The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Real pet's and ESO.

NaomiHutt
NaomiHutt
✭✭✭✭
I'm just curious how many of us have real pet's at home, but more to the point do they ever impact on your game play?

I have 4 beautiful cat's and every once in a while they will do things like type messages in chat why I'm in the middle of making a coffee.

Of course non of us speak cat so trying to make out what they have typed can sure be a real challenge.

Sometimes when I'm shopping around the world and buying items from traders a cat will walk over my keyboard at hit the go home key (which is part of an add-on) and it will send me to my primary residence.

But the worse one so far has to be when I was tanking the final boss in a vet dlc dungeon and the cat decides it wants my attention and turns off my PC.

Yep that really happens.

How about everyone else, does this ever happen to you or is it only me?
Edited by NaomiHutt on November 9, 2019 12:48PM
  • Bealindra
    Bealindra
    ✭✭
    i have one cat, very demanding(very unique personality) one persian cat, he likes chatting in zone chat or discord,seems people think im drunk most of the time cuz it mostly cat language,altho it is a great excuse when im actually are drunk, hmm, line is fuzzy xd
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am far too paranoid to let my cats near my computer tower, so of course they're on it every chance they get, which means anyone in discord with me gets to hear "Get down from there!" fairly often, plus whatever backtalk I get for it. A few months ago my guildies were also hearing "Ouch! Stop it!" because the kitten was very bitey, but he's calmed down now. He's extremely vocal and chirps pretty loudly so he is still a presence in my voice chat, but for the most part my cats don't mess with my play much.

My best friend, on the other hand...her cats kill us a lot. Bumping her hand so she drives off a cliff or rolls off a platform in the middle of a fight. Stepping on the keyboard so she accidentally pikes the trial boss while we're getting the rundown on mechanics. Standing on skill buttons while she's afk. But their favorite trick is the one yours does, turning off the PC. They will go step on the power strip and it's 100% intentional, they know exactly what they're doing. If the power strip is covered up they have actually pulled the plug out of the wall before. They used to hang up on our phone calls before we started using voice chat. They are BRATS. But they also snuggle on her so she'll forgive them, and purr very loudly into the microphone so I will too. Fuzzy little jerks.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, because I move between countries/cities a lot I don't have any pets.
    But I will adopt a cat once I settle down somewhere
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three cats, two of which have turned the XBox off mid-game because they were claiming it.
    And then there was the time I didn’t realize my mic was on while I was singing to one of them, Sweet Cat O’ Mine I think it was. Sorry guild... I guess I can’t really blame them for that though.

Oh yeah, and the most demanding of the bunch loves to insist on lap-napping while I’m in a dragon/boss fight, or trying to defend or take a keep. I swear she waits until I’m most occupied.
    Edited by doomette on November 9, 2019 1:11PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not bots... But cats playing while the owner is afk? Interesting theory, could explain the lack of action against them.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS4xq8Vvm64TUJ8NLFLRoWJXP5pJBZvd6dYGfMS1nD3784OSMF8
    Edited by mairwen85 on November 9, 2019 1:24PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NaomiHutt wrote: »
    I'm just curious how many of us have real pet's at home, but more to the point do they ever impact on your game play?

I have 4 beautiful cat's and every once in a while they will do things like type messages in chat why I'm in the middle of making a coffee.

Of course non of us speak cat so trying to make out what they have typed can sure be a real challenge.

Sometimes when I'm shopping around the world and buying items from traders a cat will walk over my keyboard at hit the go home key (which is part of an add-on) and it will send me to my primary residence.

But the worse one so far has to be when I was tanking the final boss in a vet dlc dungeon and the cat decides it wants my attention and turns off my PC.

Yep that really happens.

I have 6 cats and so much this! ^

I have the chat open and random cat decides it's 'attention from Slof' time and flops down on keyboard - cue cat spam!

I've been killed when fighting (even something as lame as trash mobs!) because random cat decides to headbonk me to tell me how much I am loved and could I please mke the food bowl work again!

Bought the wrong thing at traders because random cat nudges or steps on mouse!

I wouldn't part with any of the silly furballs though! :)
    Edited by AlienSlof on November 9, 2019 1:45PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    O my.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had all of that when I had cats (before starting to play this game). Now I'm catless, and have a Brittany instead. She's too big to be a lap dog (and I'm not into lap dogs anyway), and the plugs for my machines are where she can't get at them. She did disconnect my internet a couple of times - the cable used to run from the back fence down onto the deck and into the house behind the computer, and she chewed up a couple of spots. After that we put the cable inside a long run of pvc....
  • weltlichgesinnt
    To add something different to the mix of catscatsandmorecats, I have 2 male ferret kits that are quite rambunctious in the evenings and like to play-fight or climb my legs at exactly the right times to cause my death in-game.

Over the years since first playing, I have been a very happy German shepherd and chinchilla owner, who all allowed me to play games in peace for a couple hours at a time (chinchillas, aka cord-chewers, in their own separate, cordless room). But sadly they passed away, and now I'm a slave to carpet sharks!

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cat loves to cuddle while I play, between my body and the keyboard. Although he is quite big, he is a quiet softie and does not interefere much (all the clumsiness is my own).
    PC-EU
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dogs and sometimes my guild mates get to hear them barking at something.

Sometimes one nudges my mouse side elbow asking for attention or to remind me it's time to go to bed.

Another one likes to lie under a table on the side of my desk and makes it difficult to move my chair.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dog is too big to be a lap dog, but this ain't stopping him, nono. Every time I sneeze he'll charge into the room from where ever he is and jump on me, regardless of what I'm doing in game.

The little ones loves to push his bone toy around the laminate floor with his paws while I'm on voice and it sounds like he is playing with stones (which he occasionally does) other than that he'll just sit quiet next to me and he will sit there for 10 minutes if I don't realize - waiting for me to throw his ball.

Big doggo is quite calm, likes to sleep a lot. She seems to know when the most awkward moment is to get some cuddles and will come push my hand in the middle of an epic battle just to get her cuddle. I try to play with one hand then but she is boss. She'll bark at me for not paying enough attention and I have to pause for at least a minute to stroke her. After that she'll happily Trott along and go back to bed.

Up to this day they have never turned off my computer, but one day when the little one was baby he chewed the cables and I wondered why it wouldn't turn on anymore.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one cat and, let's just say, he's not the nicest cat on the planet (I love him anyway)! He likes to bite me when I'm playing and I'm not talking affectionate little kitty bites..........I'm talking pitbull bites! Aside from the usual causing me to ride off of cliffs and die in dungeons, my friends in Discord get an earful. I always thought he would mellow with age but he is 16 and hasn't mellowed yet! He had a rough life as a kitten before he came to me so I tolerate his biting.

Oh, and he also chewed the cord to my headset! :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NaomiHutt wrote: »

Yep that really happens.

I have one alfiq named lily, she is ALWAYS on my lap or wrapped around my shoulders when I am on pc. She us a therapy animal and helps with my ptsd and anxiety. Oddly enough I'm fine on the forums but get me in voice chat and I lose my head.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We've removed some posts from this thread due to its non-constructive nature and inappropriate content. Please keep the threads civil and constructive.
    Staff Post
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cat loves to watch PVP, probably because she taught my NB everything he knows:)
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've got 2 dogs, one of whom thinks that anytime I talk, it must be that I am talking to him so when he hears me join voice he comes charging in and whining and barking so my groups tend to get to listen to him. Despite being about 80lbs, he also thinks he is a lap dog so he will try to get in my lap sometimes. If he gets too rowdy, my other dog comes and tries to distract him and then they'll roughhouse behind me so everyone is treated to playful growls and clicks of nails on hardwood and thumps on the floor of their bouncing. The calmer of the two also likes to come up and nudge my elbow when he would like some attention. The people I group with most often now can usually tell the two apart. I do offer to mute myself (and sometimes I do anyway) but my friends don't seem to mind. :)
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Well when I still lived with my parents we had a Great Dane that chewed up 3 Xbox controllers, my current dog starts nudging me and bite my hand because too much attention goes to eso 😅

Also my first ps4 mic ( the one you get with the console) was eaten by my current dog.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a lurcher (dog).... she’s my favourite thing ever... her name is Bomblepants or Bomb for short ♥️♥️♥️
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    My cat loves to cuddle while I play, between my body and the keyboard. Although he is quite big, he is a quiet softie and does not interefere much (all the clumsiness is my own).

I have this too with my youngest Ragdoll - he is very closely bonded to me, and likes to snuggle in my arms as I play. He makes a great boob-warmer in winter! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a French Bulldog who likes to be lazy and nap around the house, only moving if he wants his belly scratched :p He does love to explore during walks though and meet new ppl and their dogs.

One of his fav spots to nap? Right under my computer desk. I've had some ppl on Discord asking me what that noise/static is on my mic, to which I reply that it's my dog sleeping at my feet and snoring really loud :D

And yes, when the Breton Terrier pet was released a while ago, I just had to have it. :p

KCkGznP.png

Travelling across Tamriel with the gang :)
    Edited by Tryxus on November 9, 2019 4:59PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a 13 yo Australian Shepherd mix that is starting to get cataracts, so his new favorite activity is barking at the NPCs when I open a dialogue screen lol. Runs right up to the TV and barks like they invaded the house! :D
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dog sometimes plug out my ethernet cable so I can blame ZOS for disconnects and kicks to login screen :D
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I can't have pets at the moment, so no one to interrupt my gaming (except my husband). But I used to have a cat who loved to sneak into the back of the computer desk and fight the mouse wire when it moved, which often lead to yanking the entire mouse down the back of the desk - then the cat running out at light speed because it fell on him! :D

We got a cordless mouse specifically because of that and he was NOT impressed.

I also used to have a dog who would go and fetch her lead and try to put it into your hand when she wanted a walk, no matter what you were doing at the time. That was always interesting.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have three cats.
    One Dog.
    Two birds.
    Two Snakes.
    And fish (they don't interact with the computer tho)

They've all at one point or another gotten to mess with my PC or my game.
    More times often then not a cat will run across the keyboard, or play with a wire (I've since done some better cable management in the back because of this).

or a bird will poo on a monitor or scream loud over discord, jarring guild mates. Or a snake will find a warm spot under the keyboard and hide there for several hours while I try to find him to put him back up.

Its just apart of owning animals, I swear.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I had to have my 14 year old dog put to sleep a few weeks ago.

I do have chickens though. You've not lived until you've had a cuddle with a chook lol

Eta. My daughter has a bearded dragon. I don't think it's s ever played eso. Never seen such a placid laid back animal though.
    Edited by pdblake on November 9, 2019 9:10PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have two cats. The older one, Finnegan, used to "help" me while I played games. He'd sit in my lap and start pushing buttons on the controller. He helped me in Dark Souls, he helped me in Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons, and he helped me in ESO. He's quite a bit older now and less helpful. Now he likes to sit in front of the screen and pin his ears back in judgment.

The young one, Poe, isn't interested in the controller so much as he hates it. If I set it down, he'll knock it to the floor and put his head in my hand instead. He likes to jump up on my desk and start rolling around and exposing his belly. It's expertly distracting!

If either one of them approaches me I immediately drop whatever I'm doing to love on them. Team mates, I'm so sorry.

UPDATE: I'm sitting in the middle of Daggerfall and Poe is trying to eat everyone running by on the screen.
    Edited by SickleCider on November 10, 2019 4:38AM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Unfortunately I had to have my 14 year old dog put to sleep a few weeks ago. [. . . ]

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Unfortunately I had to have my 14 year old dog put to sleep a few weeks ago. [. . . ]

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks