so.

How do I submit feedback and bug reports?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Snytchell
    Snytchell
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Snytchell

Thank you for testing the emotes without add-ons loaded. Since this may be a possible bug, please go ahead and open a bug report if you've not done so.

How do I submit feedback and bug reports?

I've filled the details and sent the feedback, usually people wouldn't be bugged about this but for someone that does use emotes for ingame immersion and entertainment it does bother a little. Thank you for your time to answer. :smiley: