The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 NA - A Hero's Song achievement bugged?

QuietPanda_22
QuietPanda_22
✭✭✭
Edit: resolved. I assumed the main questline was complete when I received the last tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion.

I've been to the Senchel palace terrace multiple times, both immediately after I completed the main questline and after relogging. (I've completed the main questline in northern Elsweyr as well.) There is no "hero" NPC showing up for me. I've searched for a solution but all I've read is that a cat shows up and leads you to a khajit.
Edited by QuietPanda_22 on November 6, 2019 9:11PM
Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
Angelienne, Breton Templar
Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight
Atha'zagora, Khajiit Arcanist
Mokey Fraggle, Argonian Warden
Bumfuzzle Briar, Khajiit Warden
Nandailie Resinator, Dark Elf Necromancer
Faerylicious, Orc Necromancer
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This crap is bugged and I’ve done both quests. NO CAT APPEARS! I’m pissed!
    Edited by JumpmanLane on November 24, 2019 2:57AM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you've completed the quest line you should have been directed out a door at the back of the palace for the celebration/thank you speech. After you've completed that quest, just at the doorstep if you were to leave again the ghostly alfiq appears. It's small and translucent and, given everything else going on around at the time, very easy to miss. Once it appears, it begins to walk away to lead you to your destination.

What I would suggest is going back out onto that terrace and, if you don't see the spectral kitty to follow, turn to your right as you enter and you'll see a gazebo. That gazebo is where the cat would have led you. Try going over there and see if it triggers anything. It's entirely possible the alfiq was triggered at some point and already wandered over there without your realizing.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finished it just moments ago, working fine for me on PS4/NA

As I walked up the stairs to leave the terrace, the ghostly alfiq ran down the stairs and into the gazebo to the left of the stairs (when facing the door to leave). He moves pretty fast so you might miss him, but since he led me around Moonlit Cove I followed him to see what might happen.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 24, 2019 4:55AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys so much. I’ll try the things you mentioned. :)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg I’m soooo sorry ZOS and EVERYONE. I ported to my house right after the ceremony and SKIPPED ALL THE DIALOGUE in the main quests :(

I went out the wrong door lol, when I came back looking for the cat :(
    Found it hehehehe
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is an old post, but:

Can't do "A Hero's Song" quest until all main quests in Northern and Southern Elsweyr are completed. The confusion comes, because there are 3 more quests you finish all the quests for the free house and expansion (Hall of the Lunar Champion). After completing the Northern and Southern Elsweyr quests for the free house, go back to the "Dragonguard Sanctum" and start getting the "Season the Dragon" quests: (1) The Dark Aeon; (2) New Moon Rising; and (3) The Pride of Elsweyr.