The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 - Server Switching on Login Messed Up

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The screen where you select the server to load to is stuck showing "North America". "Europe" will flash briefly before it returns to "North America" even though it may take me to Europe. I can seem to select Europe this way, but going back to North America for real seems to require me to kill the game and reload from scratch (on the PS4). Selecting "North America" only takes me to Europe once I have been there.

This has been going on for several days and I am surprised no one else has noted it. It did not ever happen before this point.
Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 10, 2019 9:00PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The screen where you select the server to load to is stuck showing "North America". "Europe" will flash briefly before it returns to "North America" even though it may take me to Europe. I can seem to select Europe this way, but going back to North America for real seems to require me to kill the game and reload from scratch (on the PS4). Selecting "North America" only takes me to Europe once I have been there.

This has been going on for several days and I am surprised no one else has noted it. It did not ever happen before this point.

Well, clearing the PS4 saved data for ESO added a new menu option to select the server first. I shouldn't have to clear save data for a game update, but at least it seems to be working again now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    We are having this issue as well. This is on the ps4. Havent tried clearing the save data though
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong about the extra prompt. The problem has returned.

The extra "which server" prompt only came once after I cleared the stored data.

Please fix this problem!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.

Got a corrupted save report and then it took 3 attempts before it actually wrote a clean save.

Now I have the same issue. The only way I can tell which server I'm going to be logging into is by the descriptive text on the right hand side.

Tried clearing save data too, no luck.
    EU PS4
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Same here this has been happening to me for over a week now ever since the latest patch update download

I can’t by the descriptive text either as this defaults to European server the whole time

I raised this as support ticket a week ago but it does not look like achieved anything
    Edited by pavsaint on November 12, 2019 9:48PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So is anyone looking into this? How could it not be noticed and then fixed for this long?
    PC
    PS4/PS5