The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Friendlist's levels disappearing?

JesQu
JesQu
✭✭✭✭
title, seeing multiple friends levels/champion lvl numbers disappearing.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't quite sure what you meant when I first read this, but I can confirm, am having the same issue (PC/NA).

9OFeUoG.jpg

When I try to travel to one of these players, I get "Character Not Found" error message. Attempting to whisper them gives me "Account not found" even when they are listed online. "Could not find [player name] to invite" for group invites. This does not bode well for any forms of group content.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found this happening to me today. I could confirm with one person who appeared this way that they were logged out and had been for over 15 minutes when I noticed this.

It matches what another friend said to me about my appearing to stay online and not showing as if I’d logged out quite a few minutes after I had.

Something is not updating properly in the list to reflect that these accounts are offline.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos limited how often our clients request information from the server in order to reduce load. Sometimes information may not appear in friends or guild lists. Other times there may be a delay on skills firing. It is all to improve overall server performance.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, even login was kinda difficult....
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos limited how often our clients request information from the server in order to reduce load. Sometimes information may not appear in friends or guild lists. Other times there may be a delay on skills firing. It is all to improve overall server performance.

Did zos stated that somewhere?
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issues as stated in the first two posts above.

A friend who has been subbed since release (who I can not send /tell's to) informed my by email that players who have been subbed for approx that long appear as having no lvl, no account, and can't be whispered.

I have also been subbed since the beginning. I can send tells to a lot of people, but there are many players on my list I can not send conversation to.

I can send msgs to newbs, and they can respond, but there are many people I can't communicate with outside of guild chat or email.

I have no idea how much of this is coincidence Vs fact, but it's what I see and experience, and it's been an issue for several days.

Edited by twev on November 23, 2019 7:26PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JesQu wrote: »

Thought the sarcasm would be obvious.

But Zos has limited server polling of addons and guild information this year. That is known. So it could be related as friends lists levels are tertiary information.
    Edited by idk on November 23, 2019 7:38PM
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    JesQu wrote: »

Thought the sarcasm would be obvious.

But Zos has limited server polling of addons and guild information this year. That is known. So it could be related as friends lists levels are tertiary information.

Well it was morning for me at that time lol
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    c3w0sll94a87.png

Same on EU.

The people without level/cp showing are actually offline. Friendlist allows me to send group invite etc, but they are obviously not receiving anything. Only time it shows they are actually offline is when trying to whisper them.
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amiliana wrote: »
    c3w0sll94a87.png

Same on EU.

The people without level/cp showing are actually offline. Friendlist allows me to send group invite etc, but they are obviously not receiving anything. Only time it shows they are actually offline is when trying to whisper them.

I would guess it's an visual bug for not showing them properly offline, the numbers seem to come back if player comes back online on different character, or the same char.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue should have been fixed in today's patch on PC (November 25). Bug was also reported in a couple of other threads (affecting guild roster status): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502658/unable-to-port-to-guild-member-guild-roster-not-updating-properly-offline-players-fixed-v5-2-10