Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Probably the most boring combat patch i've experienced.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
I dont know how other people feel about this latest patch but for me personally, I'd rather scarebreaker than this. The tank meta the nerfs have brought truly is mind numbing, the nerfs to dots where way too strong and the change to dizzying swing has made classes like stamsorc an absolute chore to play in cp pvp. What do other people think, is any1 enjoying this and have you found an answer for a good solo build? Mag or stam, help would be appreciated.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I still wreck with my stamsorc in CP. Same builds from last patch, I currently have 2. Working on 3 more at the moment (hybrid, dot, and WW one, yep I'm crazy), unfortunately used all my stones with previous patch..

Stun with dizzy is still pretty easy, just do a med HA and you will stun your opponent - it is actually easy, just takes more skill imo. I actually think this balanced the skill, before it was a dizzy spam fest.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tank meta" is being thrown around way too much. Being able to heal yourself doesn't make you a tank. People lost their ridiculous DoTs and suddenly can't kill anyone. Sounds like a you problem.

My Magden, in light armor, no defensive sets, is doing just fine.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    "Tank meta" is being thrown around way too much. Being able to heal yourself doesn't make you a tank. People lost their ridiculous DoTs and suddenly can't kill anyone. Sounds like a you problem.

Not quite. In the prior update they buffed DoTs and healing. Now they nerfed DoTs and some spams but didn't adjusted the heals.
    Healing over Time abilities (both single target and Area of Effect) no longer adhere to the Damage over Time standards due to their limited application and accessibility. They have not received any adjustments this patch, but are being closely monitored.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497974/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-5-dragonhold-update-24#latest

So it should be obvious that healing is far easier now than it was before.
    But if you're doing fine in light armor without any defensive set you could know that the offense/ defense relation shifted.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    I disagree, I still wreck with my stamsorc in CP. Same builds from last patch, I currently have 2. Working on 3 more at the moment (hybrid, dot, and WW one, yep I'm crazy), unfortunately used all my stones with previous patch..

Stun with dizzy is still pretty easy, just do a med HA and you will stun your opponent - it is actually easy, just takes more skill imo. I actually think this balanced the skill, before it was a dizzy spam fest.

I honestly feel like stamsorc is a sleeper this patch. I've never had one, but the same old stam sorcs that have been around forever seem to have really been bumped up a lot. They can't ALL have suddenly improved in skill. GG to those players who stuck it out when stam sorc was bottom tier.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I honestly feel like stamsorc is a sleeper this patch. I've never had one, but the same old stam sorcs that have been around forever seem to have really been bumped up a lot. They can't ALL have suddenly improved in skill. GG to those players who stuck it out when stam sorc was bottom tier.

I think what happened is that everything has been balanced/nerfed, called it what ever in the past few patches, while stamsorcs have been somewhat untouched.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to make a mistake or be careless to die 1v1 now. I can cast vigor and spam really for 8k hp per second. It's stupid easy.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP combat in 5.2 is like a PvE boss with long invulnerability phases that you can't do anything about.

No matter how hard you adapt, the fight remains dull as dishwater.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I think what happened is that everything has been balanced/nerfed, called it what ever in the past few patches, while stamsorcs have been somewhat untouched.

TBF there wasn't much to nerf class wise.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change your build. There are some real strong builds with alot of pen/WD/SP that absolutely melt.

1vX is the only thing suffering that I've seen. Defile is hard to slot/even get for most classes and healing is high.

So far I'm loving the patch
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    You have to make a mistake or be careless to die 1v1 now. I can cast vigor and spam really for 8k hp per second. It's stupid easy.

Spam...rally?.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know how other people feel about this latest patch but for me personally, I'd rather scarebreaker than this. The tank meta the nerfs have brought truly is mind numbing, the nerfs to dots where way too strong and the change to dizzying swing has made classes like stamsorc an absolute chore to play in cp pvp. What do other people think, is any1 enjoying this and have you found an answer for a good solo build? Mag or stam, help would be appreciated.

Please don't scalebreaker was the worst patch so far, dizzying swing its still very good but they should leave it like it was before, just fix the delay knockback.. anyways i found a not average stamsorc and they still doing pretty well, but yeah the reaction of people for this patch was stackin health and resistances i found several groups like this today doing no damage, zos should stop nerf the 1vX scene instead, zergs will always stack and win
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    personally i dont see what the issue is, the patch notes have been up well over a month now so its not really like it was a huge shock we all knew it was coming and had plenty of time to adjust, cookie-cutter builds will suffer as the "meta" has shifted but those of us that play "off meta" have adapted and in some cases are stronger, those on the Console who have just got the new patch as always it will take a week for you to adjust to some of the new skill changes but thats just standard for ESO. all in all the changes are good and PvP whilst still a few tanky builds about are easier to pin down and drain fights feel more balanced than they did before, thats just my opinion though :)
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Best patch yet imo. No more cheesy DoTs and no more wrecking blow. You actually have to get good and line up burst combos instead of firing 5 DoTs and spamming execute or filling up with bleeds and poisons.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

This. Dizzy and dots got nerfed and suddenly PvP "pros" population dropped. I really like this patch, its not perfect but at least you are not dying to some noob hiding behind a tree casting 4 dots on you, or 4 stam warden groups where they just swing dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, onslaught, exec.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Change your build. There are some real strong builds with alot of pen/WD/SP that absolutely melt.

1vX is the only thing suffering that I've seen. Defile is hard to slot/even get for most classes and healing is high.

1vx is what i play for, i gues thats why i hate dragonhold so much.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

I've seen plenty of 1vx, my self included. They removed some of the cheese like dizzy spam and dots - both truly cancer, nothing was worse than seeing dizzy*5 from different people and then executes all over - very dumb gameplay. Same with dots, 3 people fully dotting you a d that is it, no counter and most of them built to soak in dmg while the dots did everything. Idk how many Templars and dks would literally dot you and then block. I consider this patch an improvement, not the greatest, but good.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen plenty of 1vx, my self included. They removed some of the cheese like dizzy spam and dots - both truly cancer, nothing was worse than seeing dizzy*5 from different people and then executes all over - very dumb gameplay. Same with dots, 3 people fully dotting you a d that is it, no counter and most of them built to soak in dmg while the dots did everything. Idk how many Templars and dks would literally dot you and then block. I consider this patch an improvement, not the greatest, but good.

Be good to see a 1vx build and a video rather than claims.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dswing double nerf was far too much. The skill was over nerfed based on how strong it was when paired with onslaught, after being terrible for several years. With onslaught being reduced to 6 seconds, dswing should have only had ONE of those two changes. Losing the chunk of damage in addition to the built in stun just makes the skill an unrewarding chore to use.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Spam...rally?.

Yea, by hiting rally consecutively, youre still getting 4k on weak builds. Add in vigor ticks u can easily gain 8k hps before crits.

Oh, i said "really", i see why u commented that. Lol.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    The dswing double nerf was far too much. The skill was over nerfed based on how strong it was when paired with onslaught, after being terrible for several years. With onslaught being reduced to 6 seconds, dswing should have only had ONE of those two changes. Losing the chunk of damage in addition to the built in stun just makes the skill an unrewarding chore to use.

Exactly, and it has a cast time still making it hard to land for little benefit.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

Be good to see a video of your claims about you not being able to kill anyone or anything or how about you just quit the game? Every patch is the worst and the worst, and this games keeps getting worse bu hu.

And yes, let me take some of my time to prove someone something as insignificant as 1vx something which games are not designed for specifically MMOs. Get real. No offense intended btw.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be good to see a video of your claims about you not being able to kill anyone or anything or how about you just quit the game? Every patch is the worst and the worst, and this games keeps getting worse bu hu.

And yes, let me take some of my time to prove someone something as insignificant as 1vx something which games are not designed for specifically MMOs. Get real. No offense intended btw.

No video then. My point is instead of saying your xing all these people no problem you could be constructive and say how, what build etc. This is why im sceptical about your claims of easy X's, no need to get upset x
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on November 8, 2019 7:39PM
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

No video then. My point is instead of saying your xing all these people no problem you could be constructive and say how, what build etc. This is why im sceptical about your claims of easy X's, no need to get upset x

Nah no video, I rather play and test new builds than proving something so pointless. Also never have I said I am xing all these people, have I've done it yes, is it all I do hell no, I mainly play bgs. Have I being part of someone else xving me yes. I prefer team play, small skirmish style.

You are asking me to be constructive yet your post is the opposite, calling for proofs, I am asking you the same, show me you can't kill anyone in this meta. But even better I ask you to try and test different builds.

Anyway, you can ask for my builds next time. I use the most common one you could ever find. Troll king, impen, seventh, DW brp, still works pretty well from my experience. The second build I use DW and bow back bar prisoner rags, impen and troll king, got nerfed because I used mainly dots then spin to win, still does some damage and I can streak more than a magsorc and run like no one else, very fun - trying new abilities same gear to see if I can make it worn like last patch.

The other three builds are still a work in progress. I can share once I tested them more and get those damn trans stones.

Edit: if you play PC add me @fbours and will be more than happy to share in game the builds I am working on. Both my magblade and stamsorc.

Have fun playing.
    Edited by fbours on November 8, 2019 9:00PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most 1vX vids I see now a days is 2 good players stomping pugs by kiting and ult dumping after callout. Not all tho, sometimes they actually take the training wheels off and kill newbies or PVE specs.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on November 9, 2019 4:46PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

I think the "nerf" did more good then harm on my Stam DK and Stam Sorc. Offbalance proc was a pain to get for sets like truth or in no CP. Now I can use truth set in bgs and invest stats into tharm/healing easier in CP trees.

Have you tried heavy attack 2h set up? You should do it before every Ult drop, lots extra damage. Also it stuns, setting up the kill. Just takes a little more skill.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this patch. The biggest issues is the healing — but I expect that to be nerfed next patch because patch notes seem to indicate it’s being closely monitored. Which I’m fine with. Surprised more people aren’t using the poisons that negate healing for x amount of time. Works really well on healing troll builds. Especially one on one.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most 1vX vids I see now a days is 2 good players stomping pugs by kiting and ult dumping after callout. Not all tho, sometimes they actually take the training wheels off and kill newbies or PVE specs.

That'd be a 2vX my friend.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if we are being real, there is a very small margin of players 1vXing anything other than potato groups. Yes some 1vXers are legitimately killing good players, but most of them are just balling on crap groups. I see it in almost every montage. Same 1vXer cry that they can no longer do it because 1. Those potatoes got good or 2. They tried to 1vX a competent group.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of the point.

"I only like to 1vX bro." *Drags pocket Templar/Magsorc everywhere*
    Edited by Lokey0024 on November 10, 2019 1:50AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Kind of the point.

"I only like to 1vX bro." *Drags pocket Templar/Magsorc everywhere*

This is what I see too. Small scalers are just groups that have a healer, nothing pro about it.

When I solo heal pugs we usually end up getting the better of them ungrouped.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 10, 2019 3:13AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten