The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Memory management has a memory leak - worse than pre dlc

• nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the patch this week (ignoring the logon problems) - The memory leak is still there - FPS drops off over an hour or 2 to it becomes unbearable.

We tried the delve trick and it actually works (as long as you don't get kicked out of Cyrodil when you leave the delve)

I guess the entering the delve causes the game to reset the graphical memory

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - is there a "/" command to force the game to reset the memory
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    After the patch this week (ignoring the logon problems) - The memory leak is still there - FPS drops off over an hour or 2 to it becomes unbearable.

We tried the delve trick and it actually works (as long as you don't get kicked out of Cyrodil when you leave the delve)

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - is there a "/" command to force the game to reset the memory

/reloadui

EDIT: I should mention that also usually solves renderline problem unless you are beneath the terrain.
    Edited by Kadoin on November 20, 2019 3:27AM
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    it's not related to addons. You can reproduce it without addons.

The perma FPS drop after heavy battles has been introduced with the famous "lightning revamp patch".

Devs are aware of it (I had many talks with one of thems about it) and they have never fixed it.

Only solution is to close the client and to log back in.

Also since last patch, they have introduced a new problem : a temporary FPS drop. It looks that it's 100% server charge related, especially in Cyrodiil. If the server is suffering (aka lag), the client halves the FPS and start stuttering for a few secs then everything goes back up again. There are specific areas where it happens more than other ones (the way to the giant village from bleakers for example).

It's the worse situation ever because they didn't either fix the old perma FPS drop bug and introduced a new one with the rebuild of the memory management in last patch.

And they just don't communicate about it. Even with tons of posts about this. So don't expect any fix.

Just read my sig and you'll understand why there is no hope. The support's answer just makes me wanna cry.

At least we know that we'll have other pvp MMOs where to go in 2020, I'm tired of this.

This use to be an very big issue with the game around the release of VVardenfell. At the time I was running a new Ryzen 1700. For the longest time I was convinced it was the infancy of the new processor and the game not having multi-core optimization.
    The issue would arise almost out of the blue, framer-ate would drop even standing idle, from 140FPS to 5.....yes 5fps. The patch eventually was rolled out for multi core but I was still having the issue of frame drops. I miraculously started to notice it would also burst down every-time I pressed shift to sprint. I could literally leave my character still, spam the shift button and watch the frame-rate drop as mentioned before for it to return to normal if I would stop. What was the actual problem I will never know. But the only fix for this was to edit my ini file in the game documents directory and force the thread count. For some reason with the patch the file was still only looking single core.....

That now brings us to 2019, and this dreaded frame-rate issue has seemed to return in another form. No human interaction is needed at all. It seems as though any fresh wayshrine port will cause the stutter to happen. If memory serves this all started happening around the time Northern Elsewyer dropped but it would have been earlier. Riding away from the wayshrine's the issue still persists with incremental stutter,frames down from 140 to about 25 (running a ryzen 3700x now).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it at all. Its happening in delves, its happening in your own homes, in dungeons and trials. Cyrodiil was really bad too.

I see that @ZOS_GinaBruno has already responded to this, but I had a question. What is the issue with frame-rate caused by if you guys figure it out. Which i'm sure you will, I really would like to know from a technical perspective as it baffles me something hardcore making me think its my system or my *** internet here in Portugal.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Never had serious fps-issues before Dragonhold, now fps drops instantly when entering Cyro, usually down to 30 (from 80-100), constantly declining over the next 20-30 minutes until it sits on a solid 10-15 fps during fights, sometimes crawling up to 25 again when you port to an empty keep far away with noone around.

Makes PVP unplayable ofc. Had some 1vs1 fights where we both stumbled from freeze-frame to freeze-frame for minutes and exchanged description of our fantastic gaming experiences afterwards.

Wrote two in-game-bug reports, too, but never got a response apart from the automated ticket message. as far as I can tell from personal chats, zone comments and the way many players stop reacting to obvious attacks or ground damage during fights, its a wide-spread problem.

But then I'm playing on PC/EU, so nothing working during PVP fights is normality and you rarely wonder whether its another new bug (the new ones are hard to spot between all the old, never-sold issues anyway).
    *sighs*
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    nk125x wrote: »

/reloadui

EDIT: I should mention that also usually solves renderline problem unless you are beneath the terrain.

/reloadui used to work pre Dragonhold but after the new memory management module it doesn't. The only thing that seams to work is entering a delve in Cyrodill, but doing that brings the risk of being kicked out of Cyrodill when you leave the delve.