The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summoned monsters... why aren't they hidden player effects?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Tank gripe here: Summoned monsters just block my view. Daedroths, Hungers, Flesh Colossus, and more. Why can't I hide these pleyer effects? It's fine for the summoner to see, but other players can't do anything with them.

The spider from Sentinel from R'kugamz is fine, but even just seeing the green circle is enough.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but came to mind after running a dungeon with a Hunger that blocked my view of the boss over half the time.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 13, 2019 7:59PM
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already killed enough effects from the ally point of view. To the point that my friend when he started at the game asked me how am I doing damage by just standing there. Since he couldn't see all the AoE due to Zo$'s lazy idea to improve performance by killing AoE effects from the point of view of allies. You can hardly tell what the hell everyone is using.

If it bothers you that much a toggle-option seems better. That way everyone wins if you're lucky enough to be listened by ZO$.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on November 15, 2019 7:59PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right... so I guess you've never trial tanked and spent hours blinded by all the AoE's?

Yeah, it's a great thing all that visual clutter is gone because I could actually SEE THE BOSS. Until Defiler and Maw of the Infernal became popular.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should be able to hide view of Procs mobs and pets.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd be fine with the procs if Maw of the Infernal didn't *always* spawn directly between me and the boss, and the hunger didn't jump directly between me and the boss. Even with my camera pulled out all the way, unless the boss is a giant, the Necro Flesh Colossus ALWAYS blocks the boss. Heaven help if you're in a group with multiple necros chaining that ulti.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is apparently an add-on that makes everything else but the monsters disappear from your view. If, as it appears you are, you're on PC, that might a help. I'm on Console, so I only heard about it second hand.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero