Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats the opposite buff to major evasion.

leepalmer95
leepalmer95
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Stamina have such easy access to 25% aoe dmg reduction which is very strong vs wardens/ templars and pretty much every ult in the game. I've even ran blackrose dw on my magicka toons sometimes using unchained. The buff is so strong.

Where the opposite buff? Increasing aoe dmg by 25%? Oh right it doesn't exist.

zos wonders why everyones a tank, this is one of the reasons. Other been the abundance of easy access strong off heals.
PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and u think pvp will be better if u can debuff aoe dmg? maybe major fracture/breach is the debuff u are looking for
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    and u think pvp will be better if u can debuff aoe dmg? maybe major fracture/breach is the debuff u are looking for

You miss the point. OP is talking about a buff to AoE damage.

For OP, although major evasion is quite strong the majority of deaths still come from single target burst rather than a whole lot of AoE damage. The only real one honestly is Templar. Wardens do use subterranean but that ends up being an AoE for debuff with the extra fat damage so their single target can burst down enemies (especially with permafrost damage nerf).
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »

You miss the point. OP is talking about a buff to AoE damage.

For OP, although major evasion is quite strong the majority of deaths still come from single target burst rather than a whole lot of AoE damage. The only real one honestly is Templar. Wardens do use subterranean but that ends up being an AoE for debuff with the extra fat damage so their single target can burst down enemies (especially with permafrost damage nerf).

yes i know, but to buff aoe dmg u have to debuff the target :)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While consistency is nice to have we definetly don´t need a major/minor buff to increase AoE damage. High MMR BG´s are already horribly as they´re.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it used to be 25% dodge chance which was arguably twice as strong as the current iteration. Take sub assault for example, now major evasion reduces the damage by 25%, while it used to be you would dodge 1/4 of them, which is theoretically a 25% damage reduction. However it would also work against single target abilities unlike the current iteration.

As for why there is no counter buff the case could be made that it would be way too powerful, major evasion is very difficult for mag toons (except magblade) to get. As far as I know the only access would be hist bark that gives maj evasion while blocking and gossamer which means a pocket healer. You’d really want magplars and bombers running around with 25% more aoe damage?

Edit: forgot about gossamer
    Edited by Vizirith on November 14, 2019 2:38PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more toward reducing major evasion so like 12% or so. 25% is roughly like 16.5k armour to put it in perspective.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know where OP is coming from, look at 'Ball Groups'. You can't pick out a single target and every member will be running Major Evasion.

However adding AoE buff will pretty much destroy any solo pvp.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need a buff to AoE damage, there was a reason Evasion was added in the first place.

That said I do agree Evasion is unnecessarily oppressive towards certain playstyles. I don't feel bad for all the Stamden groups who can't easily AoE bomb a group into oblivion. It's Templars who really get the short end of the stick.

ZOS seems to think that one 2pc set (BRP DW) along with one skill (Blade Cloak) should be able to effectively neuter a class's core damage skills. It's literally a one-button win. Even if that Templar is running all damage sets they can't overcome a 55% reduction in their key damage skills. No class can.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need a buff to AoE damage, there was a reason Evasion was added in the first place.

That said I do agree Evasion is unnecessarily oppressive towards certain playstyles. I don't feel bad for all the Stamden groups who can't easily AoE bomb a group into oblivion. It's Templars who really get the short end of the stick.

ZOS seems to think that one 2pc set (BRP DW) along with one skill (Blade Cloak) should be able to effectively neuter a class's core damage skills. It's literally a one-button win. Even if that Templar is running all damage sets they can't overcome a 55% reduction in their key damage skills. No class can.

I hit my friends almost pure dmg necro for like 600 a sweep. Im practically full dmg too. Pretty dumb. I can't kill him this patch unless he severely messes up.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a massive buff to AoE damage in the game right now. It's just not named "Major (x)". But keep reaching for those max tooltip numbers! :D

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for an opposite buff when warden and templars are two of the best classes I can think of for any kind of PvP.

I think you people got it all wrong. Its not like people go major evasion to get a free-win against templar/warden. Its more like they go major evasion or they die. Instantly.

Wanna still nerf major evasion? Sure, nerf those classes along with it. Its not like they're struggling or anything.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 14, 2019 4:38PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've even ran blackrose dw on my magicka toons sometimes using unchained. The buff is so strong.

Shhhh...The ZOS is sleeping...
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opposite of major evasion is cant dodging aoe skills. How would you feel if you could not shield aoe damage?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't exist currently, but it would totally up-end PvE if introduced, looking at the nerfs to AoE skills they introduced. Or I guess they could introduce something, but with limited duration, like Major Vulnerability.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    The opposite is lag on your end and not on the end of the player attacking you that makes the evasion not work. like the bow wave of lag that precedes a zerg from any alliance. How can they move so fluidly while the players spread out before them get lagged???
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like this becuase you cant dodge anything anymore... everything is an aoe now. How do I dodge jabs or sub assault if I am in medium armor which has to survive by dodging. Dodging doesnt even give good survival anymore if you are in medium armor in the open you are dead. Shuffle gives us some tankiness and even then you get melted, maybe built some more damage? I see plenty of templars or wardens get good damage on people in medium armor. Would you like it if I said it's even worse that you can hold block mitigating 90% of damage incoming while pressing a single button and going to full health over and over again...
    Edited by Zelos on November 15, 2019 6:44PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole "buff X exists so there needs to be debuff Y to counteract it"-ideology needs to stop.
    All it does is make the game even more boring and bland than it already is.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that would be one way to fix how weak AoE’s are this patch (RIP Liquid Lightning and Caltrops).
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority of AOE's were mega buffed the same patch major evasion became widely available (not just tied to quick cloak). Also they removed the old major evasion buff (dodge chance) and replaced it with AOE damage reduction. Don't really see the issue here.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina have such easy access to 25% aoe dmg reduction which is very strong vs wardens/ templars and pretty much every ult in the game. I've even ran blackrose dw on my magicka toons sometimes using unchained. The buff is so strong.

zos wonders why everyones a tank, this is one of the reasons. Other been the abundance of easy access strong off heals.

I have yet to see a meduim armor tank as effective as heavy armor. Healing passive and resource return are way better than major evasion.

Light armor has it way of countering aoe dmg by using dmg shields, hence you have annulment. Heavy armor is by healing, medium armor is used to be dodge chamce to avoid dmg now a flat 25 dmg reduction, still not as strong as heavy or light armor.
    Edited by universal_wrath on November 19, 2019 4:05AM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have yet to see a meduim armor tank as effective as heavy armor. Healing passive and resource return are way better than major evasion.

Light armor has it way of countering aoe dmg by using dmg shields, hence you have annulment. Heavy armor is by healing, medium armor is used to be dodge chamce to avoid dmg now a flat 25 dmg reduction, still not as strong as heavy or light armor.

lol
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoE skills can't be dodged. That justified Major Evasion in my books.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last thing we need is buff to AoE damage. Remember spin2win? That was one of the stupidest meta we ever had.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

What's funny?
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Similar to why Major Vitality doesn't have a counterbuff, adding an AoE debuff would make some classes extremely strong (ie. warden, necro, templar).
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Similar to why Major Vitality doesn't have a counterbuff, adding an AoE debuff would make some classes extremely strong (ie. warden, necro, templar).
    Off topic but sidenote: Vitality does have a counter buff in defile (these both affect healing received). It's Mending (healing done) that has no counter debuff.

Likewise to OP, technically a counter to evasion (reduce AoE damage taken) would actually be a debuff which is applied to the target that increases AoE damage taken (like how it is vulnerability, not berserk, that is the counter to protection, whereas berserk is the counter to maim).
    A buff that increases AoE damage done as suggested would really be a the opposite of a debuff that reduces AoE damage done (which similarly doesn't exist).