The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best PvP update in many years

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
I play on console and the new patch just dropped today and I cant say Ive ever been more impressed with 1 update to improve the quality of PvP in this game. The DOT changes are by far the best and greatest change to reintroduce a proper skill gap back into the game. It really shows how insanely over tuned and how unskilled high DOT abilities are. Playing usually either solo or in a 2-3 man, DOT damage was just unbearable and by far the most dead update I had played. The only pain points are now the much lower PvE dps, snipe and health recovery and off heals. Its actually hard to believe the difference nerfing dots could make to the quality of this game, usually Im one to complain but well done to the devs this update 10/10 so far.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    I play on console and the new patch just dropped today and I cant say Ive ever been more impressed with 1 update to improve the quality of PvP in this game. The DOT changes are by far the best and greatest change to reintroduce a proper skill gap back into the game. It really shows how insanely over tuned and how unskilled high DOT abilities are. Playing usually either solo or in a 2-3 man, DOT damage was just unbearable and by far the most dead update I had played. The only pain points are now the much lower PvE dps, snipe and health recovery and off heals. Its actually hard to believe the difference nerfing dots could make to the quality of this game, usually Im one to complain but well done to the devs this update 10/10 so far.

Well let us not forget how absolutely no one here wanted/predicted the DoTs get so strong that they were. It was all ZOS's brainfart-idea and this patch is just rectifying that huge mistake. PVP performance is still bad as ever, and their incompetence essentially just wasted months of a) their time and effort b) our time and effort.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gameplay is better this patch, but the tank meta is more worst. And healing is out of control...
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ok.... So let me get this right....

Zos changes dots to stupid op level and no one asks them to...

Then zos reverts it back because it was a horrible idea...

And now you say that was an great dev move?

Did you get dropped as a child or am I missing the sarcasm?
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ok.... So let me get this right....

Zos changes dots to stupid op level and no one asks them to...

Then zos reverts it back because it was a horrible idea...

And now you say that was an great dev move?

Did you get dropped as a child or am I missing the sarcasm?

Single target DOTs are now worse than ever before, the changes to bleeds were the most needed of all, the number of builds using masters duel wield axes and throwing 2x 2k per second dots on with LA rending was disgusting, making for skill free damage never before seen, couple with wrecking blow dawny/onslaught was a horrible year of PVP to say the least
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds was like two three patches ago so that's kinda irrelevant. I mean if that is the basis of your complaint this thread should have been written like in March.... This entire year has been horrible move after horrible move over nerf after over buff after over nerf, it's a joke man, you need to open your eyes
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on November 6, 2019 11:33AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to click here to see if the title was coming from console. Did not disappoint.

That was my first impression day 1 PC as all the zergs of DOT spammers were getting dropped like fat kids on seasaws. Did some zerg diving and got 60 kills in like 30 minutes or something ridiculous like that.

After that though; I saw more health, armor, health recovery stacking, and more faction stacking. Seems like a reaction to loss of easy damage for the majority of players, and less uptime to onslaught means less ways to deal with it. I wonder if consoles will see something similar
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I had to click here to see if the title was coming from console. Did not disappoint.

That was my first impression day 1 PC as all the zergs of DOT spammers were getting dropped like fat kids on seasaws. Did some zerg diving and got 60 kills in like 30 minutes or something ridiculous like that.

After that though; I saw more health, armor, health recovery stacking, and more faction stacking. Seems like a reaction to loss of easy damage for the majority of players, and less uptime to onslaught means less ways to deal with it. I wonder if consoles will see something similar

Yup, DOTs were overtuned last patch. Just Zerg surfing dorking around I got like 122 kills straight in like an hour. Killing blow? Structured Entropy lol.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yea its a shame people seem to always take the easiest option, but I would prefer dealing with troll tank builds that do no damage or healing over block cast heal spamming magplars that hit over 3k per second of dots each. At the end of the day as a small scale player kiting zerglings away from the horde has pretty much always been Cyrodiil, regardless of meta, they just have much less utility now.