The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Possible 2020 Chapter and Zone DLC

Breakinger
Breakinger
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone! I don't usually post here or talk for the least but I want to share my speculation on future ESO updates that we might expect.

DISCLAIMER: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL 3 CHAPTERS AND DRAGONHOLD DLC

First, let's start with the topic the title suggests - the Future regions. In almost all DLCs, Chapters we got we also get the hunch where the next journey will take us. In Morrowind when we do Nayru's quest she mentions Summerset and says that Veya will be sent there as undercover. In the future we got Summerset and we meet Veya again as part of Court Bedlam. After finishing the Summerset quest we talk to Razum-Dar which tells us that he will go to his homeland after the ruckus on Summerset Isles. Of course, after we got the Elsweyr expansion. Now let's talk about what awaits us next. During the main quest of Elsweyr Cadwell mentions Solitude in context. This might not be a big deal because a lot of NPCs mention a lot of cities here and there. But speculation doesn't end there. Sai Sahan also mentions something that makes me believe that the next chapter might be in Skyrim. He says he might look for Lyris there. We also get bit of a hint in Glenumbra, Daggerfall from NPCs that have been added from the Elsweyr Chapter. They stand next to a wayshrine in Daggerfall city. They talk about rampage of Dragon in Elsweyr and on Kajiit mentions his family which he claims to live in Riverwood, Skyrim. For me, those are too much to be just coincidence. Now let's move from Skyrim to Q4 Zone which we might get. There are two hints which suggest which zone will be in the final 2020 update. Not long ago we got teased with new motifs for the New Life Festival Event. Those can be found at the bottom of the Motifs screen. The Motifs are called "Skaal" which if you played Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC might ring a bell. The Solstheim. We also got a new pet which gives you 5 extra slots in your inventory on all chars. This is Bristleneck War Boar which is originally from Solstheim.

I also have a theory on about what the next chapter would be
SPOILERS IF YOU SKIPPED THE FIRST PARAGRAPH
IF we will get Skyrim and Solstheim as new regions, we might take part in the story of two Skyrims. If you didn't know, Skyrim is separated into 2 parts - West and East. Currently, we have access to EAST Skyrim. We possibly will try to reunite both kingdoms into one and figure out the hostilities between them. Might be some Daedric or cultists work as always lol. We might also meet Greybeards because of Dragon Crisis we had in Elsweyr and get to see some Dragons that possibly escaped to Skyrim from Elsweyr. Even very minorly possibly to us see the Paarthurnax. I mean why not? we already met the Niffilgarus, the Dragon that will help Tiber Septim aka Talos in conquering whole Tamerial in the future. At this point I expect everything. We, of course, will meet again Lyris Titanborn as Sai mentioned. Sai will also reappear. Possibly Abnur Tharn too. We will meet at Jorunn Skald-King. Vanos siblings and Nayru once again.

Of course, this might be all nonsense and the next chapter can be in Hammerfell for all I know how ZOS has played their road map. The Theory that Skyrim will be released in 2021 as the anniversary is believable but knowing ZOS, they most likely, IMO, won't do it.

Leave your own thoughts in comments and share them with your own theory. Tell me your opinion if you agree or not. Thanks for reading!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow, I strongly suspect that next Chapter will be Solstheim. And if not, then perhaps a story DLC later, as ZOS said that they will now stick to "season", where all new content is connected by plot.

Basically, what makes me think so is: There were some rumours about upcoming, yet another werewolf rework in eso.

TES III Bloodmoon was all about werewolves and introduced werewolf transformation to TES III Morrowind. Also, Skyrim Dragonborn DLC that took place in Solstheim introduced Werebear - yet another type of were-creature. So clearly, Solstheim = something, something hircine & man-beast.

If Solstheim is to be next chapter, it could explain why ZOS kinda did ignored a lot of feedback on WW during Scalebreaker, as they have plans for WW that they will not reveal till next chapter.
    ^ But that is only my guess.

What I am curious about, is what will be next chapter selling point. My guess is it may be one of the following:
    - New class (highly doubt it, as they are in the process of rebalancing the current ones).
    - New were-creature type (highly unlikely though).
    - New weapon skill line - Spears / Combat staff.
    - New weapon skill line - Sword & spell.
    - New crafting skills - spell crafting.

Keep in mind, that it will be definitely something, or perhaps even more as with Summerset Chapter we got 2 new things:
    - Jewellery crafting
    - Psijic guild skill line
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 9, 2019 5:33PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

There’s another lengthy thread about this topic already, @Breakinger.

There really isn’t any need for a new separate thread.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breakinger wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I don't usually post here or talk for the least but I want to share my speculation on future ESO updates that we might expect.

DISCLAIMER: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL 3 CHAPTERS AND DRAGONHOLD DLC

First, let's start with the topic the title suggests - the Future regions. In almost all DLCs, Chapters we got we also get the hunch where the next journey will take us. In Morrowind when we do Nayru's quest she mentions Summerset and says that Veya will be sent there as undercover. In the future we got Summerset and we meet Veya again as part of Court Bedlam. After finishing the Summerset quest we talk to Razum-Dar which tells us that he will go to his homeland after the ruckus on Summerset Isles. Of course, after we got the Elsweyr expansion. Now let's talk about what awaits us next. During the main quest of Elsweyr Cadwell mentions Solitude in context. This might not be a big deal because a lot of NPCs mention a lot of cities here and there. But speculation doesn't end there. Sai Sahan also mentions something that makes me believe that the next chapter might be in Skyrim. He says he might look for Lyris there. We also get bit of a hint in Glenumbra, Daggerfall from NPCs that have been added from the Elsweyr Chapter. They stand next to a wayshrine in Daggerfall city. They talk about rampage of Dragon in Elsweyr and on Kajiit mentions his family which he claims to live in Riverwood, Skyrim. For me, those are too much to be just coincidence. Now let's move from Skyrim to Q4 Zone which we might get. There are two hints which suggest which zone will be in the final 2020 update. Not long ago we got teased with new motifs for the New Life Festival Event. Those can be found at the bottom of the Motifs screen. The Motifs are called "Skaal" which if you played Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC might ring a bell. The Solstheim. We also got a new pet which gives you 5 extra slots in your inventory on all chars. This is Bristleneck War Boar which is originally from Solstheim.

I also have a theory on about what the next chapter would be
    SPOILERS IF YOU SKIPPED THE FIRST PARAGRAPH
    IF we will get Skyrim and Solstheim as new regions, we might take part in the story of two Skyrims. If you didn't know, Skyrim is separated into 2 parts - West and East. Currently, we have access to EAST Skyrim. We possibly will try to reunite both kingdoms into one and figure out the hostilities between them. Might be some Daedric or cultists work as always lol. We might also meet Greybeards because of Dragon Crisis we had in Elsweyr and get to see some Dragons that possibly escaped to Skyrim from Elsweyr. Even very minorly possibly to us see the Paarthurnax. I mean why not? we already met the Niffilgarus, the Dragon that will help Tiber Septim aka Talos in conquering whole Tamerial in the future. At this point I expect everything. We, of course, will meet again Lyris Titanborn as Sai mentioned. Sai will also reappear. Possibly Abnur Tharn too. We will meet at Jorunn Skald-King. Vanos siblings and Nayru once again.

Of course, this might be all nonsense and the next chapter can be in Hammerfell for all I know how ZOS has played their road map. The Theory that Skyrim will be released in 2021 as the anniversary is believable but knowing ZOS, they most likely, IMO, won't do it.

Leave your own thoughts in comments and share them with your own theory. Tell me your opinion if you agree or not. Thanks for reading!

NGL, I am going to be extremely surprised if the next expansion doesn't have something to do with vampires/vampire lords and Harkon/the dawnguard.

It's the most untouched aspect of the game expansion-wise. Basically what you've listed is more or less continuing the dragon stuff from this year and idk, I don't think they'll do that.

By that point Im pretty sure people will be tired of dragons. And we've dealt with daedric cults so many times already, a vampire/dawn guard threat would be completely different to anyhting we've gotten and a good selling point.